Status
Not open for further replies.

TossEater911

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Fastest Possible Map Defence

WHAT IS THE BEST DEFENCE AGAINST PROTOSS ON FASTEST POSSSIBLE MAP... I TRIED TO HAVE 3 ROWS OF MISSLE TURRENTS ON THE SIDES AND 3 BUNKERS /1 ROW OF MISSLE TURRENTS.. BUT THEY TAKE THAT OUT WITH COURSAIRS... I NEED HELP!!!!!

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
are you playing against comps? how many?

Try wraiths+ golioths behind turrents. Also get a sci vessel. Anything protoss flying at you should be emp'ed.

TossEater911

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
its not all that hard just work on the early d fence.... the first 3 or 4 rushes are the hard part..
the rest is all down hill....

Kingsirmixalot

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
build 3 bunkers in front of 3 others put some turrnets in front of the first 3 and get some tanks to while the enemy is on the turrents gives your troops time to kill also if u build a nuke solo have a dropship drop 2 guys in enemy base if possible and nuke there azz lol have a few bc go in front though thats in long battle though but in u vs comp just have 2 bunks and a few tanks that will take care of comp rush for a while oh yeah u dumbazz dont fight 7 comps until u can beat 4 then work your way up

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The best defense is the atack, actually.

But if you want a good defense... First of all, in money maps you don't need bunkers for anything. At least I didn't had. I suggest you have like, uh, 6 tanks on both corners of the entrance, making a total of 12, and a bunch of M&Ms, firebats, some ghosts to nuke/lockdown, goliaths, and if you want, wraiths to kill air units.

In money maps I'd say you should build 2 groups of tanks and 4 of goliaths, some science vessels and strike the enemy down, though...

The best defense is the atack.

Scythe

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
The best defense for Fastest Possible Maps with Terran is to block off the entrance to your base with supply depots, backed by bunkers filled with marines/ghosts; this way the enemy has to attack the supply depots before it can attack your units, and your units can fire upon them in the meantime. Also, it helps to have several tanks in siege mode behind the bunkers to speed up the process. Later in the game, when the computer gets air, I usually surround my base with turrets, but if you're only worried about the entrance, just put five or six of them to the sides of your other defenses. :p

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well build supplies in front and bunks in the back with some tanks. have a few turrents and amke a comsat. that wa y u can scan in the base to check for enemy position and know if to attack or not. emp to wipe out the shield since it is on fatest map irrdate a worker in there. that sure would screw them up and how terren comp sometimes makes a refinery and gets....stuck perfect time to attack. have tanks and some gols to hold them in and use ur infintry and u don't want anymore to attack. shouldbe an easy kill

TossEater911

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah thats a good one..... what i do is have 2 bunkers... missle turrets and then a bunch of tanks with a bunch of goliaths over them .. with like 2 ghost redy to lockdown

Ghost_Thrasher

Member!
Reaction score
3 rows of turrets is waste u don't need that many if u want to defend against get goliaths with lockdown or possibly bcs with wraiths. Your units are your best defence. IFu worry about him recalling in your base get science vessl and just emp that arbiter

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
like many of them said block off the entrance with supply depots and put seige tanks and turrets around ur perimeter

build bc/wraiths/science vessals or tank/golith depending what money map ur playing

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeha well i've seen an expert use emp on atrubutor and it saved his ass. he saw the thing comin and emp it. the oppenant had to stop it from going in and wwait until the shield recharged and energy up again. but the terran dude never distoried it for some reason.

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
On fastest possible, terran ownz toss...most ppl don't know it cause terran are the underdogs, and aren't used that much in money maps ... bunkers are useless on fastest possible...they don't do much. The best thing to do, as stated by trongamonga, is to rush them...yes...rush...with terran..against a toss... it doesn't seem right...but marine, medic, siege tank, and vessel is the way to go ... trust me... trapping urself in just makes it worse...it gives ur opponent time to mass up the necessary units to bring down ur defense

The terran race is all about PRESSURE...not turtleing...ALWAYS RUSH...

Also, u don't need to mass up factory or mass up barracks... 6 rax and 2 factory and 2 starports should be ok ...

Oh yeah, make good use of ur opponent's choke point on fastest possible...try to trap them in...

If you're good, the game should be over in less than 20 min and won't result in massing units at the end

And remember, this is FASTEST POSSIBLE, not LT...therefore, lockdown is totally useless and shouldn't even bother being researched, Ghosts don't do crap either and shouldn't be built, and the only air units worth getting on fastest possible are the dropship and the science vessel

i will attach a 1v1 replay, it is me (tiger_shark, Terran top middle) vs killmeifucan (toss, top left)... good expert 1v1 replay ... the other ppl are spectators, even though they build up and fool around

Moof-Ader

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
its pretty ez if u just put up 1 row of missile turrets and then u have 5 siege tanks and 5 bunkers full of 5 rines each.usually thats good.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
The best defense is the atack, actually.
You got that right. Attack before they get a chance to attack you. Better hunt then be hunted.

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
depends what race you are...

if u are zerg, then i think ur should have a quik offensive strike

if terran, who can get good defense quikly, and marines get annihilated, i think in fastest a good defense for terran is the best
then u cant hunt hrhr

~JLeeAZN~

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Simply use the poular supploy dept /bunker with tank and use wraiths to counter air. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.