Omg Its Here... The Swarm

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

teamliquid said:
고도로 진화한 종족, 생물학 무기: Highly evolved race with organic Weapons
땅을 파고 숨는 버로우(잠복) 능력 - 적을 피해 숨거나 매복 작전에 활용: Have Burrow Abilities to avoid enemies or to attack
빠른 생산 속도 - 엄청난 물량으로 적에게 대적: Can attack with mass units with highly produce speed
뛰어난 적응 늑령: Are much better adapted to live new place

퀸: Queen

오리지널 스타크래프트의 퀸(여왕)과 크게 달라짐: Many has been changed from SC1's queen
강력한 능력 - 하나의 퀸만 생산할 수 있음 (해처리에서 바로 생산): Only ONE queen can be produced
저그 기지 방어를 지휘: Command Zerg Defence Line
진화를 통해 더 많은 능력을 획득: Can learn more abilities through evolving

딥 터널 능력 (굴 파기 능력): Deep Turnel Ability

새로운 저그 유닛: New Zerg Units

커럽터(타락자): Corrupter
공대공 전투 유닛: A2A Unit
목표물을 타락시켜 자신의 동맹군으로 만들어버림: Can infest enemy unit then possess him

인페스터(감염자): Infester
버로우(잠복) 상태에서 이동 가능: Can move under the terrain after burrow
다크 스웜(어둠의 무리), 디지즈(질병), 인페스테이션(감염): Dark Swarm, Disease and Infestation

새 유닛과 오리지널 유닛 New Units & Original Units

로치(바퀴): Roach
빠른 생명력 회복: Highly Regeneration Ability
처치하려면 집중적인 화력 필요: Can be killed with concentrated fire

울트라리스크: Ultralisk
탱크처럼 거대한 유닛: Zerg Tanker
버로우(잠복), 다수의 적을 동시에 공격: Burrow(Wow :eek:), Can attack multiple units

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Re: Omg Its Here The Swarm Is Here

Dude those screens look fking sweet! Nice find bra

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

focus on overloards.. look what they are doing :(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score

damn u beat me to it wing lol

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

damn u beat me to it wing lol
lawl. i bet ur getting more info then me

"Overlord

The overlord fulfils the same role within the swarm. It has the ability to attack. Detection is not an inherent trait; you will upgrade it.

Zergling

Zerglings have lost their controversial wings and appear to have smaller bodies. Their functionality as expendable swarming units and their ability to morph into Banelings remains.

Hydralisk

The hydralisk remains the ideal Zerg shock trooper that is able to attack ground and air with their potent needle spines. Additional abilities cannot be confirmed thus far. There are unconfirmed rumors of a melee attack.

Lurker

Lurkers are visible while burrowed.

Mutalisk

The mutalisk remains a swift Zerg flier that is armed with glave wurms to hit multiple targets. We cannot confirm which Zerg fliers, if any, evolve from the mutalisk although it is likely at least one does.

Baneling

The Baneling is still a suicidal rolling bomb that evolves from a zergling; it is well-suited to destroying clumps of enemy units. Thus far, they function identically to the Banelings seen in the original WWI StarCraft II demonstration trailer."

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score

actually... wrong sir, I kinda stopped caring about games for a while... but the headline of "NEW ZERG UNITS" came up in naver (korean portal website)...

w.t.f.

anyways heres a pic

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

kerrigan is boss now. she can evolve anything she wants

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
3-D is looking good on the Zerg. The corruptor, the lurker and the roach are pretty good looking. However, the Queen (with her long spindy arms), the new defiler and the "guardians" are pretty wierd.

The buildings are fun looking, but far from finished. Can't wait to see a sunken colony in action!

I love the fact that the Queen has been re-worked as a 'one of me in play at a time' unit, but that even though she can fight, her role is a mainly supporting one. She encourages macro with Zerg, which is good, since I feel that Zerg should reward players for macro than other races. Zerg should be about rewarding players for macro so that they can win fights through brute force of economy and numbers than with a lot of battlefield micro.

