O~ orcs in frozen throne. whatcha think?

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
orcs in frozen throne. whatcha think?

my first game i lost my shirt but then i figured out whats up with all the new stuff that blizzard threw my way.

shadowhunter and farseer = couple of badasses
berzerking trolls = own
batriders = fire is cool

i havnt even fudged with the tauren stuff really but i know the heads rule

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Orc scared the hell outta me when I fought them. It was only once, but it scared me. I was almost ready to scream "IMBALANCED!" but I decided to dismiss that as a simple lack of experience. Spirit Link actually seemed to make a significant difference, which was a nightmare. Keeping the Shadow Hunter down below level 6 wasn't too much of a problem, since I was able to nuke him pretty easily, but I became way paranoid about the Big Bad Voodoo thing or whatever it is.

JBWT3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think the orc are still kick ass... as usual. And i havent really used spirit link much... does it really help??

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What happened, Rage? Been gone for so long!

Anyway, I think Orcs now have a slightly more decent advantage over NE now, though not much has revolutionised the game.

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i kept gettin crushed by ne air. i guess ive been ignoring raiders cuza the new units.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Gah, I just get a buncha Beserked Trolls, some Spirit Links, and a decent high level TC and SH.

TC - Endurance/Stun/Endurance/Stun/Endurance/Revive
SH - Heal/Asp/Heal/Vex/Heal/BBV
About 5 spirit links, and the rest Beserked Trolls. You're pretty much set after that.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You can even go HH now as viable, and Wyvs too. Orcs should have less problems against Air now, and maybe even have an advantage over NE. NE hasn't radically changed via TFT, so you don't need to really worry as much.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Batriders!

BAtriders own air, and they are great for scouting expansions then destroying them. Batriders and berserkers are the greatest parts of the Orc army in TFT no jokes.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I thought Batriders weren't great at attacking air besides striking in kamikaze attacks? I know that HH can be quite decent in emergencies.

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
when i play anything other than team, i go for orc's newest atvantage.... tier 2 air- correct me if im wrong, but theyre the only race with a decent tier 2 air unit... i also like the combonation of spirit walkers and taurens

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hippos are also great. With archers. Though the Orc race seems to own air better than before, where they could struggle..... Now others have to fear strong 'lusted Melee as well as strong 'lusted Air.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
but mountain giants are a pain in the ass... while their archers take you off at the back... that makes spirit link so impt... i played many games using spirit link n found it really advantageous

i ended the game with injured units... almost all with less than half their original hp but hardly dead... kinda cool if u think abt it... coupled with healing wave... i think itx pretty good

but still i love the serpent wards!!! they rule!!!

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mountain giants are nothing- medium armor gets crunched by any melee

do you have a freakin fetish with serpent wards? youve talked about them in like a dozen threads....

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mountain giants dont always get crunched electro when you have fully upgrade mgs and a good ranged units behind them just get some taunts in there and bam most of the nits will die trying to kill the mgs

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well ill still take my 8 taurens and 4 walkers against 6 MG's and a bunch of archers- even with taunt, theyll just get killed faster by my taurens

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well, dont go air with archers and I still have trouble with the mass chims and hippos in FFA. if u do berserk the die like BAMM!

congrats warg, I dont even kno u............

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
bring in berserkers but remember to bring in some batriders n detonate on the chims... considering chims are expensive... the enemy will only have a few of them... so once the chims r out... the hippos should be ez to take out with your berserkers... with or without berserk ability... but remember to use spirit link... it is really useful for keeping units alive though with bad health...

thank god blizzard does not make units fire or move slower when their health is weaker...

FuZi0N

Member!
Reaction score
BATRIDERS would have to be the best orc AA....
although they explode the 900 dmg is nice [ i think thats what they do]..... i dont really spend all my money on them...
but if i throw i few in with beserkers.... they make quick job of
grags and hippos

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dude ur stupid bats arent the best AA, heads are. First, they reduce ANY AIR DAMAGE and they rip em' up with bloodlust and spirit link. gargs will tear them up in 5 seconds, not enough time with a battle to micro every bat in ur army.