Status
Not open for further replies.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by Aquiyutiluded
no one still hasn't answered whether or not wave or war stomp is the better choice and given a reasonable arguement...
Wave. Why? Damage. And lots of it. Stomp does much less damage, has a smaller range, and for what? A few seconds of stun? I mean, the MKs clap does much more damage than stomp, and the difference that is slows rather than stuns doesnt really show. Its pure damage that really matters in this game. Take Shockwave.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wave does immense damage when it's leveled up, as Swooper has mentioned, and it ultimately makes for the better choice. Stomp is ok, but quite limited in usage, and is for the most part outclassed by Clap. Sheer damage and slowing makes up for it. Frost Nova beats them all by having high damage and slowing, while keeping the hero safe, with an ignorably mana cost, more than the TC can say about either Stomp or Wave. Making Mana Pots much more needed for the TC.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by havocidal
it depends... ppl enjoy surroundin the tc n stomp can save his ass at times...
If u can get ghouls around the TC and stomp then shockwave....

dead ghouls sucks.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ghouls were never worth it against Orc anyway. Shockwave alone made them useless.

But Stomp/Wave? That would require a high level TC, cuz that is a LOT of mana.

And the MK can handle Clap better than the TC can handle Stomp because the MK is usually backed by Brilliance, which is probably the game's best out of battle aura.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
Originally posted by Pan
If u can get ghouls around the TC and stomp then shockwave....

dead ghouls sucks.

lol... really wave does alot of damage but if u r gonna get surrounded by ghouls... u do need stomp... wave will NOT kill ghouls in 1 hit... n if itx early ghoul rush... u would need stomp for the tc to get away...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Stompy + CL!

Wave is esp. dangerous to Archers. Imagine triple Wave. We'd see an angry me trying to fend them off with my DH. Why! Agh!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I haven't seen that happen anyway. Whoever doesn't realise it doesn't do anything to Dryads..... well, they'll be my next target.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
lol dryads are irritating... especially to the orcs whose units take up alot of shit on food... and are quite slow...but of course raiders win them... :D

even so they can do hit n run on raiders... so if the enemy is massing dryads... whee... just do a raid their tree of ages...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Don't give any more ideas, NE needs to survive! *sniff*

Mass Dryads kinda works, but *bam* Archers arrive and start wondering if speed reduction is doing anything.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Actually a few druids in front would rape your raiders

Im willing to prove it

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that is good but wants the point of keeping ur hero in ur base the whole game and i personally dont think hes a good start off hero

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
what druids are u referring??? if itx talons... the only reasonable spell is cyclone to hinder them... n if itx a RAIDER RUSH... u wouldnt be able to get master training just yet...

but if itx dotc... raiders simply ensnare them... n dotc takes up lots on food...

n in reply to x42bn6... for NE vs Orc matches... if u wanna be safe... make sure u haf hunts in early game...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
That's true. There's only so much running and hitting Archers can do. And on most 4P maps there's only so much space you can run to before landing on enemy territory.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
heh... but now the point abt raider rushing itx not abt hit n run...cuz firstly raiders r fast... if im not wrong... the only NE unit FASTER than a raider is a dryad n kotg... and if they were to be raiding ur tree of life... good luck... your archers wun be able to finish them off in time...

Status
Not open for further replies.