Next Generation Consoles? No!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
All I know is that if they go for Next Gen, I'll have to buy it anyways seeing as the Nintendo Revolution would be my system of choice. Either way I will have a system for Ghost, this gen or next gen. :)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
PS3 will also be more expensive than xbox360, simply beause they are developing with blu-ray discs adding to the costs. If anything, be happy they are coming out in a limited form, its cheaper

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
This will be rediculous. It's expensive enough with food and gas prices so high, I don't think I'll be able to afford one of these next gens and get a fairly respectable library for it like I did back with the 64 and PS1...wonder if I could take out a loan? ^^

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Why is PS3 having blue disk? I've heard a little about them. What are they, and why are they sooo much better??

PLus, I would think Xbo30 would use this new technology.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Blu-ray uses a lazer that is a different wavelength "a blue lazer". a blu-ray disk can hold more information but is more expensive to use/make.

A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25GB, which can be used to record over 2 hours of HDTV or more than 13 hours of standard-definition TV. There are also dual-layer versions of the discs that can hold 50GB.
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/blu-ray3.htm

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I've read about it before, but that was a long time ago. Yeah, holding more is always better. Its amazing what they can do now; too bad its all expensive.
Who the hell would buy a game for 100 bucks a pop? Even I have limits.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Krikkit said:
This will be rediculous. It's expensive enough with food and gas prices so high, I don't think I'll be able to afford one of these next gens and get a fairly respectable library for it like I did back with the 64 and PS1...wonder if I could take out a loan? ^^
If food is getting expensive, go to McDonalds. Also I'm sure you can get a next gen console for free from that site that gives away free Ipods.

Pan said:
Blu-ray uses a lazer that is a different wavelength "a blue lazer". a blu-ray disk can hold more information but is more expensive to use/make.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/blu-ray3.htm
Is it also true that you need a different drive to read those disc and is it faster to read than normal discs?
P.S. - I didn't go to the site.
P.S.S. - After reading through the first page of the site, I'd like to quote something from there:
Blu-ray discs only do the injection-molding process on a single 1.1-mm disc, which reduces cost. That savings balances out the cost of adding the protective layer, so the end price is no more than the price of a regular DVD.
Cappy said:
I've read about it before, but that was a long time ago. Yeah, holding more is always better. Its amazing what they can do now; too bad its all expensive.
Who the hell would buy a game for 100 bucks a pop? Even I have limits.
That's new. Gotta write that down.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
You've been holding something back Lwek? lol

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Lwek said:
Blu-ray discs only do the injection-molding process on a single 1.1-mm disc, which reduces cost. That savings balances out the cost of adding the protective layer, so the end price is no more than the price of a regular DVD.
the prcie matter was in reference to the DVD war, where the High definition- dvds are cheaper to make then Blu-ray DVDs

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is going to be stupid that it's not on Next-Gen. Although when you think about it, are the Xbox's graphics really that bad? Nah.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Xbox graphics are the best there are. PS2 isn't clear at all. Its fuzzy and pretty bad. Game Cube has better graphics than PS2.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Cuz PS2 has the worst hardware. It's funny that it's still better then the gamecube (Who plays it, the games made for it). Although games like Resident Evil 4 might change that for it. (Why oh why did they let it come out on PS2. It could have been the gamecube's Halo).

PauseBreak

Reaction score
It is the next Halo, and Halo wasn't that good.
Maybe if you wanted some good graphics you wouldn't complain about hte system you have and go out and buy yourself Xbox. =\