Also - ROACHES. Yes, the name is a bit 'meh', but I love the unit. I've been hoping for a greater emphasis on melee for the Zerg in StarCraft 2, and this unit alone makes me very happy. Throw in what looks like a melee attack for the Hydralisk and....well, I'm very, very satisfied.

I can't tell you guys how much I love that Lurkers, Roaches,= and Hydralisks are all about the same size. In Broodwar, Lurkers looked and felt like a 'heavy' unit, but now they all look like medium units, which is good, because they look more swarmy than before and it emphasises the 'superior numbers' aspect of the Zerg.

When I see a bunch of those medium units swarming together with some Ultralisks on the sides, they really do look like army ants :].

The idea of overlords needing evolution into overseers is something that makes lot of sense, but I prefered how it was in SCI. I'd rather have them as transports, than having the nydus worm, even if its more spectacular.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
damn you wing you beat me to it. Although I guess it is better you did it because I needed sleep at 12.
Butwhatever, now that my day is over I can finally say it.
Oh man,Oh man,Oh man,Oh man.

Apparently Zerg can infest any building right now, from supply depots to pylons.

Also the unconfirmed mumblings that ultralisks can now burrow, and eve3n one of wings pics looks like an ultralisk is coming out of the ground. Ultralisks looks os sweet

The Nydus worm is beyond ****ing sweet, if not practicaly, just purely aesthetically.

I'm glad the creep is more Undead Blight, than SCI creep. If it was like SCI all we would hear is people complaining about how gay it is.

Just for some interest for us English people:

Q: By how far have SC II been developed? What parts are finalized?

For now, nothing is finalized. As we were developing SC II as well as other games, it took long time. Perfection cannot be negotiated so it's still uncertain how long it'd take.

Q: There's been rumor of much change (so much that people calls it Battle Net2). Please explain.

We can't tell you currently, but we're planning it for great fun. We guarantee Interesting changes.

Q: There was no Kerrigan in the Zerg movie! Is Kerrigan [a/the] Queen? How will Kerrigan appear? Roach looks like 바퀴벌레(korean name for roach). In game called, there was unit nick named 바퀴벌레. Was Zerg unit Roach named because of it?

There's no conection between 2 Roaches. Kerrigan isn't Queen, she's independent unit. She'll appear only in story line

Q: How many Starcraft developers are in SC II? We know there are C&C developers so there have been opinions that SC II is not as great as it should be.

There are at least 12 participants. We have done our best for improving game and to satisfy users in Multiplayers; therefore it should be acknowledged as great work.

Q: How do you balance the game? What is the degree of freedom on web programs you guys are using?

Balancing is diffilcult job, so devs constantly play for balance. But we have excellent intellectuals and are palnning to get feedback from community including this opportunity to talk to media. We're planning for constant patches/balancing. Map maker of Warcraft 2 have joined Starcraft 2. RIght now, it's hard to tell, but it'd be up for use.

Q: What characteristics does new graphic engine embody?

It's not expert of graphics, but cna use various latest graphic tech!

Q: The Zerg Scenario ends with Invasion/ conqust of Protoss and occupying Terran to accomplish that goal. Will there be new Scenario? Would it stick to old storyline(I'm not certain about this translating part)? Queen looks like hero. Does she need Tech tree to produce?

Storyline is still being planned, and not to be discussed in public. Queen is usable from beginning and useful for defence. Additional information will be released.

Q: In WWI, Mothership was epic unit, but now it can be produced in many numbers. Queen is an epic unit, so would mother ship also become another epic unit? SC II have excellent graphics and high potential. What would requirements be?

Game content is still at a developing stage, so it's hard to answer. Queen is more of very able unit than epic unit...Zerg will be weak without defense whether how units use it or not. It's not hero. We want as many people to play SC II, and therefore most PCs would be able to play SC II. It'd need Graphic card + Pixelator 2.0

Q: In what way will SC II be tested? Pros say SC II is similar to SC I. Would SC II focus on that part or will there be something new?

The testing mode for SC II is in discussion. Starcraft have been very popular game so we'd like to continue the SC I characteristics. But still, freshness to game will be added.

