NID HELP>dota allstars5.86b

Z

Zyrtec

still a newbie guys can i have some info's and tips about this game? either scourge or sentinels plz thx

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't pick the newb heros= Crystal Maiden, Lich, Zues. Pick a hero that you have to acquire some actual SKILL to own as, you'll get much more respect that way instead of "Nub ass piece of shit!".

azn_dudex

Member!
Reaction score
Traxex the Drow Ranger try her she is an easy start cause u really have 2 spells frost arrow and silence and it she long range which make it easier on nubs

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Go for a hero that has high constitution and good spells, an example is Slardar or Magina.

Auron

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Null Talismans are good for INT based heros early on.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Zyrtec said:
no guys i mean first items for int,agi,str type heroes hehe
Off the bat, you can make 1-2 Null Talismans (depending on whos in the game). I would prefer you get 2. Then make Power Treads, Perserverance (optional), Refresher Orb (Obliv Staff/Perserverance; optional). Then any item of your choice :)

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Generally speaking, you'll want a Ring of Regeneration if you're a STR or melee AGI hero. Item builds all depend on heroes (both who you are and what your enemies are), but most melee heroes work great with a Mask of Madness, save for some (Ursa Warrior, Magina, Broodmother, etc.) Careful farming early game (going for the last hits on creeps) can net you good money, but in the name of all that is holy, BE CAREFUL. Sure, not getting any kills will mean slow money, but dying is going to mean almost no money. So you tell me which is worse.

INT heroes, Null Talismans. 1-2 Nulls should not only help your stats, but your mana and your damage as well. Don't go overboard though, cuz you need to make better items.

Concerning boots, general rule of thumb is AGI heroes get Power Treads, everyone else gets Boots of Travel. Of course, it's not really a rule, it's more of a guideline. ^^

INT heroes tend to work well with Soul Booster, regardless of whether or not they can get Aghanim's. It's costly though, so think about what you're going to get first.

Be realistic with your item goals. Farming for a Soul Booster by level 11-13 is hardly lofty for Zeus. Farming for a Battlefury by level 6 with Mortred is most certainly not gonna happen, barring extreme circumstances. Whatever you do, don't push it. ^^

ChrisH36

Reaction score
To be cheap, you can get Refresher Orb and replenish your ultimates if you need to. But to get that far is a hefty amount of money!

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
RageWinterchill said:
Generally speaking, you'll want a Ring of Regeneration if you're a STR or melee AGI hero. Item builds all depend on heroes (both who you are and what your enemies are), but most melee heroes work great with a Mask of Madness, save for some (Ursa Warrior, Magina, Broodmother, etc.) Careful farming early game (going for the last hits on creeps) can net you good money, but in the name of all that is holy, BE CAREFUL. Sure, not getting any kills will mean slow money, but dying is going to mean almost no money. So you tell me which is worse.

INT heroes, Null Talismans. 1-2 Nulls should not only help your stats, but your mana and your damage as well. Don't go overboard though, cuz you need to make better items.

Concerning boots, general rule of thumb is AGI heroes get Power Treads, everyone else gets Boots of Travel. Of course, it's not really a rule, it's more of a guideline. ^^

INT heroes tend to work well with Soul Booster, regardless of whether or not they can get Aghanim's. It's costly though, so think about what you're going to get first.

Be realistic with your item goals. Farming for a Soul Booster by level 11-13 is hardly lofty for Zeus. Farming for a Battlefury by level 6 with Mortred is most certainly not gonna happen, barring extreme circumstances. Whatever you do, don't push it. ^^
Ring of Regeneration isn't necessary unless you're going to be farming as a melee early on. Assuming you're in a solo lane and/or not getting spammed with nukes. I never get Regen items for health unless I'm going for a item that requires it.

I agree with the Nulls. 1-2 for STR melee so you can cast your stuns/disables more then twice without delay. I always get 3-4 on Intel heroes and replace them as time goes on. The extra armor and mana helps alot and besides with intel you can farm pretty easily.

I've never ever gotten boots of travel on a melee. The extra run speed from treads is really minor. Teleporting isn't too handy for melees either. If anything on a STR and AGI melee you should be getting Boots then a MoM(Abusing it until it gets a nerf) then farm with it to treads.

I usually don't get boosters on Intel heroes unless they can get the Scepter. If they can't get it I usually get a Dagon, Sheep stick, or Refresher Orb, but getting boosters is a wise decision if you're not a very careful player.

Really since most melee heroes are going MoM now a days you really don't need health regen items. The early life leech off mask is more then enough.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
If I go with melee....

1.Boots
2.Perseverance
3.Crystalis (depending on which char, if I already have critical strike, then power tread)
4.Power tread (or monkey bar if I already have power tread)
5.buriza
6.Satanic

or depending on a hero, I would also get basher instead of crystalis.

if Im razor..

1.Perseverance
2.Boots
3.Radiance
4.eye of sakadi or w/e

ChrisH36

Reaction score
If I am a character like Rylai, Lina, or Zeus.

-2 Null Talismans
-Perserverance
-Boots of Travel
-Aghanims Scepter
-Refresher Orb (oblivion staff + recipe + perserverance)

You may not be able to get orb in time. But I did once, it was a LOOONG game.

Z

Zyrtec

thx guys really appreciate ur helps ^_^, how about agi type heros have any advice on first items??

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Replace The Agahanim's with either The Butterfly or Buriza

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Zyrtec said:
thx guys really appreciate ur helps ^_^, how about agi type heros have any advice on first items??
Boots of Speed + Gloves of Haste = Power Treads

That should go first.

Then I usually get Quarterstaff, then Eaglehorn, then Butterfly.

Or if there are a bunch of newbs on the other team, Eye of Skadi (unless you are using Drow Ranger). If you are using Drow Ranger or Bone Fletcher, Crystalis is good for mid-game.

Mask of Madness is always good for Agility heroes. Bone Fletcher + Strafe + Searing Arrows + Crystalis + Mask of Madness during mid-game = severe ownage. For late game, try thinking of what it can do with Butterfly and Power Treads. :)*

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
critical always helps, I always, buy buriza,

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I always go Desolator first. Never get MoM on Drow or Clinkz. They're just too fragile as it is to take extra damage.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
On a melee hero like Slardar or Sven, then have it. One game, I had a Slardar with ~2500 HP! That was with 2 Nulls, Heart of Torrasque, Mask of Madness, Perserverance, and Power Treads.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
On a melee hero like Slardar or Sven, then have it. One game, I had a Slardar with ~2500 HP! That was with 2 Nulls, Heart of Torrasque, Mask of Madness, Perserverance, and Power Treads.
Pity slardor doesnt have str attribute huh? :p