Official BF Diablo II PvP Tournament: LvL 9 Ironman Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
[glow=darkred]Official Diablo II LoD PvP Tournament[/glow]
[glow=darkred]LvL 9 Ironman Contest[/glow]

Next weekend there will be an official PvP tournament for Diablo II LoD hosted by your D2-Staff. Since we most member play on different realms and some are richer than others we decided to make a special kind of tournament: a LvL 9 Ironman contest. This way EVERYONE has equal chances of winning, even those who don't play D2, hehe.

The tournament will take place on Europe HC Ladder, the fights will start at 18.30 PM Swedish/German/French time (that's 12.30 AM New York and 11.30 AM Calgary), contest ends when we have a winner depending on hpw many people sign up. 6 fighters will create brand NEW chars and join a game with two judges (fighters will receive a PM about the game and password).

The fighters may now decide if they want to form a party with the other fighters or not, then they will all start leveling up to LvL 9. During this time they are not allowed to leave Act 1, only items which are found while leveling may be used for the fights, if you try to bring your own items you will de disqualified. Your inventory will be filled with useless items in order to make sure that you aren't stacking potions.

The battle starts when the last char has reached LvL 9, untill then the other chars are allowed to keep leveling untill LvL 11, not higher.

When everybody is ready the fighters come to town one last time, they are allowed to buy items from NPCs, gamble and trade items with eachother. As soon as they have finished the battle begins outside of Act 1 Town. The last one standing wins, depending on how many people want to join the contest the winner will proceed to the next round, using the character from the first battle.

These are the rules during combat:

-All 6 fighters will spread outside the camp and the judge will start the fight, the last one standing wins
-All vs All, therefor you aren't allowed to form parties in order to win
-You are not allowed to leave the area or enter town, you will also be forced to fill your inv with useless items to make sure you aren't hiding extra potions or charms in your inv (using potions located in your belt is ok though)
-The area will be searched by a judge for illegal potion stashes so don't try anything stupid, all mosters will be killed
-Using shrines it not allowed
-Assasin TigerStrike is not allowed (because of +600% Dmg on LvL 6 - Charge 3)
-Hacking/Cheating is NOT allowed, people who are caught cheating will be disqualified

Prizes:
1st - 100 posts added to postcount, custom color title, D2 items if we have any and the honor
2nd - 50 posts added to postcount, D2 items if we have any and some honor, too
3rd - 25 posts added to postcount and a little bit of honor

Judges (Any mod may judge the contest, just sign up we'll need around 4 judges who KNOW that they will be there, in case nobody wants to I can pull it off on my own, got 6 D2's runnning :)))
-StarFish
-coolmission
-Jason.
-Forged

Fighters (Any member may take part in the tournament just post it here, in case you don't show up to the fight you will be disqualified, we need atleast 6 fighters)

Group 1:
-The_Immortal_King
-coolmission
-fugg
-NSchnarr
-Jason.
-Decide
-DDRaddict

Group 2:
-xXLordSlippyXx
-YaZouR
-ShadowOfDarkness123
-Forged
-oneyedMan
-sword tip
-scouchpaper

*** Group 1 and 2 will fight first (at the same time though in different games), the 2 other groups will follow. ***

Group 3:
-N_LeGeNd
-Jim Morrison
-Jim07
-NooBmania
-tg.rage
-stern_slade
-XxlStryderlxX

Group 4:
-tommy_ti
-Oath
(-Baumhaus12)
(-Bloody-Fish-Bone)

Still 6 spots free, sign up fast if you want to join!

~Play fair, it's just a game :D

UPDATE AGAIN:
Since we are having alot of shit with those times here's the real dea:

Choice 1: (The current choice)

(AM = Morning, PM = Evening)

Saturday Evening 18.30 PM (Swedish Time):
12.30 AM New York, Detroit, Toronto
11.30 AM Chicago, Dallas
10.30 AM Arizona, Denver, Calgary
09.30 AM Los Angeles, Seattle
08.30 AM Alaska
Choice 2: (I could move the contest 1.5 hours if you agree)

Saturday Evening 20.00 PM (Swedish Time):
14.00 AM New York, Detroit, Toronto
13.00 AM Chicago, Dallas
12.00 AM Arizona, Denver, Calgary
11.00 AM Los Angeles, Seattle
10.00 AM Alaska

fugg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i will, lol, ive never played on europe before, but ill do it, itll be interesting

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
whens the date? Ill join if i can...

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i will most definitely join, its on europe correct? or are u doing it on each of the realms? and as its stated, we can use pots in our belt?

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
read the post carefully, thats everything you need to know

add me as a judge and player please thank you

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
Europe HC Ladder, the fights will start at 18.00 Swedish/German/French time (that's 12.30 New York and 11.30 Calgary)

The realm doesn't matter at all since nothing is required to take part (no items, no other chars, no account) ... therefor it will be on Europe.

And yes you are allowed to use potions from your belt, any kind of potion as long as you found it while leveling ;)

@mods: possible to sticky this untill the contest? would make things easier ;D

in case you don't know if you can join or not plz tell me atleast 2 days before the contest if you're in or not, I also got 2 small brothers who are registered here and could fill up empty spaces ;)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm.. so whats the date? march 27 or 28?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
i can either be a judge or a fighter, i would like to be a juddge but im not a mod :(

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by uFOO
i can either be a judge or a fighter, i would like to be a juddge but im not a mod :(
sorry only mods allowed as judges :(

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
edit: mh allowed?
no, but since we can't check if you have it it's up to you ...

admitting that you used mh will = disqualification

judges will use mh though in order to make sure ppl arent't cheating :D

*prays i won't have a hangover*
I will have hangover anyways so w/e :p

Q: Whats ironman?
a contest where you have to run/swin/bike/etc like a crazy mufu ... in this contest it means: fight/gather items/die/survive

Updated the thread :)

@uFOO: if no other mod wants to judge and in case we haven'T got enough you might ba able to help out a bit as a judge ... but mods go first =[

should I sign you up as a fighter? =]

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Was wondering, for the items(if ur goin to give any away)..Wat if we play a diff realm?

-Edit-
Wat IF you Win?

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
irst off you ahve to win
then we need items
and if we have some on the realm you play on you'll get those :D

Ebay.God

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xtreme-host.net
is that 12:30 in the afternoon or midnight.......... if its in the afternoon im in, if its at midnight, im sleeping, :snore.

Status
Not open for further replies.