O~ Orc The masters at seige!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Orc The masters at seige!

Ok, Think very carefuly. O

Orcs have the demolisher. The replacement for the catapult, with a great upgrade (burning oil) that allows it to scorch the ground. Originaly it was available at tier 1 when it was a simple catapult. but now it is so much more.

Raiders are the second seige weapon they have. They are underused, but highly effective. They do seige damage, and are great for hit-and-runs. 7-8 can even take down a town hall in a short period. with 610 hp, fast movement speed, and ensnare, these guys can get in and out by ensnaring enemies. They also have pillage, where by they can recieve gold.

Finaly, the Bat rider. These flying units are amazing seige units and Orc's much needed antiair.
They can self distruct dealing damage of up to 900. Although they cannot actualy attack air, the self distruct is enough I believe.
Buildings that are currently taking damage from Liquid Fire cannot be repaired and have their attack rate reduced by 80%.
They also benefit from troll regeneration.

Post your ideas, Because Orc is truely the ultimate seige race.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yes, I do believe that the Orcs are deadly for that. Orcs were always feared anyway without TFT, maybe that made it worse.

I don't enjoy facing an Orc faction in my base anyway, since Grunts/Raiders instantly benefit from it with Pillage, whether they win or lose anyway. Esp. to NE bases.

JBWT3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yah Pan i definately agree that the orcs siege powers are way underused. With raiders being so fast and having siege damage i dont understand why people include them wiht their armies of casters/grunts/tauren.

I think it is more ideal to utalize their speed and effectiveness against buildings by making a sepereate raider army. Making tactiful strikes only on the enemies base... not on the enemy himself. Its like... Why would you use catapults to take out his army?? You wouldnt, you use catapults to take out his base.

So why should you use raiders against his army??
That is just my take on raiders in general, post any feedback if you disagree or agree.

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ive found that just batriders gets you killed real quick. i use 2/3 wyvs and 1/3 batriders. and ya raiders can be very nice at times. i always build at least a few just incase a hero wants to run away

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I have founf that if u run in with raiders and attack you can take out a major building b 4 he can protect his base. if he tps you run. and that is a good way to was his tp is to attack and run, because u have such fast movement speed you can easily escape.

As for batriders, you can easily comin the back of the enemeys base and his his mine (UD or Ne) or town hall. and when they attack or tp you run. hit and runs are far more effective.

They definately should never be in ur army, unless you are facing mass air which ensnare and unstable concotion can help out alot.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
raiders can do mad siege damage yo. From 25 - 65 i think

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The only used Siege power I see often is the Raider. A whole army of 'lusted Raiders can cause major havoc since they're really damn fast and strong. Aim in some Healing Wards and you're in for a real massacre. A few can easily take out a ToL themselves and Pillage all that back. You then are free with plenty of gold should they be knocked out, which can be rare with Healing Wards to build a real siege party. However, mine always consists of Raiders and Shams.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
heh... but 1 thing u guys never considered abt TFT is that teching is hell of a time... try it if u dun believe... everyone now does tier 1 rushin n the only way for orcs to prevent it is pump grunts in early game since towers r so badly nerfed now... without the fortified armor...

anyway everyone says batriders are so good... lol i never use them... except for the liquid fire ability... detonating can be a major pain ass in late games where ur enemy masses air... u gonna haf hell of a time detonating 1 by 1... cuz remember they haf to FLY towards it... if u r slowed/cripple whatever ur batriders are good as dead

i think u guys are focusing too much on the orc advantages for FT... itx time to focus on its disadvantages as well... and also batriders are siege but they are pathetic at attacking buildings... only liquid fire is useful for killing black citadels n towers... itx damage is 11 at start n 16 after upgraded??? so what is that for??? ur enemy goes archers or any similar anti air unit... or crypt fiends... n ur batriders can kiss their asses goodbye...

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I kno I use raiders all the time and I end up killing a few major buildings. and demolishers are plainly SiCk!~

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
yea... the problem is if u are able to tech while defending rushes? what if i grunt rush u??? u r as good as dead...

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok havocidal, heres the thing- batriders are NOT meant to be massed as far as i'm concerned- they are meant as a support unit, just like most other siege units, and their purpose is to flame the towers and buildings that are making units so that they can't do anything while you assault- its almost like an orcish freezing breath on a much cheaper unit

And pan, i couldnt agree more about orc being the best siege race- one example is the demolisher- look at damage compared to the other races.... fully upgraded, the demolisher's minimum damage is almost as high as a glaive thrower's maximum damage.... last time i checked, that was good...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I absolutly positivy love the batrider. Truely, I do lots of hit and runs. usually they build air to counter, so i just unstable concoction.

Batriders cost a mere 100 gold and 40 wood. They are so cheap you can get like 7 to harass a base. and for expansions, if a human player is building and u attack it will stop building.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
u dun need that many batriders... just abt 4 to 5 should be all u need... and orcs are one of the most easily rushed race now that towers r nerfed... it wouldn't help much...

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Damn I pressed enter too soon sorry,
well when i go agianst a NE I get 2 barraks, lumber mill, FS and upgrade to stronghold. you need 2 mabye 3 demolishers and 6-7 grunts with feral spirit. while the grunts are fighting with the enemy (which will probably have huntresses) the demolishers with 1 upgrade do massive damge against them. and the grunts rape the archers. And feral spirit and the CL really gets them. The demolishers will also take out the AoW before it can start pumping out guys.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
since archers range are not very long in early game and now that archers damage have been nerfed... u can get grunts to injure some archers... n archers are owned real bad by melee... not to mention by grunts

if your enemy is smart n manages to run and goes to heal at moon wells... u should try to get your 2nd hero soon... and prefably the tauren chieften... get your voodoo lounge quick too...n get potions of mana...

why u still got to beware of warden's fans of knives... it can injure grunts quite badly if used right...

but frm what i see... most NE players are noobs... they play NE cuz many ppl r doing so... which is the most stupid reason... every race have their diff ways of playing

NE is the hit n run race... orcs are the magic n brute strength race... undead is the insane microing race... n humans.. are all abt heroes... with the help of casters

but if you are planning to rush a NE base... be sure not to wander into the base since their ancients can do some decent damage... and far seer aint a good idea as a first hero for rushing... forget abt ferrals since wisps can easily own them... shockwave should be quite fun... as well as bm's critical strike...

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
um actually ferals are good because the there waisting on wisps on two summoned units and theyll have to spend more gold to harvest lumber it isnt stupid its smart

EarthSiege

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
electro tu hables espanol? warcraft es muy estupendo y grande aqui en los estados unidos. !WARCRAFT ES MUY, MUY BUENO!