Optimal Diablo 3 Graphic Settings?

snrmeminem

Reaction score
Now I want to know what you guys find the best happy medium is to get optimal performance and looks to your game without having it lag. I know there is a ton of variables that go in to this but, how do you have your Physics, Shadow, and Texture quality set at. Also is there anything else you do to your computer to enhance the performance of Diablo as it does take a lot of memory from my computer so I want to make sure it can run at its best possible frame rate while still having the beautiful graphics Blizzard intended on you seeing. Any input would be great because at the moment I can not seem to find a happy medium that I can enjoy the game at best. Especially now that I have become a level 60 there is a lot more particles and colors flashing around that my comp is having trouble handling. Thanks for you help!

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
I try to answer with something I found online:

Texture Quality: High since it plays such a significant role in Blizzard games and the mini map resolution issue is quite annoying. But low has little impact on visuals for a small bump in performance, especially useful if you’re low on VRAM.

Shadow quality: Medium is a nice compromise between having shadows that aren’t too blurry and still saving a few good frames per second.

Physics Quality: Low makes hardly any difference in solve quality in my testing but actually gains 8 frames per second even with no physics actions occurring on screen. Even if the solver did change it’s unlikely to have any major effect in physics behavior or it would potentially affect game play with objects that are hazardous to enemy mobs.

Cluster density: Low or medium. Leaving cluster density off removes the affected objects entirely but upping the setting to low or medium provides their visual benefit without draining too many frames per second. Medium density will look thicker and less sparse than low.

Low FX : Off in lower difficulties and earlier areas, on later in the game when things start to get hairy and that frame rate boost could be enough to save your hide.

Antialiasing: On, the minimal frame rate dip and very appreciable improvement to visuals are a welcome surprise.
I hope my answer will be useful. :)

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
Since I built a custom computer and a beastly one at that I play at max settings. While it's at max i don't lose any fps so it's still good for me. Hope this answered your question.