New Screenshot thread

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Previous Screenshot Thread:
http://www.battleforums.com/forums/world-warcraft/119647-wow-screenshot-thread-v-revival-53.html

----------------------------------------------------------
Since the other one's bigger than Azeroth, and I can't post there >>

I can see mine is last post, but now I can't enter it and it bugs me off. So maybe it's time to make a new one and close the other one:

http://www.battleforums.com/forums/world-warcraft/119647-wow-screenshot-thread-v-revival.html

I'll repost that post here, and ask Kinkarso to sticky this one.

Wahey, it worked, I can come to this thread!

Yes, Tronga is definately a warlock expert :D

Suppression doesn't raise your hit rating, it reduces the chance your affliction spells will get resisted. You can have a full capped hit rating, it's not going to make a difference to DoT's, only DD spells. Suppression is closer related to penetration than it is hit rating.
Yeah, and you certainly are an expert in PvE. I've got a mage and an elemental shaman, so I think I can say I know what I'm talking about when regarding to spell hit:

Firstly, no, that talent has absolutely nothing to do with resistance. There is no resistance whatsoever in raid bosses. None. And even if there was, you shouldn't be concerned about it because any good guild will have more than one lock, and shadow priests, and thus Curse of Shadows is a must. And even so, that chance of resisting is about spell hit. Think of a hit just like in melee, except that when you miss, it shows as resist, or when you glance, it shows as partial resist.

Now, against bosses, you need 17% spell hit in order to have 0 resists, but Blizzard made a cap at 1%, meaning there's always that chance to resist.

Now, yeah, I do agree with you that as an affliction warlock, you can just cast it again if it gets resisted. But you will lose DPS that way, taking in mind that DPS does means Damage per Second :p

I admit I'm not 100% sure about the warlock tree so there might be better talents to put keeping in mind that spell hit isn't that hard to get (gems), and the fact that if you fail a DoT you can just put it again.

But don't talk to me about resistance in PvE. It's just silly:

Suppression - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Miguel backwards!
Yeah! It's my cousin :p

I also thought of posting another screenshot, Kael'thas try. The warlock that tanks Capernian got bumped into the red column up there, and stayed there till we wiped (he's not down yet!). The warlock is the little thingie receiving a paladin's heal.

Also posting here so Mike can say bad things about my UI.

--Edit--

Bah, god damn smileys not working =(

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
That is a horrid UI.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It is pretty clumsy, I gotta admit, but since I'm the only true DPS/Healer hybrid class in the game (shadow priests are in shadowform, boomkins, well, etc), I need all those frames there, plus the fact I'm just too lazy to move some stuff around since they only show up when bosses are activated and I cba to pull a Jason and change my UI. Lazy because there's probably a way to change it while not in a boss but yeah.

Nothing much in my defense I know :(

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You have way to much **** going on.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
TrongaMonga said:
Yeah, and you certainly are an expert in PvE. I've got a mage and an elemental shaman, so I think I can say I know what I'm talking about when regarding to spell hit:

Firstly, no, that talent has absolutely nothing to do with resistance. There is no resistance whatsoever in raid bosses. None. And even if there was, you shouldn't be concerned about it because any good guild will have more than one lock, and shadow priests, and thus Curse of Shadows is a must. And even so, that chance of resisting is about spell hit. Think of a hit just like in melee, except that when you miss, it shows as resist, or when you glance, it shows as partial resist.

Now, against bosses, you need 17% spell hit in order to have 0 resists, but Blizzard made a cap at 1%, meaning there's always that chance to resist.

Now, yeah, I do agree with you that as an affliction warlock, you can just it again. But you will lose DPS that way, taking in mind that DPS does means Damage per Second :p

I admit I'm not 100% sure about the warlock tree so there might be better talents to put keeping in mind that spell hit isn't that hard to get (gems), and the fact that if you fail a DoT you can just put it again.

But don't talk to me about resistance in PvE. It's just silly
When it comes to locks, I think I know PvE a little better than you do ;) Suppression doesn't add to your hit rating, it just reduces the chance that your dots will be resisted by 10% when fully specced. That doesn't leave you with any more room to drop hit rating for other stats, considering that even as a UA specced warlock, your shadow bolt is still about 40% of your DPS. As a demonology spec like Jason, or a SL/SL lock like me, suppression ain't gonna mean a damned thing.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Dude Tronga is it just xperl or is it some other mod that allows you to see the mobs real health?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Mobinfo or something like that, I'll get back at you after I enter Black Temple.

That's right, we killed Kael'thas and Rage Winterchill (one shotted, lol) tonight!

--Edit--

Ye ranzo, it's called MobHealth3 from www.wowace.com. Anyway, here are tonight's first kills screenshots =)

Yes, I know Kao, you rockz0rs my box0rs :p

-- 2nd Edit --

Here's a little bonus I found when I was looking for the screenshots to post (even if I ended up posting the official ones from my guild site), how Triv'd look if she was a Blood Elf:

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I did, you n00b. Reread the post, after the first Edit line :p

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
It says nothing about my shadowbolt going pew pew. When I, or just about any other lock worth his salt makes a build, that is used as a point dump. I'm not saying it isn't a good talent to have, but it's not necessary for 2/3 the builds locks have access to.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Nah not saying that, only correcting your stubbornness about it having nothing to do with spell hit :p

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
Wowkikki isn't going to change my mind that DoT's don't roll on hit, so you might as well just give up on me, sir :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Wowkikki isn't going to change my mind that DoT's don't roll on hit, so you might as well just give up on me, sir :D
Haha. As you wish then. I have no idea what else would they roll on, but hey, to each his own.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
65? Awesome. And away from felnub :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
So yesterday we one-shotted whole Tempest Keep except Kael, which we two shotted, then we one shotted Rage Winterchill on MH, then we called for the night.

Tonight, however, we had a bunch of first kills:

Two shot.

Two shot.

One shot. And so my guild has the first t6, at last.

Then we went to Archimonde and had a try at him, where we died at 90%. Probably because we were damn tired of all that stupid trash, really. It's insane.