NID HELP>dota allstars5.86b

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
homestar333 said:
Also, i like the Circlet of Nobility's hidden effect. not only does it increase all stats by 2, or add 6 stats, but also adds 2 damage nd as you all know 2+2=4 for an extremely low price.
The green + damage outside your damage is irrelevant when it comes to Attribute bonuses. Circlet adds two to all stats and the two to your base attribute is added to your damage. You don't get 4 damage from a single one, but Circlets really are nice. I usually fill empty slots with them since really +2 to all stats is equivalent to a single stat level which is always nice.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
er, the circlet part i don't really agree... unless you're using them later to get nulls.
175 is not that cheap early on, and 5 circlets would get you a mask of death, nearly a point booster, w/e... i'd rather wait a little bit and go straight for my item...

About lion - unless you're in a clan match, when you trust in your mates, you should go aghanim... IMO. Going straight for guinsoo gives you nothing but intelligence, leaving you totally vulnerable to a simple 2v1, for example. Lion got very low hp...
with the +400 life and + 450 mana given by soul booster, you can spam your spells, gain mana regeneration, life regen, and have the extra hit points edge. AND not saying that FoD will still be a decent spell @ high levels if you have aggy scep..

on the other hand, guinsoo works VERY well in clan matches, where you can disable 3 guys at the same time, not to say that a well placed impale can stun more than it.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Lion has a bad ulti in my opinion. I just use him to support and break channels :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yes, taking Finger of Death, impale, then a Dagon zap. Talk about major hp loss :p

BlueHaze

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hellwolf_36 said:
Lion has a bad ulti in my opinion. I just use him to support and break channels :)
Yeah, you say lion has a bad ult when there are ults like the silencers, its a good ult, I love the silencer, but besided infernals he has no stopping power, and it would be awesome if you could get eye o skaddsie for him or maybe a fizzle, it'd fit him like a glove if not for his silence attack ult.

As for Dota Tips, boots of speed are a must, some heroes as the first item. such as the necrolyte, the extra speed lets you dip in and out to use your Death Pulse. some heroes I dont buy squat right at the start, get something expensive really fast, thats generally for ranged heroes, if your playing the Rooftrellen get MoM asap!

I prefer playing two to a lane, lets one of you continue sapping xp while the other does some shopping (do this gloves go with these boots?)

Ad referendum

ChrisH36

Reaction score
BlueHaze said:
Yeah, you say lion has a bad ult when there are ults like the silencers, its a good ult, I love the silencer, but besided infernals he has no stopping power, and it would be awesome if you could get eye o skaddsie for him or maybe a fizzle, it'd fit him like a glove if not for his silence attack ult.

As for Dota Tips, boots of speed are a must, some heroes as the first item. such as the necrolyte, the extra speed lets you dip in and out to use your Death Pulse. some heroes I dont buy squat right at the start, get something expensive really fast, thats generally for ranged heroes, if your playing the Rooftrellen get MoM asap!

I prefer playing two to a lane, lets one of you continue sapping xp while the other does some shopping (do this gloves go with these boots?)

Ad referendum
The silencer > suiciding goblin techie, thats for sure.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i dont like the silencer... hes of no use in my opinion because of his no good spells EXCEPT for his ultimate, which is annoying if your a mage; and well any hero. i mostly play ranged heroes but in some cases can carry my weight as a melee.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
i dont like the silencer... hes of no use in my opinion because of his no good spells EXCEPT for his ultimate, which is annoying if your a mage; and well any hero. i mostly play ranged heroes but in some cases can carry my weight as a melee.
his ult + heal + summon = gg towers

ChrisH36

Reaction score
his ult + summon = gg suiciding techies.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Silencer is a pain in the ass pusher, and is really annoying against people who need to use their skills to kill him. I've never really had any big problems with the Silencer, mostly since most of the games I play against him in, I play as the Lycan, but I've seen him used as a good tower killer and pusher. Pairing him with Chen is sick, by the way. :(

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
there's no gayer combo then lina-lion or ogre-troll.
Zeus and Rhasta, Zeus and Lich, Medusa(Pre-6.0, with purge) and Chen.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Jenny said:
Zeus and Rhasta, Zeus and Lich, Medusa(Pre-6.0, with purge) and Chen.
hmm, nice gay combos too jenny, but there's a lack of stun on them... =(
the only disabler is rhasta, and if he shackles one of my couple, he'd just stunned...

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Who needs stun when you're being pounded by Arc Light/Bolt/Nova, Nova slowing enough for them to land a few melee hits. It may not kill you, but you will be fountaining alot.

Dusa's CL was pretty stong and along with dual purge the two will also be very damaging. Not even close to two nukers, though. Still very annoying.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Jenny said:
Who needs stun when you're being pounded by Arc Light/Bolt/Nova, Nova slowing enough for them to land a few melee hits. It may not kill you, but you will be fountaining alot.

Dusa's CL was pretty stong and along with dual purge the two will also be very damaging. Not even close to two nukers, though. Still very annoying.
hmm i must agree that early on the zeus-lich will tear apart ogre+troll, but lina lion will just rape em. your combo arc/bolt/nova/chain against voodoo-impale-light array-dragon slave-laguna -finger; will just die, as lich cannot cast chain while stunned.. and if he casts.. well, it was the noob lion's fault, but then just run opposite sides... chain + wrath is omfgwtfbbq. but nothing compared to laguna/finger =)

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Zeus/Lich... one of my all-time hated combos. You can't even gang up on them properly either cuz the bastard Lich hurls a Chain Frost. -_-; And pray if you see them grinning at you across the lane, it usually tends to mean little to no farming for me (What can I say? I'm a melee guy. ^^). Granted, BKB renders them both nearly useless, but getting there is like a slow crawl outta hell.

Let's not forget that fountain trips = no exp. -_-

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
RageWinterchill said:
Zeus/Lich... one of my all-time hated combos. You can't even gang up on them properly either cuz the bastard Lich hurls a Chain Frost. -_-; And pray if you see them grinning at you across the lane, it usually tends to mean little to no farming for me (What can I say? I'm a melee guy. ^^). Granted, BKB renders them both nearly useless, but getting there is like a slow crawl outta hell.

Let's not forget that fountain trips = no exp. -_-
hmmm winterchill... i know you use lycan, so you should have little trouble against them if you just get a RoH... It's worth it's price. and lycan lvl 7 with doggy with some help can take both down =p

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I play careful around them, especially if the Lich is good. I rarely fight this combo anymore, since I avoid mid (it seems to be nuker's lane or something...), but seeing them both played well is a really frightening thing.

I don't normally get RoH with Lycan either. I used to get Battle Fury with him, thus giving me a reason to grab an RoH, but barring huge creep waves, there's little point to him getting one. After he gets a few levels, he's a very good farmer. His speed helps for the last hit farmings too. With a Feral/Stats build, his natural regen tends to be good enough to stave off of minor attacks (a creep smack here, a splash there). My only worry is they get to farm/push easily, so what I usually try to do is beat them down near my tower and hope for the best. :doh

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
heheh
hmm i gave you the suggestion of RoH, but i wouldn't get it either, i never buy regen rings... unless i'm playing PA and go for satanic. healing 150 per critical is so much fun!