O~ orc vs ne. Yuck

CertS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
orc vs ne. Yuck

i dunno all your strats sound cool and all for orc vs ne. but me and 75% of my friend play orc were all pretty good players. but ne just rapes us every time. Any suggestions besides get hh and peircing because orcs units with peircing suck. and a wyv rush works 50% of the time if that. mgs kick my ass every time.
(1v1 strats only please and plz no theory craft about it something you have actually done)

thx

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
orcs with piercing suck??? u r so wrong.. obviously u do not know the orc race very well....

yes... orcs do not have much ranged units... other than HH n wyverns... but their few ranged units deal insane damage... considering itx cost and how early u can get em...

make use of this advantage... n for orcs to use range... u usually need some sort of protection... cuz they die easily... since they have high damage and are away frm damage.. they can do serious damage to the enemy...

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ITS PRETTY EASY ABOUT MGS IF THEY DONT MASS THEM after they taunt u just killng the smallrunits with focus fire especially easy with wyvs

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah dude i mean look at all the units in the game with piercing damage.
fiends have moderate hp and do average of 43dam.
frosties are they best but with slow speed and attk with $$$ its soso.
gargs suck at everything with damage and speed.
gyros with good atk with upgrade but 175 hp is dispicable
rifles good damge and moderate hp
heads with good damage and massing with upgrade and low cost
wind ryders with nice production time soso health and good damage.

look at the facts and they good muy bueno ranged attks.

dont judge a book by its cover next time, the horde has feelings 2 ya know.............

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
damn NE's.........

archers LOW hp ok damge good range
hippo ryderz good hp 340 gold fast attk
dryadz soso hp low attk only good thang is poison

SO HA HERE ARE DA FACTS

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well, Orc vs NE is relatively even for me. Dryads negate most useful things made by Shams/WDs but half the NE units get raped by Grunts and Wyvs, so it's pretty even. 'lusted Raiders work quite well.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
i dun see anyone using dryads in NE anymore... just archers... or with some mountain giants... n bears too... dryads somehow seem obselette though they r the only unit in NE that can slow units...

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by havocidal
orcs with piercing suck??? u r so wrong.. obviously u do not know the orc race very well....

yes... orcs do not have much ranged units... other than HH n wyverns... but their few ranged units deal insane damage... considering itx cost and how early u can get em...

make use of this advantage... n for orcs to use range... u usually need some sort of protection... cuz they die easily... since they have high damage and are away frm damage.. they can do serious damage to the enemy...
Dude if u went mass headhunters in a game and the enemy had hunts in a 1vs1 the hunts would rape ur hh for sure

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only thing is... ive noticed that in 1v1 games people usually lean towards gettin air- so heads could be a perfect solo strategy with a bit of luck

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
With the advancement of air for Orc, and others for other races, well, yeah, but I wouldn't use too many HH. You don't want to be mauled by other things such as melee. Raiders and Wyvs work well together, so do ya really wanna face them with HH?

CertS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok ive tried everything a lot of crap vs ne. all they do is counter me for everything. start out getting grunts and hh mix figure hey ne cant handle the mix and what ya know they cant. rape the rush go to his base 2 well placed aps. not good tech to tier 2 build dual beastery pump out wyvs tech to tier 3 for some bats. on my way to tier 3 he comes at me with mgs and assloads and just enough dryads to dispel encase i had anything to dispel. focus fire my wyvs on ranged well what ya know he can focus fire too considering archers have that elunes grace my wyvs got raped but my grunts came around with some wolves saved the day to kill the archers. now heres where im ****ed he still has the mgs left and these things are tanks i sourround one he gets killed comes back minutes later with another ass load of archers. this time no wyvs to take the fire away i get raped. =( not happy. any ne strat i can beat except the ones involing mgs those are the most retarded unit blizzard has come up with. make it tier 3 that be cool i mean it only does more dmg then a tuaren and has 300 more hp then one.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
alright guys... before deciding what to go first... u must consider the units one by one... both strengths and weakness...

1. Grunt

great tank and decent damage for a tier 1... in fact the best... though highly expensive and slow production... these guys can take alot of damage... unable to attack air

2. Headhunters

fairly high damage... cheap... 2 food only... however low hp and must be protected from damage at ALL times... works even better with beserk ability... can attack air

alright... since we are now referring to early game rushes as such... and debating on whether HH to go first... we will take the fact they r the tiny HH and not the big n strong berserkers... the only problem that lies with grunts is slow production and cannot attack air... since it is early game... there is practically no way your enemy will go air... so a grunt should be able to kill anything it sees in early game... also melee damage is not reduced vs hero armor... that makes grunts good for killing heroes...

as for itx other disadvantage... which is slow production time... i cannot stress any further the importance of getting 5 grunts by night... which is 1 of the hardest thing for an orc player to do... u wouldnt want to rush an enemy with your hero and only a grunt while your enemy has at least 6 ghouls or 4-5 footmen...

then again... we look at the disadvantage of a headhunter... tt dude can't handle melee for nuts... which means... footman...grunts...ghouls own them with ease... even an archer owns them... since archers now have elune's grace... it is like a footman defend without affecting its speed...

so whats the verdict??? u can go HH in team games PROVIDED one of ur ally has meat shield... or lots of melee guys... as for 1v1... HH is a pure suicide in any case... and definitely not for rushing... defending rushes with HH is still possible though not feasible... but you will need to do alot of runnin around... behind your towers and burrows... so grunt is the number 1 choice for an orc... anytime in early game...

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dude if you up againest hurtness make headhunters or grunts. But try to stop him from makeing huntess

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
u can't honestly... ancients can attack now... so i don't see any way of stoppin frm making hunts... u can only make grunts to stop them frm hunt rushing u... n headhunters are owned by huntresses...

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ancients dont attack while making units or researching- so if theyre making hunts then you can attack the AoW- you just have to have more grunts than they have hunts- thats what it comes down to- not an easy task at all, but its what you HAVE to do if thats your plan

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Has anyone played 6v6 or 3v3v3v3 before then? It's hell when we all meet in the middle.....

You can't stop NE from making Hunts. They're relatively cheaper than Grunts/Fiends/Rifles, and plus they have stuff like Dryads and DotTs to defend.

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but with the taurens pulverize, and the hunts have the range but they clump up in a circle some times, u willl destroy 20 hunts with 8-9 tauren.