Petition to change d3 artistic direction

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You guys are ****ING retarded. There were Necromancers and Paladins in and BEFORE Diablo II came out in Warcraft II.

Guess what Warcraft Didn't moinopolize mythical ideas around magic, and Diablo being set in medival fantasy Horror overlaps quite a bit with Warcraft, before Diablo III came out. What the hell is anything with the witch doctor, there is more similarities with the necromancers in the two games (war/D2)than with the witchdoctors(war 3/ D3).

People just like to sit around and bitch about **** that doesn't matter.

FuLouZero

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

It should definitely look like this. It needs sharper graphics and dark filthy environments.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
k heres my real stance with graphics besides my reposts of BLOOM AND BROWN

Using the above and overly posted pic as reference i like theright dungeon a little more then the current. just like the little details that are shown more i think.

Outside. Vegetation/terrain on the left i like the best. Right side looks like like **** really.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
no the new graphics are kinda gay.

and its not the new graphics that i dont like, its the weird cartyoony movements. its too smooth. i like the older rough movement. and necromancer is ****ing ownage.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm out of this argument. I'm just gonna get pissed off and start flaming noobs worse than I already have.

In all honesty, my own personal tastes I like darker stuff...but what chaps my ass is that there is NOTHING wrong with how things are. Jenny said it best: next-gen gamers are graphics-whores. If it doesn't look like the monsters are going to pop out of the screen, it's too cartoony.

I kinda like the top comparison's "How it should look," because yes...honestly a dark and dank dungeon is nice for gameplay ambience...but with how it relates to overall D3 style, it IS dark and dank. Truth be told, the right sound backdrop would make it way better...perhaps no musical score at all, just the background noise of a dark sewer...dripping, rats chittering, the occasional unidentifiable shuffling sound.

But as for the bottom one, that's just ridiculous. It's outside during the day...and for crying out loud it's only "bright" out for a short time! You get to the bridge and it starts raining!

Honestly, I think people just like to bitch about things. Reason purely extraneous, let's just bitch.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ppl are getting angry over nothing lolol

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I wouldn't know, I played a trial of WoW for maybe 10 minutes before deleting it off my computer and burning the disc. I didn't recognize the interface as being significant, even though it looks nothing like the one in the D3 trailer.

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
actually i really like what fulou did with those screenshots -- they do look really good.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

LOOK AT THAT BLOOM

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
The art direction I hate the most is that the chat gem will still not leave us alone. :(
Diablo III

1UP: On the subject of Diablo III being a more colorful game, there's already comments online about the color palette. Can you talk about how the team arrived at the decision for a wider color palette?

RP: Yeah, so we've probably been through, I don't know, maybe three major art direction changes on the game. And the previous two were probably a little more similar to the Diablo II look. But it just didn't feel right anymore. It didn't feel like an interesting enough environment to play in anymore. So when we finally came up with this look, what we're really trying to do is add more color to the game, and we were very careful to not want to go to WOW. We don't want the game to look like WOW. We want it to look like Diablo. But we felt that there was an opportunity to add more color to the game but still keep the game feeling dark. And I think that's something a little tougher to see in a demo. I think when you're playing the game, people will fall in love with it, and will realize, "you know what? You can have reds and blues and a more painted look and still have a very dark, gothic feel to it all."

1UP: Again, as a Diablo fan, I'll just say that I was a "Hammerdin" (hammer-focused Paladin) in Diablo II, and was a bit sad that you showed other classes instead. Can you talk about how the team arrived at showcasing the Barbarian and the Witch Doctor?

RP: Just lots of arguing and debating until we decided. The Barbarian was the easy one for us, because he's one of the few classes that's coming over into the new game, and we thought that'd be a great opportunity to really show people what's new about Diablo III through the lens of a class that people have already played. So you can really see what's different about the game through just watching the Barbarian. We also wanted to show something new, and we argued quite a bit about which class to focus on and show to the public. The Witch Doctor won out.
Diablo III Rob Pardo Interview

Have some hope guys.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
God I love you Wing. Even if you don't make that stuff yourself, you find it and bring it to me. If BF went down right now, you'd easily be the one I miss the most, regardless of who I'm better friends with or whatever.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score