Nintendo says memory space is for geeks and otakus

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
As is always the case with Nintendo’s press events nowadays, the dirty word ‘casual’ was raised at its WiiWare preview, only to be dismissed in favor of a distinction between gamers and non-gamers. Playing these semantic games is fine, but when a pertinent question about the limited Wii system memory was raised, Laurent Fischer, managing director of marketing at NOE, easily slipped into talking about how “geeks and otaku†were the only people who would want this issue addressed.

Source: Nintendo's Mixed WiiWare Messages : Next Generation - Interactive Entertainment Today, Video Game and Industry News - Home of Edge Online
Lol i know what not to buy next gen

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Re: Nintendo says memoery space is for geeks and otakus

What's wrong with the space??

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

Nothing, video game consoles need very little memory compared to computers because of a lack of an OS and the multitude of crap running.

Especially running a standard DVD player meaning they have had decades to create quick disk read speeds so we don't really have to worry about memory, something the PS3 fails at for using untested slow bull**** technology.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score

the ps3 doesnt fail it pwns ur just to cheap to buy anything and no pan u cant dl ps3s from torrents

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

its really not a problem for me. I just move the save to my sd card then delete it off the wii. The people who complain are those who download tons of stuff on VC + Wii Ware titles and are to lazy to remove the games. it is annoying to re-download the stuff but a few minutes wouldnt kill you

a lot of people are still butt hurt about space and are bawwwing over this comment

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I havent looked at the virtual console in forever. Alls I ever downloaded was Mario 64 and somethign esle.. Can't rememeber what.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score

the ps3 doesnt fail it pwns ur just to cheap to buy anything and no pan u cant dl ps3s from torrents
Perhaps.

Or if you take into account I already have a 360, which has better games and better graphics, and a wii with fun games, I have already spent 750+$ on consoles(more than a PS3), making any need for a ps3 worthless money burning.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
xbox 360 better graphics? ahaha thats bull**** the only reason they may have atm is because they were ported from 360 to ps3 u clown

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The original XBox had a whopping 64Mb of RAM when the computing standard was 256Mb and arguably not even Halo taxed that. The bottleneck is probably the graphics card then the CPU.*

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
xbox 360 better graphics? ahaha thats bull**** the only reason they may have atm is because they were ported from 360 to ps3 u clown
No, all multi platform games compared side to side, the 360 always looks better.

So i'm going to burn my money on a PS3 with no good exclusive and inferior multiplat games, or a 360 with good exclusives and better multiplatform games?

u clown.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
ps3 is more powerful 360 doesnt even have blue ray and ps3 is getting awesome games coming up the only reason i said at the moment 36- looks better is cus they are developed on xbox first then ported so it looks better on xbox ur the cheap clown pan also some games coming up need to be on 2 discs to fit on the 360 ROFL

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ps3 is more powerful 360 doesnt even have blue ray and ps3 is getting awesome games coming up
All PS3 exclusives are garbage, past and up coming. Even all the games hyped have all gotten ****ty reviews, because they havent been able to make a good game. There is not one PS3 game that is worth that insanely stupid price of the system.

the only reason i said at the moment 36- looks better is cus they are developed on xbox first then ported so it looks better on xbox
Which is why last generation you got the PS2 and not the Xbox, because companies that make multiplat games are developing for the easier system, and with the PS3 being stupidly impossible to code for developers are going to take Years to catch up to make games goof. In the mean time the 360 is easy to develop for and that is a winner.

ur the cheap clown pan also some games coming up need to be on 2 discs to fit on the 360 ROFL
That is like saying I'm to cheap to buy a regular car instead of a SUV because it is more expensive and costs more gas. I'm smart for making an informed decision based on the fact the 360 = cheaper, better looking, faster, better games. You're the clown for defending a system where all the "must buy features" are all around the corner and not actually available yet

irrelevent. The blu-ray drive speeds are outrageously stupid. Having experienced it first hand there is no reason we need a disk with stupidly high disk space if it takes 20 minutes to load the damn thing. The 360 is fast and that is the point of this thread: memory isn't needed when you have 16mb transfer speed on a 8 gig disk.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
360s look like old dell comps ps3s = more powerful and sexier

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
how looks = anything?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
luls at mgs4.

@cheeze: ps3 is this gens 3do...so far...
See the PS3 is pulling a N64. It is going to sell on name only, and have a few good games, but it will not capture past success, and it will lose out to it's rivals.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
u know it has the whole bluray thing going. i'd buy a ps3 just for the bluray capabilities

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i know and crappy xbox r gonna be stuck with 2 disc games maybe even 4