New Screenshot thread

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Like everyone has said so far, you're wrong. But let me be the first to explain why.

Resilience is a PvP stat first and foremost, so it's therefore it's found on gear that lean to PvP-related stats and specs. For example, any warrior PvP gear you find is all dps gear for the arms tree (Since it's the PvP tree - mortal strike).

Protection warriors don't need resilience. They can avoid being crit by capping their defense stat to 490 (Some mobs will crit you regardless of how much defense you have though). Resilience is now useless for a protection warrior.

For melee classes, PvP gear is fine. For a fury warrior for instance, season 3 gear has hit, crit and a ****load of stamina and strength (Which turns into attack power). And that's exactly what you're after. The same goes for rogues (Especially the weapons).

I'm not sure how it is for caster dps, so i wont comment on it (I don't play casters), but for melee, s3 gear is fine.

In the end, resilience ruined PvP.
Allright, I was wrong, it does happen you know? :p

Mind you, we never allowed anyone to raid with full PvP gear, except, yes, melee with their weapons. True I've heard s2 weapons were the best thing there was before t6 instances for some folks. That's stupid, but hey.

Still, what you mean, you got no caster?

And Mike, seriously, it's like the first time I've said something wrong in the forums, I never even said I'm perfect or anything, and so far I thought I had been posting screenshots with some curiosity, like 1337 DPS and ****, and nothing to increase my epeen, but you obviously seem to think otherwise.

Still, I remember the time we posted replays in the StarCraft forums to show how much we own, have we changed that much?

Seriously, lay off me and chill out. Not everyone brags.

--Edit--

I'm such a leet pirate!1

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Still, what you mean, you got no caster?
Elemental Shamans are hardly casters (I press 1 three times then 2 once. Repeat) and i've only just barely touched the resto tree (Respecced a few days ago). What i'm saying is, is that i've never played an actual caster. Like a mage, or a priest. I'm more of a hands on dude (Lol many meanings) so i've been playing melee classes since diablo.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
If your definition of caster is pressing many buttons, you should have gone affliction lock then :p

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
All Shamans have are totem buffs. There's no crowd control, there's nothing you can do to drop aggro without dying. If a mage gets aggro he can always frost nova/dragons breath/blink. They have a plethora of skills to avoid getting their asses kicked, and the party for that matter.

Elemental Shamans are boring. We can't do fancy **** like the real casters. That's one reason why i went resto, so i don't gimp groups (Or groups that are too pussy to run with a class that has no cc) and so it's more fun, more of a challenge.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Oh elemental shamans are great PvE kiters (I dare say, the best). But you're right, we got no CC.

If you really want to know, I play my shaman for two reasons: a) I make other people better with my totems and Leatherworker drums and b) It's a challenge to be good at it, unlike rogue or warlock.

Reaction score
again, with the tard comments.

i swear it's like you don't think before you type and just throw out whatever pops into your head.

i'll let the other people find it though, don't wanna ruin the supprise.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Oh noes, Captain Care is here again!

And it is true, I don't really think before I post here. What, you do?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
But noes coRt, you drop da bomb, you get da flame!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Oh elemental shamans are great PvE kiters (I dare say, the best). But you're right, we got no CC.
How are we the best PvE kiters? Frost shock and EB totem suck. Mages get frost nova, they are now 1000000000 times better at kiting than we are.

If you really want to know, I play my shaman for two reasons: a) I make other people better with my totems and Leatherworker drums and b) It's a challenge to be good at it, unlike rogue or warlock.
It's not hard playing a Shaman. I drop totems then press two buttons. Honestly i think rogue and warlocks are harder to play.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do with the kiting. Try asking a mage to kite a strider in Vashj. No luck.

Frost Shock does 2x threat and hits for quite a lot, meaning it's a great way to hold aggro on something, and also slows them down to 50%. With my spell hit, I pretty much never get resisted. What I do is Frost Shock, Chain Lightning, LB when time spare, then repeat.

That goes for both Striders on Vashj (all our kills, I was kiter), and MH trash kiting.

Mages? Hah, they suck for kiting. Hunters are good, too, of course, but not the best.

And I never said it's hard playing a shaman, I said it's hard being good at it. Try being top DPS on an elemental shaman on low t6. High t6 it is impossible since rogues, destro locks and hunters give no chance thanks to the itemization.

It's not just about pressing one or two buttons y'know? It requires planning.

--Edit--

Wtf is wrong with this thread >>

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do with the kiting. Try asking a mage to kite a strider in Vashj. No luck.
Single target kiting is easy. Spam frost shock.

And I never said it's hard playing a shaman, I said it's hard being good at it.
Pressing 1 and 2 at the right time to avoid lag delay? lol

It's not just about pressing one or two buttons y'know? It requires planning.
It is about pressing two buttons. What's this planning you speak of? Preparing to press 1 three times then moving to 2 on the fourth?

