P~Renzo's guide to a DT rush!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Renzo's guide to a DT rush!

Lately i've been testing DT rushes against Terran computer players. And i know you may think it's a dumb idea, but Terran tech to gas and a mixture of men rather quickly as a computer (Versing Protoss anyway...), so i think it is somewhat fair, because Terran's Metal > Protoss. And you need gas to get metal.

ANYWHO! I tried this twice and saved the replay twice, the second time was faster. I have written down the build order if anyone wishes to try it out (It's very specific, up until the first DT pops out).

NB: I tried this on LT, it is 128x128 and there are four spots where your 1v1 opponent could be, so could take a bit to find them. And i didn't scout, i went straight to DT's, blind.

---BUILD ORDER---
  1. Buy probes until food is 7/9.
  2. Build another probe while the 7th probe finds a place to build you first pylon.
  3. Probe (9/9 Food).
  4. When the 9th probe pops out, the first pylon should just be finished, so build a gateway.
  5. Get another probe. When this probe pops out, buy and assimilator.
  6. Probe.
  7. Probe. When this probe is done, buy a cybernetics core (12/17 Food).
  8. By this time, the assimilator will be done, so grab three probes that were mining, to now mine gas.
  9. Pylon.
  10. Probe.
  11. Probe.
  12. Probe.
  13. That last probe that is building, wont be ready by the time the cybernetics core is done, so grab a probe that is mining, and build the Citadel of Adun (Time should be 2 minutes 54 seconds at this moment).
  14. Zealot.
  15. Probe (18/25 Food now).
  16. Citadel will be done now, so grab a probe and buy the Templar Archives.
  17. Zealot. Now you have two Zealots, so wall at your ramp.
  18. Pylon.
  19. Probe.
  20. By this time, the Templar Archives will have just been completed, and you will have enough resources to buy two Dark Templars! So do it!
  21. Gateway.
  22. Pylon.
  23. Forge.
  24. Your first DT pops out now. Time for me was 4 minutes and 48 seconds (I don't know whether that's good, but meh).
  25. Probe.[/list=1]

OK, since the first DT has popped out, use it to scout the nearest start location, by the time it is there and found out whether your opponent is, your second DT will have popped out, so select both of them and hotkey them and attack away...

Even though it's a 1v1, i like to keep my production line strong, so even though my opponent had no Missile Turrets and a low-energy ComSat station, i still kept building more buildings and more units, just in case of an unlikely counter-attack.

If you execute the DT rush successfully, your opponent should be dead in about 9 to 10 minutes.

I've attached the replay for your enjoyment and study (If anyone can be bothered). I hope you guys like it!

PS> This was only the second time i have tried a serious DT rush. I think i have the build-order mapped out properly. Any flaws, feel free to post it here.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
:lovedup. ****ING AWSOME BUILD MAN :D. It ownz!! and now to try it :D.

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
Wow...that is ****ing rediculous...good find!

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Particularly against Terran too... lots of Protoss players have photons, obviously Zerg have overlords... but even if the Terran have a comsat that's very limited so send one DT at a time and they're pewped. :D

GJ Renzo.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Only flaw is if if protects his enconmy w/ 2 turrets and 2 bunkers....which good terran players do....

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dt drops seem to work better.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sword Tip
Only flaw is if if protects his enconmy w/ 2 turrets and 2 bunkers....which good terran players do....
2 bunkers? lol...

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Wtf is wrong w/ 2 bunkers? Just drop defense....sessh.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I've also found that, once the first Pylon is built, with the probe that warped it, immediately go and Scout for the opponent, and possibly piss them off while keeping to the build order. This way your DT's know exactly where they are, and what's doing.

Originally posted by Phoenix2003
Dt drops seem to work better.
It takes longer to tech to Templar Archives AND a Robotics Facility. That's quite alot of gas.

But i know it does work.