Online Dating

Ghetto_Rap_Masta

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by '/Idefy\'
I think its a giant scam put together by rapists' so they can rape whoever and there are very few ppl who actually get hooked up.
Thats exactly what online dating is. You hit the nail on th head there

flashflores2

Premium Member
Reaction score
i totally agree with zenz on the online friends...its all good with me, but trying to date someone you have no f*ing idea about who might be a rapist (ghetto) =P is a messed idea....i almost think the person deserves to be raped a killed if they try to online date for being so stupid

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no one deserves to be raped and killed for trying online dating.. they are obviously really lonely.. that was just harsh..

PS... ur pic sux

Momma

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I met my current boyfriend online. We live in the same town and one day we just found each other in a chat room. I was really hesitant to met him at first and we talked for about 5 mos before we actually did. When he finally talked me inot meeting him, i was so glad. We have been together about a year and really haven't left each other side. Ok you all can go throw up now, but really online dating isn't that bad if you are really cautious and don't make retarded decisions. Using common sense is always good and usually that will make you fairly safe. Oh and getting to know the actual person before you met them too is a good idea.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
You are one of the lucky ones Momma. I doubt this happens very often.

And by the way, would you have met him personally if he lived...lets say...about 100miles + away?

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
The risks will always be there, whether it's online or IRL situations when it comes to things like date rape and serial killers.

It's to my belief that the whole dating game is based on one's judgement of the person you're considering to progress with. It may happen that we say that we'll never meet potential lovers online, but who knows, there's a slim chance that it's possible.

And yes indeed, you're lucky to meet somebody that way Momma, though its risks of doing that are greater.

Then and again, we've seen people in real life relationships who have pretended to be somebody else just to impress the significant other, right?

- Amantis

Momma

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah the whole dating scene in general whether it be real or not is a crap shoot. I probably would have met him if he didn't live near, he was just that cool. I think you said it best Amantis, that it is based on someone's judgement. I don't know maybe it adds an unnessary risk to dating, but it worked for me once so i guess its alright.

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
True story:

My girlfriend's younger sister and one of her friends tried to run away from home to someone they met online on Ohio about 5 months ago. Both were 13 btw if ur curious about their age. They had bought bus passes (don't know how) and were at the bus station waiting on the bus to come in. My gf's mom realized that she wasn't there and called friends/relatives to see if they knew where she was. No one knew, and she then called the police. The police found them at the bus station on the bus while everyone was storing their bags. The person in Ohio that they were gonna stay with turned out to be a 40+ yr old man who's been caught trying to lure kids he meets online to away. I forget what ended up happening to him, but both the girls are not allowed into chat rooms anymore. My gf's mom got me to block chat room on their computer. I had to have blocked like 70 or so online chat website, including Yahoo chat, etc.

That's some really scary stuff. I wish it would have never happened, but it taught both of them a really good lesson.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Online dating is a bad thing and damages society. You can meet some one who is some 400 pound fat ass who is globbering (a real word?) with chips over the keyboard who just wants to do something naughty to you. Your chances of finding a right person is 1000 to 1. Only leperachuns should use the online dating system.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
why do we always associate being fat with this?!?!!?

Momma

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's what i was thinking. Why is it every person that gets online is a ugly troll? Kind of a stereotype don't you think.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeh im actually finding it offensive hahaha because i come on alot.. and i know quite a few ppl on here.. and none of them are fat OR ugly... so hmmmm and not only that.. i meant specifically the pedofile thing... ugly maybe but fat?!?! why fat? i don't undersand..

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Self-esteem maybe?

- Amantis

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i think he was just givin an example...but it is used so much...so stereotypical these days...uglyness and fattness being big issues to alot of guys...ahh well...us girls know whats the right way i think when it comes to body types...although alot of girls are to caught up in their body to realise that its not what counts... but like Amantis said...the self esteem etc...always an issue...and to have to be 'skinny' and fit into the stereotype to feel better about urself is a sad thing!!
back to online dating..i stick to what i have said before...

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Its not only society...its what is advertised towards society...sometimes ppl dont see what else they can think when mags and TV and movies are promoting sex and hot bodies and 'perfect raunchy' relationships...some just dont know wat to think...y blame society when alot of it is wat they are fed and brought up on?:(

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Society made those magazines, those TV shows, they advertised those hot bodies... Society feeds us all this, and when we see some over-sized male/female we go Yukkk!
Of course it's society.

Lilu

is lovin life!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
and ur society is.....hmm....to me...those big companies and producers dont seem like society!! they are bigger...well make themselves to be...for i dont think society influences society...i think society is influenced by something with more power...hehe

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
How about 'blame it on the commercial world'?

It's annoying the way the media portrays 'slim' as beautiful. It almost always lower self-confidence on that part.

- Amantis