~ORC Counter to Hunt+Cheezmaster

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
I would normally go gruntapult against NE but the moment you let them get a BM to level three, you might as well throw in the towel.

Hunts rape grunts in numbers of 6-10 because of their glaive, and the thunder hawk (err whatever its called) destroys demolishers in two to three hits. If they get a kotg as second hero, then you are screwed because lvl 1 entangle with a handful of attacks will kill a grunt making you lose 200 gold.

I considered wyverns but then they come in with 1 hippo which can take out 2 of my wyvs.

Would Raider/catapult be a viable stategy? Only problem is that they would bum rush my base with hunts before i get to tier 2 :fwink

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
:O

Just do Far seer rush and with good micro you'll pwn them!

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
by the time the orc gets demos the ne would have already rushed... hunts and glaives + bm > fs + grunts not to mention the orc will be lighter on units since they try to fast tech

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
The key is getting the beastmaster to level 3, if they can do that before orc hits tier 2 your probably not harassing effectivly enough (getting owned by detonate, ect.). As orc, you can almost always tech after 2nd grunt without falling too far behind in units, and good burrow placement can hold off a hunt rush until they get a critical mass of hunts (IDK, say... 7-8). Glaives suck versus burrows, if you bother to repair you will never lose a burrow to glaives. The only time I had trouble with the beastmaster was 1.12, when he was a better tank, and everyone used the stupid unpurgable 1200 hp bear, and the totally overpowered insta-gryphon. Now, quillbeast are very purgable, and the hawks HP isnt as insane as before, and you actually have a chance to take the beastmaster down.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but if you get bear you should get a hawk too. Hawk is air and gruntapult- ground, it will be more effective even if they purge it. You know at lvl 5 hawks can be invisible while moving.