Ok, I need help (Dota)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Drow and Viper kill easier and have easier ways of escaping than Sniper. Sniper can die from being chased head on. Drow and Viper both have slows. Viper can kill extremely fast and Drow can do so pretty well also and/or silence. Viper can also last hit/deny extremely easily and also has the best missile harrass in the game. You can also incorporate early stat builds into both heroes giving them a whole lot more survivability than Sniper.

if you go all passives on sniper, and sniper can do some easy killings too.. but three heroes are equally vulnerable when it comes to getting ganked when you're soloing mid (I rarely see drow/viper/sniper laning in top or bottom unless the team has a better soloer..)

and yea.. those heroes arent too friendly for newbs, cuz they're all very easy to kill if you don't know how to play the game. but hey if you want to just learn last hits or easy harasses, then they might be good choices

and if you don't knowhow to orb walk with drow/viper... you'd probly get alot of bitching (but then again.. you gotta know how to do that anwyays for every range chars)

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I think razor is one agi range hero that is noob friendly. But I rather suggest passive str heroes like leoric for total newbies at least they can help on team battle eve just by being a tank and stunning randomly.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Razor is pretty easy. An experience player using a heavy nuker or hero killer will likely trash Razor though unless Razor farms up and if he's against a rough early game like that he won't get much of a chance to farm at all. Though his regen aura and faster rune speed with it is handy.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
your correct about the regen and good movement speed. also

razor is the kind of hero that whenever he can get items he can always help your team. i think noobs will have lesser problem with that since razor is a good farmer. razor also got chain lighting which noob can easily spam while both viper/dro have complex skills selection for a newbie. sniper assassinate may not also be put to good use from a newbie.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Abbadon is also a pretty newb friendly hero. Breaker is too. A lot of the strength heroes in general are. Axe can be tough to use if you don't know the proper build item wise and skill wise, but he's extremely easy if you go for dual vanguard at the start.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
yes axe actually is a better hero for newbie specially if you just go with multiple vanguard.

heres what i think the best heroes according to type that fits the noobest of noob.

agi - razor.

str - skeleto king.

int - lich?... you better spam you noob. int heroes are just not for noob imo.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Magnataur is the easiest strength hero to use, I think. It's harder to be good with him, but it's easy to survive and add to a group. You've got a stun which is always good, even though it takes skill to position it right, and he's got insane farming potential. Plus shockwave+stats early on ruins any harassment towards you especially since you get lots of regen from dual BFing. Sven is also easy with Bolt+Stats. Then Troll Warlord for agi with Aura+Stats. Usually any hero that can sneak by with a skill+stats at the start of the game is an excellent beginner hero. As intelligent heroes Zeus is pretty easy, but as far as easiest to survive with (which is the hard part for INT heroes) then probably Darkseer.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Magnataur is the easiest strength hero to use, I think. It's harder to be good with him, but it's easy to survive and add to a group. You've got a stun which is always good, even though it takes skill to position it right, and he's got insane farming potential. Plus shockwave+stats early on ruins any harassment towards you especially since you get lots of regen from dual BFing. Sven is also easy with Bolt+Stats. Then Troll Warlord for agi with Aura+Stats. Usually any hero that can sneak by with a skill+stats at the start of the game is an excellent beginner hero. As intelligent heroes Zeus is pretty easy, but as far as easiest to survive with (which is the hard part for INT heroes) then probably Darkseer.
i disagree about magnataur for newbies. he skills are just too complicated for a newbie, the reverse like you said needs correct positioning to use and the noob may also be hesitant on using shockwave at the right time. and noob don't usually care about their mana and magna requires enough to use its 3 skills effectively.

Sven is good for newbies as long as he knows that he should be charging in a battle and be the tank as well.

i agree about heroes with just a single spell needed and stats for newbies. thats why i think magna will not work for newbies, coz the newbie might just mess up the skill order.

leoric is the best actually, since he have only one active skill and all other are passive.

i forgot about zeus, i think he is the best int heroes for noobs as long as he won't turned into a free kill for the enemies.

maxwellr

Reaction score
First thing to know not to be noob about dota is , killing hero is not the thing that makes you a good dota player. You should first try to survive in any conditions. If you play carefully and dont let your opponent farm with you, rest of the game at least be more fun becuz noone will be more levels. And one more thing, get away from towers while never trusting to them ;) :D

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Surviving is more important for a newb that killing heroes. But I'd rather be laned with a newb that tries to help me kill a hero instead of sitting back and farming or hugging the towers all game. It's kind of like they aren't even trying in the game.

punchy

Member!
Reaction score
@maxwell.

your obviously right, noob are afraid to kill and hunt in the first place. they are just not sure, so its better to do something else to build up that feel for the game so that when your comfortable already and know how everything works in dota maybe then you can start killing heroes.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
So? It's a waste of a skill point at low levels. They're better spent on more stats or devo/cleave.

punchy

Member!
Reaction score
it does like 300 damage at level 4. It helps you kill enemy heroes early game.

cleave attack will not help early on since you still have low damage to do a significant splash damage on creeps.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
So? It's a waste of a skill point at low levels. They're better spent on more stats or devo/cleave.
Ewwwwwwwww.

The +4 devo can be subbed for +5devo from your Vladmiers, which is youre best bet until later when you can get a satanic anyway, and most games don't even last that long. The cleave is so inconsiquential until you're doing some beast damage that stat/bolt pump is the way to go.

Expecially since 1 bolt can do more than 4 swings of damage in a split second.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Yeah I've sniped plenty of runners with Bolt that woulda lived if it were level one. Devo aura sucks - I get it only when I have to and run out of stats nearing 25. Cleave is only useful when you got the damage to back it up and considering how I build him I usually don't start getting cleave until I'm closing in on 16.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well ive been playing more and i have 3 characters im fairly comofrtible with

Luna: i LOVE her for the sole reason: Her bouncing attack. I put on a helm of the dominator and in late game if i fight someone while they're creeps are around im damn near gaurenteed not to die. then once the leeching kills the creeps i ulti for the kill.

Clinkz: Early game im pro with him, gg gank style, but late game i get my arse handed to me alot, wind walk never seems to go on fast enough >.>

Tinker: As yall said, early-mid game hes a ganking machine

img etting better and retreating and avoiding ganks but it still happens, need to get the hang of Microing. i think i "play it wrong" cause i use my lefthand on the keybaords arrowkeys to move the map, instead of using hotkeys.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief you do not leech from every bounce. If you use Satanic and activate it you will leech every bounce for the duration of satanic's buff, but otherwise I'm pretty positive you don't leech off each bounce.