P~Corsairs

Contract

Member!
Reaction score
Corsairs

I always choose randomn and I play both money-maps and normal maps (a.k.a. "legit amps").

So, I was playing 3v3 ZC Islands.

And out of luck I was protoss....

JUST MASS CORSAIRS

They can stop anything, in the air.

You can try it on Ground Maps to, but make sure your partner(s) have a lot of anti-ground or ground units...etc.

WHAT I MEANT TO SAY:
Corsairs own.
:lucifer

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
They do work well, but even more so agasint slow units such as ol ;).

Contract

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by sword tip
They do work well, but even more so agasint slow units such as ol ;).
Yes, I forgot to mention that.

As a strategy (recommended only with a map hack or only if you have knowledge of where exactly the Overlords are etc...):

take as many as corsairs as you want and send them into where ever the opponent is grouping his(usually) Overlords.

After about 15 second's if the map's maxed....your opponent is dead...if it's not.....He better have a good mineral count.

Corsairs work very nice against Mutalisks...Corsairs are technically the best "ANTI-MUTAS" in the game.....
12 corsairs can kill as many as 24 in a matter of seconds.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Map hacking sucks, I hope you don't use it.

Anyway, corsairs are quite good, yes, and their disruption web can be great to defend themselves from ground units. However, they suck against capital ship.

Contract

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, putting corsairs against battle cruisers is a bad idea....you usually need scouts etc...
but against carriers they are very decent......
:)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
That's only because he has shield. Protoss has a concussive attack, that's what make him damage mutas so nice, and carriers (without shield) so badly...

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Personally, Corsairs are one of my favorate units. Hydralisks are my first, but to stay on topic, yes, fully graded Corsairs own. But be sure if you really want to own, DO NOT upgrade there armor. If you have the strategy guide that comes with the Battlechest, the Corsairs damage drops if it has heavy armor. It also splashes damage. Another thing there good for is stopping Air D.

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, hydra, y dont u play toss more b4 u post, hmm? im not saying just in this thread, but u sound so sure of urself. 2nd, i heard in another of hrdras threads exactly hoe dgood sairs were, and sum1 responded, sairs are support units, so u use them to support others. once u start massing them, them u need to support them, and thats not good enuh. fits like a glove to thins occasion. oh and contract, ill take u on 1v1, you can mass corsairs and ill mass reavers. well ce who wins. every stratedgy has a counter stratedgy or weakness, and ur wekness is that SAIRS CANT FING HIT THE DAMN GROUND!!!

Damouse

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, I'll take that as an error. This one will pass.

Hydralisk591

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Double posting. Don't do it, I did it and I got flamed and warned for that. First off, I've had experience with toss before. Anyways, if you have over 100 Corsairs, which is not recommended, you can kill any air unit. But that many Corsairs is not a good idea. I agree, they are support units. Mix Corsairs with Scouts or Carriers, and you can do heavy damage to the air support your enemy has. I also agree it isn't a good idea sending Corsairs by themselves into the battlefield.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
just curious who would win? 5 corsairs or 5 valks?
i really like corsairs in map setting games like invasion earth RPG i can stop the sukens and turrets from hurting my friends while clean house fighting air troops and drop ships

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
akule valks are quite good,valk > muta so vs a xerg valks are good,vs any other race i dunno

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i say valks vs zerg is good since if the zrg doesn't micro the rockets pakc a punch in big groups. too bad they took out the afterburn.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
too bad valks are sooooo expensive and come too late. They're probably the most expensive BW unit that can be killed with 2 scourge.

Gemini_Bloodian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I find Corsairs work best when one has a allie on 2v2. Have your allie either go aerial offense(Carriers,Devous/Guards, BC's, etc.) or pure anti-ground, while you go anti-air.

When I'm toss with several allies on Zero Clutter, I just build 20-25 probes for mining,and then 3 probes to mine each vesp spot.

Then I I upgrade ever upgrade to max, build 12 gateways, and 24 Stargates surrounded by cannons. Then, I just max build Corsairs to get 75 or so.

Not all in that order, of course.

Gemini_Bloodian

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Corsairs > Valks & Wraiths.
Corsairs > All Zerg air (Except Devs)

I never really use Corsairs against Protoss. Only for their handy Distruption Web ability. Using Corsairs against Carriers/BCs/Devourers is pointless, Carriers start with 4 armor, you'll get rid of their shields, but who cares? There is still 300 HP to get rid of, you'll deal one damage if you have the same Armor/Weapon ups. So only use Corsairs as support units and for their distruption web ability, except for against Zerg air or light Terran air.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i thought that one on one a corsair could kill a devour with no upgrades at all

aphextwin

Reaction score
of course devours will die, u need to mix the devour's with muta and scourage in order for it to be efficient

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok...
corsair > all zerg air except dev/muta
corsair < valks
corsair > wraith
corsair < carrier and bc
corsair = scouts, anyone can win this battle, depends on how good the scout micro is.