Patch 1.15 - Will it satisfy the community?

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by N_
I said it was joke because that hero was announced in Aprial fools day.
Remember last year, the Pandarean Brewmaster was an April Fools joke! I could tell that the Tinker is real, because why would they spend all that time developing elaborate pictures of it and its spells? They're doing exactly what they did with the Pandarean Brewmaster.
BTW I think nerfing humans is a bad idea; they already are pretty weak. Better get some games in before the patch comes out...

Gl Hf,

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
The fall sever is up anytime now..

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Here, I will go through all of the human balance changes for everyone that is complaining about em.

- Flamestrike damage capped to 5 targets. If more than 5 targets are hit, the damage done to 5 targets normally is split evenly across all available targets.

All AOE spells should be nerfed like this. They have already done it with most of them anyways....

- Mass Teleport cooldown increased to 20 seconds from 15 seconds.

This makes good sense. It was fairly abusable before. ESPECIALLY in FFA.

- Level 1 water elemental damage reduced to 1d5 + 17 from 2d5 + 19, but hit points increased to 525 from 450.

Water elementals were never really balanced. I don't know if this will fix the "archmage + 3 WE's can own anything" army but it is a start.

- Bash % chance to hit increased by 5% across all levels.

No complaints here, it is an underused spell.

- Slow mana cost increased to 50 from 40.

This was DEFINITELY needed. Slow was overpowered ever since the beginning of beta.

- Control Magic mana cost is now calculated based on the target unit's current hit points instead of its maximum hit points. The dynamic mana cost of Control Magic has also been increased to .45 mana per hit point from .3 mana per hit point.

This is a somewhat double edged sword. On one hand, it accurately calculates the current hitpoints. On the other hand it increases the mana-to-hitpoint ratio by .15

- Spell Breaker feedback damage vs. Heroes reduced to 4 per hit from 5 per hit.

Spell Breakers are anti casters. They shouldn't do any extra damage to heros.

- Dragonhawk Rider damage reduced to 1d3 + 17 from 1d3 + 18.

This one seems a little flimsy. I have never seen Dragonhawks actually abused.. =/

- Flying Machine damage vs. air increased to 1d2 + 13 from 1d2 + 11.

Maybe people will start using them now?

- Militia are now level-1 units, instead of level-2 units. This causes them to give less experience when killed.

Very good fix. I didn't even know they were level 2 units until now.

- Scout Towers can be repaired twice as fast as before.

I don't have any problems with this, scout towers suck.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Where do you download that beta patch server?

And have they released it yet?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here, I will go through all of the undead balance changes, that need to be decreased:

- Frost Nova cold effect now lasts 2/3/4 seconds against Heroes. It previously lasted 4/6/8 seconds against Heroes.

It is good and this didn't need to be reduced.

- Animate Dead mana cost reduced to 175 from 250.
Of course, undead needs to get stronger, why not reduce a mana requirement. But what is special- it is not that you can make animate dead with 75 mana less.No, you can make another coil. Why not they need to catch heroes, if they can't this was VERY important change, because this is undead, not other race.

- Death Coil cooldown increased to 6 seconds from 5 seconds

This doesn't matter, additional coil with the extra 75 mana when you're level 6 > cooldown

- The damage a Banshee takes while possessing a unit has been reduced to 225% from 300%

Does this weaken undead?Far not.

- Anti-magic Shell mana cost reduced to 75 from 100
- Anti-magic Shell correctly allows self-targeting now.

You have what to complain from the previous patches but in case you use them..ok I will agree this doesn't make them stronger.

- Devour Magic cooldown reduced to 7 seconds from 8 seconds.
This also doesn't make them weaker. This is a little change just to play on all who are against these changes..it doesn't work for me, though.

- Abomination hit points increased to 1175 from 1080.

They need to make them stronger than knights I know.

- Obsidian Statue hit points reduced to 550 from 700.

