Pc vs xBox Halo.

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Which one do you like best?

I love the multiplayer on both of them. Because every saturday night me and like 10 friends get together and hook up 3 xboxes. But the only problem with playing with friends, is that sniping would never work. Thats because they can view their screen and see that someone is targeting their head...

Thats why the PC version comes out better with the online multiplayer games because people are not watching your side of the TV screen. Some people depend on this to own everyone in Halo... Like on Blood Gulch can you can camp a cave with frags (which we use unlimited.)

The controls: I just love the keyboard and mouse controls. It makes things so much better. That is if you are right handed. When I play on Saturday nights, I need to get used to the xBox control buttons again. :(

Just the nice movement of the controls with a keyboard and mouse makes it easy to aim alot better.

IDefy

Reaction score
I don't like the controls for PC but I'm still going to go with it. I could see not liking to play with a few tv's where people can screen cheat. PC's are better for this because the person is miles away or if ur playing LAN u can hook up ur pc away from theres.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PC. i configured it like my UT settings (i wub UT), so getting used to the controls wasnt a big problem.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
unless you have a crummy graphics card, thats actually not true.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Halo is the only game I've played on both console and PC that I like better on console.

Nothing--I mean NOTHING beats Halo Xbox parties. So far, I've played Halo on a 40" plasma TV, I've played it in a telemarketers office (they have some really comfortable computer chairs), and I've played it in a bar called "Sally's Place" with $250+ worth of snacks, drinks, and games on four 27" TVs each equipped with S-Video and dolby digital surround sound.

Ebay.God

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xtreme-host.net
Originally posted by Master_America
Halo is the only game I've played on both console and PC that I like better on console.

Nothing--I mean NOTHING beats Halo Xbox parties. So far, I've played Halo on a 40" plasma TV, I've played it in a telemarketers office (they have some really comfortable computer chairs), and I've played it in a bar called "Sally's Place" with $250+ worth of snacks, drinks, and games on four 27" TVs each equipped with S-Video and dolby digital surround sound.
wow, that must have rocked. I like the xbox better because my pc sux X| Im getting a router soon and ima use xbconnect, most games are halo on there XD

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i had my friend burn the pc version for me, and every nght after hw, we play team slayer forever, whooping other clans and whatnot..... ventrilo is great for this.....dont hafta stop and type lol.....im better on xbox tho :(

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i can snipe with freinds on xbox.. most of the times we dont look but when you catch a glimpse of the screen it just means yuo gotta be faster and a better dodger. hell, we dont even realize we have the ability to look at eachothers screen in the middle of a battle.. if yuo dont see them on radar im thinking "SHIT WTF WHERE R THEY!!1!?!?" and it doesnt occur to me to look...

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sniping is one of the great points of the game........noone really looks at the other screens, ur right there, they're too absorbed in their own

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Originally posted by Ebay.God
wow, that must have rocked. I like the xbox better because my pc sux X| Im getting a router soon and ima use xbconnect, most games are halo on there XD
Yeah, I've played over there (at the bar) a few times. Only a couple were big parties like that though. It's my friend's house.

I only have an FX 5200, so Halo doesn't exactly run smoothly on my computer anyway.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would really like to know where this bar is......

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]I havent played them much but I have played both, I'd say XBox, just because I like the controls.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Originally posted by munchyman
I would really like to know where this bar is......
Nelson, CA. Nelson is more of a shantytown or a village than an actual town. It's an old bar called "Sally's Place". You couldn't miss the bar, but Nelson's hard to find.

Friends brought the TVs, though. They only actually have three large TVs and two Xboxes in their house/bar. I'm not sure about sound systems.

Greywolf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would go for the xbox, the aiming is more realistic than with a mouse.... I mean when your are in real life with a heavy rocketlouncher in your hands... its not so easy to just "trow" your mouse to the other side of the screen in just less than a sec.

Ebay.God

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xtreme-host.net
Xbox beats pc. Why you say? All xbox's are pretty much the same, so you cant say "AH SHIT, I LAGGED BECAUSE MY XBOX SUX!!!" but with a pc you can say "AH SHIT, I LAGGED BECAUSE MY COMPUTER SUX!!!"

Its fair grounds for everything. You will never had a 3.06ghz ati radion 9800 xbox going against a pII 266 motherboard ghx card xbox. That just will never happen, ever.

Cert

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.coreyisgod.com
PC >>>>>> xBox
the controls are much easier. once u get 1 FPS its almost the same controls for every other one... up w down s et cetra. i like aiming with the mouse a lot better than the game controller. i hate playing split screen on a consol cuz unless u have some huge ass tv the graphics are fuxxored up and so freaking small. i suck at the xBox, yet i pwn al over everyone's faces at the pc. i play halo almost everyday after school with up to 7 other people, including IDefy. i am the best there

ZConnor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
nowhere.org
Originally posted by Ebay.God
Xbox beats pc. Why you say? All xbox's are pretty much the same, so you cant say "AH SHIT, I LAGGED BECAUSE MY XBOX SUX!!!" but with a pc you can say "AH SHIT, I LAGGED BECAUSE MY COMPUTER SUX!!!"

Its fair grounds for everything. You will never had a 3.06ghz ati radion 9800 xbox going against a pII 266 motherboard ghx card xbox. That just will never happen, ever.
Not my problem I have that better PC...:)

I prefer the PC because of better controls [mouse and N50 gamepad] and the higher resolutions.

ZConnor

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the pc one lags like hell, the xbox version was better