P~ Carrier Power

Dragonman V3

Reaction score
Is it just me or can you usually always win with a fleet of carriers with max interceptors?, i usually can.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
In some ways, you are right, and in some ways, you are wrong. Lately, i've found that Carriers DO catch my opponents off-guard, because they just don't expect it in non-money maps (Crooked's favourite strategy :p). In PvT, they are needed in late-game, Carriers own Terran. But they can be easily dispatched by the Protoss and Zerg.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Carriers own Terran? Lol :D

Anyway, maxed Carriers do own if they are 24 and if you are fast enough to cach him off guard. However, they are very easily countered, I'm afraid...

~ Moved to Strategy Forums.

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
Scourges own Carries dude. They are cheaper both in minerals/gas and supply, build faster, and do lots of damage. Scourges are like Infested Terrans of the sky.

Scourges own carriers, BIG time!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Carriers are nice in groups of 24, but they can be easily destroyed. Renzokuken, Terran can really put pain on Carriers, depeneidn how many you have and how good the Terran Player is. A Well placed EMP + Yamatos and cloaked wraths could do the job. Golaiths could also stomp Carriers, assuming you've done a EMP, they have the same range. Just Goliaths can concentrate on one Carrier. While is it unexpected in a money map, a Fleet of Battlecruisers would also be unexpected. And 12 BCS > 12 Carriers. Focus fire BCs, you don't even need Yamato (But It's nice to have regardless) 1-2 Carriers can be pretty good though, but they are easily countered, as TM said.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yep, carriers >> terran late game.
Alura, learn to play the game before you start posting your newb theorycraft, ok? :rolleyes

carriers hit-and-run so it's easy to dodge EMP.(yes, you can dodge EMP)
carriers > BCs since carrs will stay out of range and are faster. Even with yamato(which takes 2 to kill a carrier) won't help BCs unless the carr user is foolish enough to sit there and let you gather that much energy in the first place.
goliaths don't own carriers, either since carrs can abuse terrain and are more mobile than goliaths, too. (even tho gols are more feasible)
Ghosts: HA, unless you're Boxer, good luck. Not sure if I seen HIM go with lockdown to deal with carriers.
I guess wraiths are aight, but once toss gets sairs or even goons, they become useless. They only work if p doesn't scout making them.
The best way terran can beat carriers really is to PREVENT toss from getting them in the first place.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but the chances of getting 24 carriors in a non-money map is a stunt that can only work on a dead man. 24 carriors is basically the owning of all things to SC. Only stopped my mass scourges which is simple enough to obtain

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
only no one makes carrs against zerg for that very reason so that's a blanket statemen. my arguement is vs terran.(unless, of course they HAVE scourge. last time I checked, they didn't)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
question. if you can only make BCs or carriers which one would u perfer?
would u mass Bc to fight carriers or what?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pan, go back to War3, please.
And carrs > BCs.(even with yamato since it's questionable that you'll have enough.) Not that I would fight Bcs head-on. That's just dumb.
Easy stay out of range and fight. Hit-and-run, baby. Even pubbies can manage that.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how many yamato shots does it take to destroy one full upgraded carrier?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
2, even IF it's been EMP. Big "IF".

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
A science vessal is faster then a carrier. You could easily fly past them and Emp them. ;)
Not saying this always works, but yeah. I just said what happened to me in these situations. You can yell at me all you want, because it wasn;t me using the carriers. ;)

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For the record, I wasn't yelling at you. I was merely correcting you. I called what you said theorycraft because it works on paper, but not in practice. Anyone can post that they beat something with EMP, but they're too many factors involved like your opponent was just incompetent. There are VERY(and I mean very) rare occasions where I play pvt and my opponent gets EMP, period let alone against my carriers. So my conclusion to you is that you play incompetents. "IF" I were to get hit by EMP what makes you think I won't retreat my carrs? Then there's the fact I don't bunch them up so it's not like you'll get a whole lot carriers within it's VERY, VERY small blast radius.(3 by 3) You can argue all you want about how EMP owns them, but the fact remains that at competitive levels of BW, carriers are used almost in every pvt despite all of these so called "counters" you list.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Phoenix2003 said:
Pan, go back to War3, please.
And carrs > BCs.(even with yamato since it's questionable that you'll have enough.) Not that I would fight Bcs head-on. That's just dumb.
Easy stay out of range and fight. Hit-and-run, baby. Even pubbies can manage that.
I played SC for 7 years

BC will beat carriers, when someone like me use them.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
No way, Carriers are faster and they have mega range. Carriers will own BCs anyday, and i'm NOT talking 1v1.

And Pan, how the hell are you going to kill a Carrier that's being microed? You'd just be wasting your own time...