Ok, lets see if we can do this

avance70

Member!
Reaction score
say, you're given 1000 minerals and 1000 gas.
what is your strongest attack party?

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ehh why not
1 carrier
350 min 250 gas
(i think it's 25 per intercepto,r 8 interceptors so 200 min)

2obs
50 min 150 gas

2 high T
100 min 300 gas

1 goon
125 min 50 gas

1 DT
125 min 100 gas
950 min 850gas

i'll only use carriers if the situation was that all units are fully upgraded already.
okay who's next? surly somebody can beat my little crappy combo

avance70

Member!
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
i'll only use carriers if the situation was that all units are fully upgraded already.
okay who's next? surly somebody can beat my little crappy combo
you just gave me an idea... lets make a game out of this... here are a few rules:
1. units are fully upgraded
2. spellcasters are with full energy (and all magic researched)
3. you need to give a combination of units that would beat ALL mentioned so far (i mean separately).
4. lets say forces start on a opposite corner of the map (a small one say 64x64)

these are just recommendations, you can offer other opinions

nice you put in an observer :)
ok ill try to beat you:
2 queens - 200m 200g
1 overlord - 100m
8 scourges - 100m 300g
2 mutalisk - 200m 200g
2 lurkers - 250m 250g
2 hydralisk - 150m 50g

ok since we start in the opposite corners of the map (hehe i made the rules) my queens are fast and will come before all units and kill your 2 high templars with broodlings (and the queens will be then killed-maybe one survives, but lets say they both die :( ).
then scourges take care of the carrier (even if 3 get killed on the way, which is doubtfull)
mutas can finish the goon and the rest easily

the hydras and lurks are there just there to make it to 1000m 1000g :)

EDIT:
ugh i almost made a mistake...
ok if i see your templars morphing into an archon, i kill the carrier immediately and then move on other units, after the archon morphs, i should be able to kill it with the remaining units... there are queens with ensnare, and the archon is stucked (i can spell it 4 times) :)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
since everybody has full energy i'll hallcinate one of my dt and pray that your queen broods the wrong one and i'll give it with my carrier. if scorges come, i still have 1 ht with full energy so i'll just "wham now i have 2 carriers which one will you kill "

ehh maybe i can get rid of my goon and put in a scout. iono

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Snagg said:
can you mix races?
dont think so.

2 Defiler - 100 min 300 gas (in total)
1 overlord - 100 min
10 Hydralisks - 750 gold 250 gas
2 zerglings - 50 gold

use plague on units and dark swarm on my hydras before battle.

Zerglings are just there for fun, used to take out HT or any other casters I guess (would die probly before lol)

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
MMs fo' sho' (dammit Jenny!)

Seriously, thats what I would probably go for. you can get a nice sized army of just 50 mineral marines and medics.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bloodmatter said:
MMs fo' sho' (dammit Jenny!)

Seriously, thats what I would probably go for. you can get a nice sized army of just 50 mineral marines and medics.

true but 1 of my dt would be having a lot of fun :)

avance70

Member!
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
since everybody has full energy i'll hallcinate one of my dt and pray that your queen broods the wrong one and i'll give it with my carrier. if scorges come, i still have 1 ht with full energy so i'll just "wham now i have 2 carriers which one will you kill "

ehh maybe i can get rid of my goon and put in a scout. iono
darn that wretched hallucination! :)
first i would use the broodlings to kill whatever unit you have less then 2 pieces (like if you hallucinate the ht and car (if you dont hallucinate both, thats bad :) ), id kill the goon and dt (well you wont hallucinate the dt anyway-cause the hallucinations are visible))
ill probably loose the overlord there because of the dt, queens should be ok - theyre fast

so its your combo minus goon and dt
against mine minus overlord and energy for 2 broodlings

i think that wouldnt be so hard
lucky for me, i also have 2 parasites - they kill the hallucinations in one shot... and then send the scourges
after the broodling queen has still enough energy for ensare or parasite.

even mutas are fast i can harass you to see which carrier fires (the hallucination has no interceptors)
though a well placed psistorm against them could undo my plans
but still only 5 scourges need to survive

but if you have any more tricks up your sleeve please do tell :)