You can complain here. But if somebody catches them and you cant save them it doesnt matter if they are 150 hit points less or not.

- Frost Wyrm build time reduced to 65 seconds from 80 seconds.
- Boneyard build time reduced to 70 seconds from 80 seconds.
- Necromancer build time reduced to 24 seconds from 30 seconds.
- Skeletal Longevity now costs 50/75, down from 100/75, and can be researched in 30 seconds, down from 60 seconds.

Thats what im MOST against. Instead of reducing something of wyrms and necros they increase them. This matters, the only counter is quick ownage not like what we do on FFAs- massing as much as possible. This is now the best FFA race, and the only (it was before but now it's even better).And the skeletons, so nice.

- Necromancer Adept and Master training now take 30 and 45 seconds to research, down from 60 and 75 seconds.
- Exhume Corpses now requires Halls of the Dead instead of Black Citadel

Also not bad, the best they could do.The completely made the game for necros all changes are improvements for them and wyrms.I wonder how this happened- Human nerfed 99% and UD improved 99%

The 1% - Level-2 Carrion Beetles are now the same size as Ghouls, instead of the same size as Crypt Fiends. Level-3 Carrion Beetles are now the same size as Crypt Fiends, instead of the same size as Abominations.

I don't know I've never seen UDs complaining about the damage of elementals.

Or maybe you have been owned by Humans on FFA, Aragorn with mass teleport.

You know that Orcs have the best melee, UD maybe the best air, and Humans have the best casters. This shows that necros and other s*** shouldnt be increased and the most powerful part of Humans- casters- including the flame and blizzard- nerfed.
Taruens are this strongest melee, why not spellbreaker the strongest caster.
Also the Dragonhawks who are also nerfed for no reason shows that Blizzard just wondered what to reduce for great fun of Human

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hear Hear DM! Dont post in Black again Or Ill sue you!

So UD and Orc rocks now? Ill change that thought ROFL~!

~unstuck, we can bump it all day long anyways.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
Here, I will go through all of the undead balance changes, that need to be decreased
I didn't say UD was buffed or nerfed, I just said that Human was definitely not overall nerfed. In several cases, blizzard made the right decision. In other cases, it may need changes.

UD was obviously buffed to oblivion. They were only nerfed in one area (towers) and that won't do much anyways. Humans are definitely not useless, I don't know why people think they are.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
UD also has stronger Abom as well...

They are buffed (I mean stronger ;))

And I dont like it :(

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
then made wyrms cheap and faster to build, this is a damn outrage, just like justin pulling off janet's bra!!!

Zerofiles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The Tinkerer been real... sorta. A lot of people got a-hold of a skin spoof some guy on WCcampaigns.com made. it look close to real thing but some glitch with boots or something. It even made its way into a few custom maps before this beta patch
one example is Demise of Brotherhood RP: World of Demise v1.2

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
lol, pan....

Let me help you show them.

120th on the ladder with necro abuse. =)

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
lolol...... in at we got to rank 20 or something. you gotta love westfall ..lolz.

I have meet a lot more necros but i still say they suck. fearies absolutely murdered them... or wurms .. :p.. destroyers...

I did save the game with a lvl 18 dude (which i know from wcr channel) and tried massing necros. we were 2 ud and 1 orc. probability of success.. zero. :p.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by VBadGirl
lolol...... in at we got to rank 20 or something. you gotta love westfall ..lolz.

I have meet a lot more necros but i still say they suck. fearies absolutely murdered them... or wurms .. :p.. destroyers...

I did save the game with a lvl 18 dude (which i know from wcr channel) and tried massing necros. we were 2 ud and 1 orc. probability of success.. zero. :p.
Whats your Account name?
Faerires wont cut it, Fiends > Faerires.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by N_
Whats your Account name?
Faerires wont cut it, Fiends > Faerires.
Yes, that is why necros works so amazingly well. I just can't seem to lose when using them.