Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i think we should fix those messenger icons once and for all

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I like it.

Except the yellow. It's a terrible color.

And maybe make the "new posts" icon the same color as the yellow or whatever color the scheme is, and the "no new posts" stays the greyish. Makes it easier on the eyes to see which is new and which isn't.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
i think we should fix those messenger icons once and for all
How's that?

I like it.

Except the yellow. It's a terrible color.

And maybe make the "new posts" icon the same color as the yellow or whatever color the scheme is, and the "no new posts" stays the greyish. Makes it easier on the eyes to see which is new and which isn't.
I'm not a designer, but I'll see what I can do :).

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i like it just the aqua bit at the top its just doesnt appeal to my eyes then again i am shallow

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Honestly, the yellow isn't bad but it's a little harsh. I always liked the idea of a navy blue or some derivative...it always seemed so cool and solid.

Something like this that I just whipped up:

Possibly darker even...but blue has always been such a rockin' BF color...I hate to stray so far from our roots, even if we are trying to do a total overhaul. Blue just always fit.

Whatever color the trim is done in, I think the New Posts icon should be quite similar. Mike is right, it's just too vague to me. It's readable, but at a glance all the buttons look alike.

Edit: After seeing the new icons, I suggest changing the yellow to a color much more similar to the new icons. The button graphic I mashed together for this post is far too electric-blue for the new icons, but a color that's cool like they are would be great.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
The "New Post" colors are fine now :up:

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The banner's ugly! Also, I'd like a color scheme to match up with the original BF, if possible. But other than that, it looks pretty cool.