N_LeGenD)
yah my scourges kill your overlord, and then youre without detector... 2 lurkers, 2 hydra and 2 mutas would kill your 10 hydras easily (if you keep running, the broodlings would eventually catch you :) )

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
avance70 said:
darn that wretched hallucination! :)
first i would use the broodlings to kill whatever unit you have less then 2 pieces (like if you hallucinate the ht and car (if you dont hallucinate both, thats bad :) ), id kill the goon and dt (well you wont hallucinate the dt anyway-cause the hallucinations are visible))
ill probably loose the overlord there because of the dt, queens should be ok - theyre fast

so its your combo minus goon and dt
against mine minus overlord and energy for 2 broodlings

i think that wouldnt be so hard
lucky for me, i also have 2 parasites - they kill the hallucinations in one shot... and then send the scourges
after the broodling queen has still enough energy for ensare or parasite.

even mutas are fast i can harass you to see which carrier fires (the hallucination has no interceptors)
though a well placed psistorm against them could undo my plans
but still only 5 scourges need to survive

but if you have any more tricks up your sleeve please do tell :)

N_LeGenD)
yah my scourges kill your overlord, and then youre without detector... 2 lurkers, 2 hydra and 2 mutas would kill your 10 hydras easily (if you keep running, the broodlings would eventually catch you :) )
Lurkers are quite useless when my hydras are out of range, no? :)

and if I cast plauge the moment i see yur lurks, that would give me good advantage whenever you come out, and i can use zerglings for consume if I need mana...

seems like good strategy, maybe we should try this out in real game :eek:

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this is what happens when i type aND DONT think about what i am typing

since everybody has full energy i'll hallcinate one of my HT and pray that your queen broods the wrong one and i'll kill it with my carrier. if scorges come, i still have 1 ht with full energy so i'll just "wham now i have 2 carriers which one will you kill "

avance70

Member!
Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
Lurkers are quite useless when my hydras are out of range, no? :)

and if I cast plauge the moment i see yur lurks, that would give me good advantage whenever you come out, and i can use zerglings for consume if I need mana...

seems like good strategy, maybe we should try this out in real game :eek:
yes but you forgot about my queens, i will either trap you with lurkers somehow, or you would wait a slow certain death by broodlings :)

betaalpha5 said:
this is what happens when i type aND DONT think about what i am typing

since everybody has full energy i'll hallcinate one of my HT and pray that your queen broods the wrong one and i'll kill it with my carrier. if scorges come, i still have 1 ht with full energy so i'll just "wham now i have 2 carriers which one will you kill "
hehe

ok, now just to beat you

4 ghosts = 100m 300g
2 science vessels = 200m 450g
7 marines = 350m
2 medics = 100m 50g
1 siege tank = 150m 100g
1 goliath = 100m 50g

ok, i have 4 lockdowns to lockdown your real carrier (and if i hit the right one, i could lock the goon as well)
i have 6 irradiate to kill the high templars

the m&m will take care of the rest
goliath will have fun
siege will be useless :)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well i still have a DT, i'll send it to ghost hunting and just be careful of the SV

avance70

Member!
Reaction score
betaalpha5 said:
well i still have a DT, i'll send it to ghost hunting and just be careful of the SV
well ill irradiate the dt as well :)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i said be careful of the SV> i'll hide it behind a tree or something lol. besides i still have 2 obs so i could keep a look out

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
2tanks
10marins
5 medics
2 valkyries
2scv

then build bunkers

Reaction score
uhhhh....lessee...this is prbly the WORST team when it comes to fight but its fun and id do it anyway
10 ghost (250/750)
1 science vessel (100/225)
11 marine (550/0)

cloak the ghosts, use rines to attack units while the ghosts attack form behind and hidden science vessel can just do whatever...and uh...lockdown stuff with ghosts

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
azn i see no detection so my DTs are gonna have fun again hahaha

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not to be picky, but this really isn't strategy in any way shape or form. Unless you specified a race and described a situation perfectly, it wouldn't be, and even then, it still wouldn't help anyone much at all.