Opinion on this?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
"Basically, their gateways (for example) would constantly be charging energy (When in pylon power). When they reached max energy, a unit could be built. So the player would click on the zealot icon and provided they had the cash for the zealot, It would be warped in instantly. This would deplete the gateway's energy and it would then start recharching its energy again (the length it would take to recharge its energy would be relative to what unit was warped in). This way there would be a reverse build thing going on. You get the unit and then pay the unit build time aftewards."

What do you think, plausible for SCII? If it is it would make the protoss far more unique than they already are. So far the warp in thing hasn't really be explained (From what I know, if there is a real explanation, can someone post it), so this is possible. Would require cunning balance fixing so as to make it to cheap since you arn't always building then waiting, instead just instant building at points when you need a unit.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
eh i dont think having 1 unit instant would be useful unless the player had mass the building. it sounds more as an emergency like defending a rush.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking more on the lines of this: if you build a unit when you have the energy, does that mean every unit in the building take the same time to charge up?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
eh?
"the length it would take to recharge its energy would be relative to what unit was warped in"

explain you post :/

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm just super surprised that you can insta build any unit as long as there is full energy. Just pop out a colossus instantly if you felt like it. Sure it has to recharge, but it allows for stocking up on units instead of building first than finding out a minute ago you should have built a different unit.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
eh i dont think having 1 unit instant would be useful unless the player had mass the building. it sounds more as an emergency like defending a rush.
hows that not useful..? protoss can now potentially do rushes like zergs can or terrans can :D

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Well, first to build your units, you'd have to have building requirements in your tech tree. A Gateway couldn't produce a Colossus, for one...and a Robotics Facility probably needs a secondary building. You couldn't pop out a Colossus early-game, you'd have to wait for A) the buildings to be built and B) the Robotics Facility to build enough charge...

It's a very interesting concept, which I like a lot.

Massing buildings would be amazing for this...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, first to build your units, you'd have to have building requirements in your tech tree. A Gateway couldn't produce a Colossus, for one...and a Robotics Facility probably needs a secondary building. You couldn't pop out a Colossus early-game, you'd have to wait for A) the buildings to be built and B) the Robotics Facility to build enough charge...

It's a very interesting concept, which I like a lot.

Massing buildings would be amazing for this...
Yes, I'm sure this is only available to bio-units, not mechanic units (bio units are warped, hence the isntant warp energy crap)

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Well, mechanical units could be pre-assembled from available parts...it'd be like the "energy buildup" being the construction and preparation of various parts, and then the quick slap-together process finishes them.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]It's nice if you randomly feel the need for a unit. However, the old/current method of building them is more efficient for when you actually need them (in bigger amounts as well).[/glow]

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I had a great arguement but halfway through I realized how stupid I am.

It makes sense, and adds a new dynamic to the idea of macro and building units. Also explains the possibilities of warp in more effectively. I think I like.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The Protoss warped their armies from Auir. Auir is gone now. Where they warping from? ;)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
The Protoss warped their armies from Auir. Auir is gone now. Where they warping from? ;)
I guess their new home, Shakuras (sp?)

edit

oh my ****ing god bret

its AIUR NOT AUIR!!!

MY LIFE FOR AIUR

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
hows that not useful..? protoss can now potentially do rushes like zergs can or terrans can :D
i geuss but it sounds like a waste in a early game but i dont play toss so i dont know much about them