OK wtf did I do wrong

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Ok.. so the matchup is UD vs ORC on Gnoll Wood.

I go fast gargs, and lock him in his base, then expo and pump fiends. He towers and I get wagons, then eventually own him.

Much more complicated than that though.

But basically what I'm looking for, is I know I could've ended this so much earlier.. what did I do wrong?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
meh from what I know, you should go Destroyers and Fiends against Orcs, Ill see the replay soon tho.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You were lucky that game your opponent was a noob.
first, never build gargs versus orc. you would do better with fiends. they require more micro but arn't owned by berserkers and batriders. One thing I noticed is u did not creep efectively. you could have won ealier if ur hero was a higher level. also I noticed even with gargs u stood around. it is never smart to stay in one place and twiddle your thumbs. keep moving, keep doing something. You could have taken out the foutain in the middle and scored a high level item.
also, meatwagons wasn't the best idea to take on his base. Towers and burrows are medium armor and doesnt take the extra bonus that fortified does. I personaly would have either gone the route of destroyers (magic deals insane damage to medium) or abombs to soak the damage away from fiends then coil the abombs. Also when undead you should always build 2-3 statues.

It was smart to put the expansion up, but when u do that, keep your towers clsoe to your acolytes and build spirit towers, not nerub towers. u can build one nerub tower, but buildlike 4 spirit towers.

[edit]A second hero would have helped also. a solo hero is good to an extent, but the dk is not a good solo hero. he doesn't have the stats. build a lich or a CL second and maybe even build a thied hero[/edit]

Finaly, scouting and micro is your fiend. you should practise on your micro, like not letting your dk take all the damage all at once. he was put into red twice very quickly. If you scout often at mines, you would discover his exp early. you did a good thing about 20 minutes in with the fiends, but u should have had some abombs.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
also, meatwagons wasn't the best idea to take on his base. Towers and burrows are medium armor and doesnt take the extra bonus that fortified does. I personaly would have either gone the route of destroyers (magic deals insane damage to medium) or abombs to soak the damage away from fiends then coil the abombs. Also when undead you should always build 2-3 statues.
erm.. heavy armor not medium armor :p

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Heh.. about the hero thing Pan, he FF on it, so I bought potions and ram him around my units, and the noob still attacked him.

2 I made the wagons to counter his catps.

3 I was going to get aboms but the food limit sucks

But yeah... thnx, never thought about the creeping mid part.. will definitely try to do those things earlier now. Ty.

PS - I'm not a UD, I'm a random

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
I would go ghouls and destroyers but quicky aboms.
Against Orc? Or in general?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Against Orc I would go necrowagon. I watch replays of Pan when training UD ^_^