Orc Underpowered?

Orc's Need Buff?

• OMG, YES YES YES!

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Orcs are fine...tauren win it every time.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No....orcs are simply overpowered.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
After many games that I have played, I have decided that orc can't compete as well against other teams in Solo. Orc has always been the weakest race since the beginning of ROC, do you think orc is underpowered??

sEPhi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You're talking Teamgames? Then no, Orc isn't underpowered.

It's true that they are underpowered in Solo though.

And Orc havn't always been the weakest race - they were King in 1.02 when Shamans had same damage as Witchdocters.
Tri-Hero with mass Shamans was all you needed back then. :)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, I am talking about solo mainly. Team games they are good, but in solo they can't compete.

This forum needs more life...lol.

sEPhi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Your original post read; I have decided that orc can't compete as well against other teams. , which explais why I thought you meant Teamgames. You adding "in solo" really makes my reply look strange... -_-;;

But yeah, this forum seem kindda dead. :(

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
yep, I did. That is ok though. I changed my post so that newbies won't go crazy and say the same thing you did. :D

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
THANK U O THANK U ARAGORN FOR THIS THREAD NOW LISTEN MORTALS TO MY ORC BASHING!!!!!!!!

first off any race with some caster has an immediate edge agenst
orcs because of the lack of dispel (AND NO SPIRIT WALKER DOESNT COUNT CUZ IT IS THE WORST CASTER EVER, IT ONLY WORKS WITH TAUREN) get air and they cant touch u because a griphon will always beat a berzerker or wyvern or whatnot. bat riders blow becuase they are nothing more than expensive gyros with kaboom i mean cmon! they imo have worst heros because they have no combos (fs + blizz + stormbolt, ud hero nuke, instant army kotg and warden) though i do give them credit for their building wrecking power of demolishers and farseer but that is just about it! anyone can beat an orc "master" in solo because all u need is 4 melee to soak up damage and 5-6 casters and mass air.

and finally,
ORCZ BLOW!!!!!!
ya im talking to u guys that frequently go on this forum.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
firstly noob that sig image is too big

second orcs are awesome at solo

Demolishers: They combined with a farseer can wreck hacoc on any town from any race in the game

Bezerkers: A great aa and if protected can use bezerk quite good and not take too much damage

Windriders:have a piercing attack and a fairly high attack rate so they can beat any air unit in the game.

Raiders: pwn any type of magic and with pilliage you get a ton of resourced from buildings

Grunts: one of the most essential units in the game and with it being a starting unit, an early grunt rush = gg

Shaman: Bloodlust speed and attack Purge destroys summoned units and lightning shield takes out any and all ranged units

Troll Docs: Healing ward no need to stop your attack on the enemys base Stais trap stuns enemy so in a tight spot you can take advantage

Sentry wards: Sentry Wards last 10 minutes! The Witch Doctor comes with this spell initially, so build one and place Sentry Wards around key locations such as Fountains, enemy towns, enemy mines, key traveling points on the map, and your town, in order to spot invisible units. If you're having trouble with Night Elves using Shadowmeld or Blademasters using Wind Walk, the Sentry Ward is the perfect solution.

Tauren: One of the best meat shields in the game...if your mainly going casters get a tauren or two for protection.
and yes the spirit walker sucks ass

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
First off, Sprit Walkers do count because they're an excellent caster. If you aren't a complete moron you wouldn't be getting things like head hunters in solo anyways. Orc can win solo games easy if you get gruntapults vs a night elf. Against other Orcs you built an Altar and a Burrow then you tech like mad to wyverns. Undead and Human are where the problems lay-- they're difficult. An undead with fiends statues and banshees could beat you, banshees ghouls statues, fiends gargs statues, because statues are uber. Best way to beat someone right now with Orc I'd say is abuse the Far Seer wolves and harass with your hero non stop. The wolves tear heros up and if you can bother them long enough to get teched, you should win. Orc is the best race when it's teched fully, and that's undisputable.

Edit: Wuturmuva I wana play you some time =)

Fu[k3r

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well orcs are good, right now human and NE are overpowered, really, all you need are some rifles and casters and you won + double AoE wil tear up anyones stuff and even if you move them theyll take some damage and theyll keep doing it, NE... gay bm abuse. UD and vs Orc is cool, the only problem is if UD get necros or orcs get air early and you have HH, HH plain suck, really... but still you can beat crypts + statues with some tauren and some melee + lust and wards...but true... orcs have no ****ing dispel so that is really gay

sEPhi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How the hell can you say Orc are awesome at solo??

Everyone who actually PLAY on the ladder above lvl 20, know that they dont meassure up to the other races at the moment.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Well, siphon. I have read this thread and determined several things. Orcs are definitely the best race when teched. However, what Sephi says is true. At the higher levels the orc players almost but disappear. Orcs need a bit of tweaking in my opinion. I don't play orcs but I know when something needs buff or nerf. This situation seems to be buff.

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
The orc players almost dissappear up there cause Orc is the hardest race to play-- that's why some suck some don't. If you take those select few high level orcs, they make Orc a formidable matchup for anything. Most of the Night Elves are up there because of cheap Beastmaster and Archer//Hunt crap.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, BM is cheesy. That is why there are a lot of NE/HU players in the higher ladder. The funny thing is that ORC and UD rule the ladder over there. That is mainly because they have insane micro.

sEPhi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
@Siphon

...christ - you think Happy[S.H] sucks at playing Orc?
What about Cherry-Warrior? WCB_SoloOrc? Topspeed.Werra? JangnanNim?

They are all much better than the Orcs you know on Azeroth, and they can hardly compete in any Tours - why do you think there were only 11 Orcs in the most recent MCB Tour in Korea, consisting of 96 players?

Why do you think almost all progamers regard Orc as the weakest race in this patch?

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
are you high man, shit the orcs rock, there the best race for hit and run, how the hell you called them underpowered when the shadow hunter as voodoo magic , trolls batriders own in solo agianest the undead, night elves, and humans, the only weakness of orc is orc.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
really how the **** u people say orcs are underpowered, in roc a little, but in roc once u get tauerns and shaman u win, in tft you need strategy. Freakly the best support hero is shadow hunter, sure he cant fight for shit. But hey u sent in raiders and cast voodoo magic it owns any race.

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
the healage of the shadow hunter is amazing..its like a chain lightning but it heals instead of damages, and the hex is great for stronger units such as knights or abominations

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
damn right, see atless some people dont bitch about the orcs