Nukes?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Sometimes, but not that often. I like nukes so i try to use them as often as i can :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
They rock :)

If u are able to use them well in the battlefield (not only against bases), they can get very good.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
PLZ, They do massive damage in a short time period. Drop em in the enemys base nuke the miners, or nuke the main attack force. theres limitless options.

Alkaiser

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
owned...gg Raccoon....and Zan...we play real maps..not ones that are mass+attack n00b maps

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
well i try to stay away from building them but when push comes to shove i buid them

TaZeR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
EMP + Nuke can be very effective vs protoss. It'll destroy any building in one nuke.

Sage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
groups.msn.com
Nukes can be very threatening if used during allied match-ups. lol, You just never know who its gonna land on.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Nukes are so easy to counter tho. If you rplaying against someone good, you cant ever fully get a nuke off.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, you can. Its called distraction. I like sending in more than one ghost, though. Usually works.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How many of you tried launching more than one nuke at the same time? Out of curiousity.

K

KurtSnapper

nuke is supportive. that means you can' win a game with nuke. to kill battle units is the best way to use it. for exemple, you might keep only one missile, when your sub bases are under attack by massive enemy forces, and it's determined that you cannot save it, just drop that missile in your base to kill all the enemies, even sacrificing your own people.

SubPoolShark

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, I've seen a very nice use of the nuke in one of my many LT games. If you are playing toss and you can manage to sneak in or drop a ghost in their base, then EMP their nexus and drop nuke on it. Then all you have to do is watch the fireworks. ByeBye workers and nexus. It could be hard to do against a good oponent, but if you can distract them with an attack or another nuke, you could pull it off. If it was a newbie, they would probably leave the moment they see a hole in their base.

HellRazor[UED]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
uedorg.virtualave.net
Nukes are so easy to counter tho. If you rplaying against someone good, you cant ever fully get a nuke off.
Well now, we're just going to have to be better then them won't we? :D

nuke is supportive. that means you can' win a game with nuke. to kill battle units is the best way to use it. for exemple, you might keep only one missile, when your sub bases are under attack by massive enemy forces, and it's determined that you cannot save it, just drop that missile in your base to kill all the enemies, even sacrificing your own people.
But while on most maps, most players are smart enough to pull a major force out of the nuking zone if they catch the red dot (if they are not stupid) A good way to 'hide' the red dots is to aim for anything in the air. I have turned a game countless times while aiming for a mass of BCs (who didn't have sci-vessals near by) -Comsat Helps- and said "Muhahah!! Goodbye depots! No more building!" Or something like that, just anything to make them believe im nuking elsewhere if they DO catch the red dot aiming for air units.

((Apocolypse))

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nukes can be almost unstopable if they are used right. All you have to do is get the sight upgrade for the Ghost. Then, when doing a tank push against an opponent, nuke from the line of tanks and marines. This is almost an unstopable nuke. Also, even if you can just force the enemy to move his units back this can be a great success. It could knock him out of position, or better, if he has slow moving units or moded tanks it can be highly effective. Another good nuking tactic is to nuke not right on the target, but just alittle bit away from it (especially when nuking a blocked entrance or tank line). And like what HellRazor[UED] said, try to hide that little red dot...

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I often use the area of effect on a nuke. My ghost just targets the ground close to defenses/buildings. The player only looks at his buildings and cant find the dot. he still blows up.