Olympics: what will you be watching?

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I intend to watch some swimming and gymnastics. How about you guys?

- Amantis

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Terrorism attempts.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Gymnastics. These are always the best events. Especially the one where they hop around on the giant pad to music. Some of their shows are pretty.

subesh

Reaction score
I'm going to be watching just about everything and root for my team Canada the whole time :)

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
Basketball. Mainly just to watch USA Basketball lose again.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Gross. USA losing basketball is pathetic. :(

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
FIBA much?
USA Basketball is very overrated and they recently struggled to make shots against Russia (a team that is not considered to be top tier). You could say Russia played great, USA played sloppy but if they play sloppy against a gold-medal contender then USA just might lose.
Also, NBA Basketball is very different from Olympic standards (which is more like the European standard).
3 point lines are closer, handchecking is allowed. These rules help European teams such as Spain which has great perimeter shooters and aggressive defense.

So please get out of your nostalgic mindset that the dream team is back and begin to realize that international teams are capable of beating Team USA like in FIBA.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
FIBA much?
USA Basketball is very overrated and they recently struggled to make shots against Russia (a team that is not considered to be top tier). You could say Russia played great, USA played sloppy but if they play sloppy against a gold-medal contender then USA just might lose.
Also, NBA Basketball is very different from Olympic standards (which is more like the European standard).
3 point lines are closer, handchecking is allowed. These rules help European teams such as Spain which has great perimeter shooters and aggressive defense.

So please get out of your nostalgic mindset that the dream team is back and begin to realize that international teams are capable of beating Team USA like in FIBA.

lol A gold-medal contender, other than the USA? Nonsense.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not, but if not then I think your hopelessly ignorant.
USA is a good team but not unbeatable.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Football. Can't really be bothered to watch anything else.

Would be a bit better if the British were better at sport, but apparently now we're sitting ducks for just about any sport including our beloved football. But oh, we're not in the Olympics for football, which is a relief.*

roflwaffle

Reaction score
I'll be watching swimming. This is because my dad used to swim for the USA Team and because I know one of the swimmers in the olympics.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
basketball. i want china to win. yao ming baby. lol

china is going to be number one this time in the medal tally. and number one in gold too. xp