Odd...Mr. Cook? Joe?

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
So since coming back I've noticed I've lost my indefinite premium user status (since elders have been abolished) as well as my staff access. I don't really have an issue with that as I'm of little help at the moment on that end as it is, but I do, however, have one issue. When I click the 'What's New?' button, one of the threads I've noticed is within the infractions forum, obviously a hidden forum. I can't seem to find a forum jump menu to see if I still have 'hidden' access somewhere, and I also was scrub enough to mark forums read before testing the idea, but I just figured I would let you guys know that you've failed at my access mask somewhere along the lines :p

Ok, /endrant

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
The user groups and access masks are, as always, a mess. I fixed them when I first came back but others had different ideas. However, I've reset your access mask (you only had 1 custom anyways) and put you back in the 'Premium Member' usergroup.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Like I said, I wasn't offended, just wanted to make sure you guys knew that I still had staff access (even though I need a direct link).

By the way, I searched for a thread in Bstaff, I had full access, just didn't show up on the forum listing. Just an FYI.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I wasn't offended, just wanted to make sure you guys knew that I still had staff access (even though I need a direct link).

By the way, I searched for a thread in Bstaff, I had full access, just didn't show up on the forum listing. Just an FYI.

I don't know what happened in the past but permissions were a COMPLETE mess. We have repaired a lot but we don't know about a lot of user issues until we hear about them from users. Thanks for the report

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
So pretty much, there's a ton of users (pretty much everyone who's been staff...which is a lot) that more than likely have access to your private forums. Ouch. Easiest way I'd see to resolve that is to recreate the staff forums, move the respective threads, and then delete the old forums. Sounds like a lot of work, but I suppose that's easier than looking through dozens of user masks.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
the infraction area I cleared out already. But really there isn't anything in the staff area of high sensitivity right now to worry about. I will look at the permissions and who has access here, now that you've mentioned it

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Well, I don't know if I was a secondary user of any particular group or not, I just know that I was a primary member of the typical registered group. Don't know if that helps your search.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I too would like premium member status as well as my permissions set to grant me access to every private forum on this site. I would also like all of my prized infractions reinstated. As a long-time loyal patron of battleforums.com I expect these requested to be handled in an unquestioning and timely manner. Thank you.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Read the thread again, CelBad. It was a pretty good attempt at being witty, but you came up just a little bit short this time, I'm afraid.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
implying that i actually read this thread before i posted in it.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
You've gone down a slippery slope, sir.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
On topic, I have the same sort of problem. One time I forgot to login for a few days and then all my permissions were gone, must be a glitch. Been meaning to bring that up.
Read the thread again, CelBad.
That's rich coming from you

I almost had to stop reading at this point. Being thoughtful before making a decision :umm:, you on the wrong internets bro.
Perhaps you can indulge me with what you think my interests are before you say they are wrong. I'm pretty sure you have 0 idea, but you go right ahead.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Here we go again. The dead horse is 'atta way.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'm not sure how you think i'm trying to be witty here, but i'm 100% serious about wanting my premium member status and infractions back. i'm flexible on the private forum thing though.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
not understanding wit himself, jd, like a child first learning the concept of humor, randomly guesses when others are being witty

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
You guys really make a guy sound welcome. Brings a tear to the eye.

Ok celbad, I'll bite. When was the last time you asked for anything in terms of recognition? This would be where I detected sarcasm. I missed you guys too. ****ers :p

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
i would be more worried about celbads feelings after you so harshly berated him; assuming him to be facetious when he was in fact sincere

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I would seriously doubt he's losing sleep over the ordeal.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
posting this at 3am est just so jd will realize that i am actually losing sleep over this