Patch 1.15

L

Laharl

How long has this thing been around? Why was it created, how long until it's fixed? This is getting ridiculous, since a negative pactch that adds so little to the game has been implemented, and left in place for over two weeks!

COME ON ALREADY.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Patches are to fix problems that were brought up be previous patches. :p

L

Laharl

1.15 causes more problems than it fixes. It causes disruptions to the game, and some of the fixes to it are in third party hacks. I thought Blizzard wanted to DISCOURAGE third party hacking?

In that case, perhaps they should make their games playable WITHOUT them.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
That's been a problem for me 2 patches since.

L

Laharl

The map file are being distributed, it's just that it's invisible.

Another common set of bugs are arbitrary dropping

PauseBreak

Reaction score
The map file are being distributed, it's just that it's invisible.

Another common set of bugs are arbitrary dropping
No,
I get plenty of times that damn message of Map Distribution thing.

L

Laharl

I know. I'm saying that the map dl isn't showing up because it's invisible. Someone is probably downloading, slowly, and thus stopping you from going.

Have you experienced the lovely dropping/lag problems? They're stupid.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I know. I'm saying that the map dl isn't showing up because it's invisible. Someone is probably downloading, slowly, and thus stopping you from going.

Have you experienced the lovely dropping/lag problems? They're stupid.
I know that they (Blizzard) took away the dl'ing counter last patch 1.14 or was it 1.13. Either way, yeah, that sucks.

I heard the dropping was due to map hacks. If anyone in the game had a map hack and you didn't you would be dropped. But thats just a rumor. But, yes, I experienced that a lot. But last time I was on playing SC for a couple days I didn't get dropped. So who knows.

L

Laharl

It's all just a huge inconvenience. They're rewarding hackers and punishing nonhackers!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I know that they (Blizzard) took away the dl'ing counter last patch 1.14 or was it 1.13. Either way, yeah, that sucks.

I heard the dropping was due to map hacks. If anyone in the game had a map hack and you didn't you would be dropped. But thats just a rumor. But, yes, I experienced that a lot. But last time I was on playing SC for a couple days I didn't get dropped. So who knows.
They took it away this patch. DL counter was still up untill 1.15

If people drop right away in the beginning it is due to the fact that the player(s) cant see other player(s) in the slots. That one empty slot could be a player and when you start the game people drop. It is due to lag

I can't distribute maps to people when I host games. Is this part of the 1.15 patch problem?
you could never host nub. Unelss your on a different computer if i recall corectly

L

Laharl

I DO know that most of the problems didn't exist until now. Which says SOMETHING.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i haven't noticed anything except i just said. the lag is probably sc2 running a muck on battle.net

L

Laharl

They were around before Sc2 was officially announced. And I doubt it has to do with that...

PauseBreak

Reaction score
They took it away this patch. DL counter was still up untill 1.15

If people drop right away in the beginning it is due to the fact that the player(s) cant see other player(s) in the slots. That one empty slot could be a player and when you start the game people drop. It is due to lag

you could never host nub. Unelss your on a different computer if i recall corectly
You have knowledge comparable to ancient scholars.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
thing i funny about this patch is that there are more useful plug ins rather then hacks

o yea, idk if map hack causes dropping or not. but it does make you end with a loss due to warden. new map hacks also have DL status since the perivous patch and since this one hides dl status, many people will use it.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
thing i funny about this patch is that there are more useful plug ins rather then hacks

o yea, idk if map hack causes dropping or not. but it does make you end with a loss due to warden. new map hacks also have DL status since the perivous patch and since this one hides dl status, many people will use it.
What kind of plug-in's are there? I'm out of the general loop when it comes to 3rd party programs. And Wing, do you know why Blizzard made this new patch to take out the DL status? It is a very useful little feature that can save a lot of headaches!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
What kind of plug-in's are there? I'm out of the general loop when it comes to 3rd party programs. And Wing, do you know why Blizzard made this new patch to take out the DL status? It is a very useful little feature that can save a lot of headaches!
It depends what you call useful. from what i recall, FPS display, a very good in game winamp controller, Lobby Alert and a plug in that fixes the problems i hear about this patch

L

Laharl

Which is good, it shows that players are prone to picking up the slack that Blizzard leaves.

But we shouldn't need to fix their problems.