New Ways to Die

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
This is awesome. Seriously. On So Many Levels. It started with Amazing Spider-man #568.

IF you dropped Spider-man after BND, pick this up, if only for this run. Seriously it's John Romita Jr.

Plot:
No one remembers who Spider-man is, not Norman Osborne, Eddie Brock or Venom(Mac Gargan). Norman Osborne and his Thunderbolts are a government sanctioned team, and their next task is to find and take in Spider-man who is unregistered and suspected of various murders. The Thunderbolts Therefore are assembled to take down spider-man (Songbird, Radioactive man, Venom and Bullseye) being a team made up of Villains. When the Thunderbolts arrive, shit hits the fan for Peter.

Some things that have happened in so far:
Return of Eddie Brock, Introduction of Anti-Venom, A New Scorpion, and the Green goblin.

This has kicked so much ass from the beginning , and every issue since has been outstanding. If you don't read this, you fail at life.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
It's not that good. I mean, it's apparntly the best thing from BND, but that isn't saying much.

I've picked it up and facepalmed / eye rolled at about 4 parts per issue =/

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It's not that good. I mean, it's apparntly the best thing from BND, but that isn't saying much.

I've picked it up and facepalmed / eye rolled at about 4 parts per issue =/
The point being that Spider-man has consistently sucked since mid to late Clone Saga. BND improved the title for the past few months, but this so far has been the best to come out of a spidey comic in a long ass time.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I really want the Iron Spider suit to come back. :( But Anti-Venom is pretty cool. I haven't seen a creative mix of the new Scorpion/Venom mix so... Vepion? I don't know. But what they were doing with Freak was interesting.

It's an alright arc. The best that's come out of BND, sure.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Crikey i'm a late bloomer. Just heard about anti-venom. What is he? Anyone want to quickly explain him?

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Crikey i'm a late bloomer. Just heard about anti-venom. What is he? Anyone want to quickly explain him?
Eddie Brock got cancer and sold the Venom suit. The guy he sold it to was 'rejected' by the suit, and Mac Gargan (Scorpion) got a hold of it and became the new Venom. Meanwhile, Brock's been through all kinds of shit, and eventually found his way into a shelter helping homeless people with "Mr. Li", who also happens to be the BND villain Mr. Negative. Negative has the ability to heal, so when he put his shoulder on Brock, he cured him of his cancer, but also cured him of the leftover Venom cells in his body. Except it didn't cure them, it actually changed them into the anti-venom cells. When Gargan busts in and attacks Brock, the Venom symbiote tries to re-attach itself to Brock, and boom -- Anti Venom was born.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Well, he can apparently fully shape-shift, and when he grabbed Venom he almost completely neutralized and destroyed the symbiote, and when he grabbed Spidey, he sucked a good amount of his powers out temporarily.

It's unknown what his actual power levels or even his powers are at this point, cause he's been in maybe two fights total.