Q: Zerg's Infestation + Infested Marine was not widely used in SC I. How will this change in SC II? Do Infested units count as unit supply?

Infestation is an undergoing process, and today we've shown only the developing area. Devs are making sure infestation will be useful SC II...even supply depot can be infested! For now there's only Infested marine, but it could change.

Q: SC I had low Artificial Intelligence. How would single play and finding roads be in SC II? Protoss has unit that can cross terrain while Zerg do not..is there any unit being developed targeting this area? Use Map Settings is popular even now, but people have been changing maps without permission. IS there any way to stop this?

Some devs are working on this part, but it's still in developing stage; not final product. Zerg has nydus warm for now. We acknowelge unauthorized map change violation and are currently in discussion about it.

Q: You've mentioned that it'd take time for development But Activision Blizzard's Bruce of CEO says it'll not be long. Approximately when would it end? If SC II is released, how would you plan on sale of SC II and marketing?

We cannot give date on end of SC II development. It must be perfect. Of course we can have different notion than with Bruce but releasing SC II as quickly as possible will not happen. In addition, we won't trash SC I just. because there's SC II. As long as there's single person playing SC I, it'd still go on.

Q: Today, all three races have been released. Each have strengths. What are developers' opinions on the weaknesses of each?

We don't stay in advantage each race holds. Therefore we do not take adventures to add too many abilities. Each race has its own weaknesses/strengths, and this is for each individual to judge (not us).

Q: Korea has large interest in SC. Would there be any plans to add Korean characteristics?

It is being considered. Koreans love war/strategy games so we're on out effort to make Esports' special qualities..By releasing Zerg in Seoul, you can tell how much we value Korean markets.

Q: Would there be any chance for ordinary individuals to play SC II in Korea? Although SC was Esports, there was no observer mode in SC I . Would there be special functions in SC II? Would there be leagues on Battle.net Homepage?

Introducing/showing game via WWI or BlizzCon is very important. Hence, SC II will have that kind of events. ALso, Esports are making effort in various ways and showing potential. NEverthless it'd depend on how players respond. For reference, Warcraft3 is preparing tournament and SC II is being considered. However, leagues or tournaments are not reliable topics to discuss for now.
Oh and some better Res pics :

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Jesus, it looks like Zerg is gonna be a ***** to play against. Ambushes everywhere, **** exploding up in your base to invade, those "revamped defilers" burrowing into your base and infesting your ****...

Not to mention ****loads of enemies at your door, lol.

I'm loving the Zerg.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
From what i've seen/heard though Zerg are fairly weak individually, so the you really do need to swarm a lot.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, one of the gameplay vids shows a dude playing Zerg getting seriously harassed by a few enemy Zealots coming in 3 or 4 at a time...he's just constantly making Zerglings from 2 or 3 hatcheries, and 3 Zealots can mow down 6 or 7 Zerglings lickety split...

I'm just hoping the 200 Control limit gets boosted at least for Zerg, because I don't care how fast they play, getting a swarm off the ground takes time, and this is pretty much the biggest key.

More than anything though, the Zerg look like Blizzard came up with every sneaky RTS tactic possible and gave it spines and claws, lol.

God, those Zerg swarms look literally horrific...I have to say that Blizzard took their sweet time but that it was worth the wait.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah, one of the gameplay vids shows a dude playing Zerg getting seriously harassed by a few enemy Zealots coming in 3 or 4 at a time...he's just constantly making Zerglings from 2 or 3 hatcheries, and 3 Zealots can mow down 6 or 7 Zerglings lickety split..
I'm not sure when, but I think when the Zerg gets Banelings, they are a great anti-zealot unit. It is a shame the Hydra is tier 2, but if the Zerg can get banelings quickly enough, I think the Zealot being a good anti-zergling unit is nullified.

M

MajHavok

OMG! With all three races basically done I wonder if a demo could be on it's way soon...I can dream can't I. :D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
They won't release a demo until the game is packaged and ready to ship. Think about it, you release a demo you are effectively putting out your game into the public domain regardless, models, etc. before launch and while the game is still in development. Not something a company wants to do.