Perfect Gem Activated. whats it do?

Zoltar

Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing.
No one really knows why its there. But no one has proven if it does or doesnt do anything.

SmileZ

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.chronic7.com
UIm not gonna go into alot of detail cause somewhere there is a topic i have explained it once before. The gem was gonna be used as a way of voice communication in Diablo 2. It never fell through but that is the reason its there you can also ask Savage he knows about the gem also.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
I heard a rumor ages ago that its some sort of chat menu trading system that was deemed insecure and got badly patched out. Just a rumor...

Ah wow i just saw the "Perfect gem activated" bit in your picture, i never seen that before..

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I've never gotten it within the many many years that I used to play D2. No skin off my back. However, its been proven the gem is server side only so yeah. plus it works just fine. on and off. :)

Zoltar

Premium Member
Reaction score
To get it to display "Perfect Gem Activated" you have to click the gem around 1000 times.

Troik must have been bored as hell.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
if you click it enough tiems blizzard will send you a beta key for starcraft 2 and diablo 3 !

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried it before LoD came out

nothing happened

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
what it was originaly ment for:
it was going to be used for voice chat in the channels, but because of the chance of people trying to cyber, mass cursing/spamming, it was taken out, much like the Gender box pre-1.11

what it does now:
if you click it alot, it will eventually say "Perfect Gem Activated" ive done it multiple times, but it can take well over 100,000 clicks before it works, and if you get it, normally its because youve been spamming it,a nd wind up clicking directly off of it, pissing you off [ive done it tons.]

if the "Perfect gem activated" actually does anything, it is not known by anyone. and that is a longshot considering people have tore this game apart to 1's and 0's trying to find anything they can about it.

also, i fu have sound on while doing it,s ometimes itll Moo at you like the hell bouvine.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Keke.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Before LOD you used to recieve a "moooooo" message too.

From Blizzard Insider June 2001.

A: After a solid year of silence, we just can't keep the secret anymore. The long awaited answer to one of the most burning questions about Diablo II is simple: It does what it does. When you click on the Gem, it works perfectly every time, and that is what we have always said. To paraphrase Sigmund Freud, "Sometimes a Gem is just a Gem"!

It doesn't have a purpose, it never had a purpose.