Offense as terran.

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hey, Last few games I have been able to hold my own as terran with a Good D. I use all the units except BC's, and sometimes not vultures. If its a 3v3, I usually hold a good Defense and let my partners assult. (mass hydras, Goons, or whatever)

I am having trouble with terran offense tho. It just seems like alot of micro to get a mixed terran army up into an enemies base. Tanks are about the only thing I know to take out defenses without wasting tons of units.

I usually use some kinda push, with tanks, scv's bunkers and turrents. But thats kinda slow, and I got my partners sending in wave after wave of [insert single unit here], and wondering why im not attacking.

ITs pretty hard to send wave after wave of tanks cause you gotta siege them. And you gotta guard them against DT's lings and air units.

((Apocolypse))

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is a common problem among Terran players. The solution is simple: Terran offense isn't Zerg or Protoss offense. Terran are not ment to fight that way. But fast attacks are still possible by vulture rushing or later in the game, mass meching. An army of goliaths and vultures and be used just like massing goons or hydra, except with the support of tanks. Sure, bunkers, turrets, and tanks are still a good offense, but it's not the only one. Remember that Terran are a tactical race

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
tanks in offense

Would you say that tanks are supportive in offense?

I rarely move tanks unless Im attacking defenses, such as cannons. My tanks die quickly to lings and dark templar so I always have to watch them.

If you are going against terran, how to take out a mass of tanks with overhead detection?

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well ucould have some gols move in with them. u could just have them attack the air mostly and have sieng tanks take out the ground. it's pretty good but kinda hard to manage. one ver ygood thing to do with terren units is get height for the tanks can destory a lot of units on the ground and can take very little damage. if there are trees or something to give cover put ur gols near them so they cna take out air units wihtout having a lot of damaged taken. having gols andtanks can be good for tanks can destory the ground and the gols and screw up the air. and a few vessels would be good for dectection

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well....tanks are also effective even not in siege mode. when attacking, use tanks for ground, goliaths or wraiths for anti air and maybe throw in some rines and medics. plus don't forget to bring sci vessels along. they have alot of uses other than being a detector.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeha vs zerg irrdate works wonders. if ur fihgitng a zerg gas a few of ur tanks and maybe gols so when the enemy comes if they make it though the gas would atart to kill them and weaken them. so that is 1 thing u can do. best thing use comsat a lot for it can really give very valuble intel and dectection.in the heat of battle no terren player would be caught dead in late games without 1