Seriously, shamans are sooooo easy to play.

Reaction score
He just keeps going down and down =D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Single target kiting is easy. Spam frost shock.
What other kiting would you be speaking of? Nobody but a tank can kite multi-targets. And keep in mind, I did say kiting while holding aggro. Believe me, a mage can not do that.

It is about pressing two buttons. What's this planning you speak of? Preparing to press 1 three times then moving to 2 on the fourth?

Seriously, shamans are sooooo easy to play.
No, I was talking about planning the gear and balancing your stats.

Seriously, I really shouldn't have to explain the basics to anyone. You've been in SSC and TK, you should know this game isn't only about clicking one or two buttons and avoiding the fires.

I mean, it'd be like saying that Mr. 'I was top healer on alliance AV' did nothing else other than spamming 1 or 2 buttons.

Really, this game requires gear planning and everything (it's why we play it, if it was just 2 buttons smash nobody'd play it, what everyone wants is loot), and while in low t4 which is what you are at the moment you may think elemental shamans are easy because pretty much all the gear is good since we need low spell hit, and there just isn't much options, wait untill you reach the t6 instances and you have to grab the right items, enchant them well (boar's speed > vitality), socket them well (no, it's not just about spell damage and spell crit, there's a cap on crit and haste is better) and use consumables (Drums, Destruction Pots), in order to try and pair up with the other DPSers, who pretty much don't need anything but to wait for their natural order to drop. That goes mostly for rogues and mages/warlocks. And then they enchant it and gem it with the obvious hit/AP/crit or spell damage/crit/haste. Which, speaking of, I'll have you know I have two sets myself: A spell crit one for mana regeneration when I don't have a spriest, and a haste one for pure damage. This game is not as simple as clicking one or two buttons.

I'm not saying it's hard to play this game, hell, it's not. But it's not as simple as mindless spam.

As for your role as a shaman, you should know you're also supposed to be a buffer. I've used all totems in my spellbook on raids, except two: Flametongue and Sentry (actually I've used the last one but not on a fight :p)

Alas, I can keep going down and down as you guys say, but what'd you guys be without this arrogant Portuguese know-it-all bastard of yours, hmm? <3

You scrubs.

--Edit--

Anyway, I'm off for a couple of days, real life calls. That gives you time to think on answers, because apparently, it requires thinking to post on a gaming forum.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
No, I was talking about planning the gear and balancing your stats.
That's easy, anyone that's raiding SSC/TK and above knows how to do that. Don't play the game if you don't know your class.

All i'm saying is, is that elemental Shamans are a very boring class. It's a 1, 1, 1, 2, repeat fest. Planning has nothing to do with how easy a class is.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
****, Tronga you're dumb. Just give me your account so it can be played right.

Teddy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure i could kite better with my hunter than you could with your p.o.s ele shaman, learn to ****ing play you scrub piece of ****.

Reaction score
Let me know when one of you self righteous ****ing retards(don't start flaming unless I addressed you, trick question) even kills Illidan as a raiding rogue. It's not all ****ing gumdrops and lollipops as you spam sinister strike. You have to maintain your rotation, which in .000000003 seconds can be ruined by a parry, dodge, or dare I say it, a miss, if you fail at hit rating.

Regardless of the low amount of skills you use, keeping everything perfect to max DPS for fights like Brutallus is no meander through the mother****ing park. You're chain chugging haste potions and praying to the almighty that you don't get near the tank after your first vanish, and if you're playing right, you'll get close, really close.

Edit: Christ Almighty, I think I just read something about someone saying res had a use outside of PvP. Lord help us all, and to that person, I must give you this:

Reaction score
Hi, I'm the sun. I know you're afraid of me, but I promise you that I won't hurt you. You may get burned from being in my rays for an extended period of time, as it's been years since I've seen you, but that's ok. I forgive you. You can come out, I promise.

edit; also, when did any of us say anything about mashing 1 button against Illidan? We're just saying how retarded tronga is because he

1; thinks shamans are the best kiters in the game
2; thinks shamans are hard to play (lol)
3; thinks tanks benifit the best from PvP gear in PvE
4; thinks resiliance has any real use outside of PvP
5; thinks PvP gear sucks for DPS/Healing, which is obviously not true seeins how a guild cleared bt with 23 people in full t3/other pvp gear with minor pve items (trinkets, back, weapons/ranged slot), the other 2 were in full tanking gear (PVE)

Did he say that a shaman takes more talent to play than a rogue or lock? Yeah. But he's said a lot worse stuff.

Also, being in BT/clearing BT doesn't mean you're good. I'm really annoyed by people that think this way. It's just a matter of the timesink it requires to get there and to stay with the same group of people. Eventually, if everyone raided and everyone got gear and got to BT, most of them would be able to beat it. WoW hardly has any skillcheck as opposed to gearcheck.