NEW Realbot Tutorial

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
Due to a consecutive flow of IMs asking me about RealBot after my last tutorial, I’ve decided to make a new tutorial. Wait, what’s this? I just made a metamod tutorial, and the new RealBot uses Metamod. The Metamod tutorial is available at: http://www.battleforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=59568 (if you haven’t read it yet, read it, because it contains information that will be used in this one).

Ok, onto the new Realbot tutorial:

First you need to download Realbot AI 1.0:
http://realbot.bots-united.com/files/win32_rbv10.exe

Install it to your $\Counter-Strike directory NOT Cstrike.

Next, download the realbot dll file:
http://realbot.bots-united.com/files/win32_rbmm.zip

Unzip it, and copy it your $\Counter-Strike\Realbot\Dll directory.
In your metamod plugins.ini file (if you don’t know what this is, see the metamod tutorial), add the following line:
win32 .../realbot/dll/realbot_mm.dll RealBot
(include the …)

Realbot console commands:
“Realbot help†– Shows you the realbot commands
Realbot Add X – Replace the X with 1 (terrorists) or 2 (counter terrorists) – adds a bot
Realbot Remove X – Removes a bot from one of the teams (see above)
Realbot killall - Pretty obvious (I think that’s what it is)

About:
Realbot now uses a waypoint system that doesn’t need to be configured. It learns the more you play each map. The first time on each map they will just stand there. What I would recommend doing is to remove all the bots when you change the map (that the bots have not yet been on), run around the entire map, then add them. If anyone has found a way to allow a remote admin (an admin that’s not using the same computer as the server) to train the bots, please contact me.

I think Realbot can realize when you use certain abilities, and learns. I added a Jetpack to my server. After I had used it for a few rounds, sure enough, the realbots were flying around. Also, I installed WC3 mod on my server, and the bots could use the ultimate abilities. They also learn how to get to certain place that would require a jump+crouch to get to if you do it.

Reply to thread for help as well.

ISSUES:
Q: The server doesn’t load with RealBot.
A: On the win32 .../realbot/dll/realbot_mm.dll RealBot line try replacing the … with .. (three dots to two dots). (thanks to hammoud135 for this one)

Q: The bots don’t load.
A: Type the command: ‘meta list’ in your console. Check to see if they are successfully loaded. If they’re not, review the tutorial, and make sure they’re done right.

Q: The bots just stand there.
A: You need to train them for this map first. Try removing all the bots, then run around the entire map. This should be good enough for one round. By just playing the map and moving around they will learn.

Q: Having problems I guess?
A: Try making ur liblist.gam read-only, then run the file activatecs16

Q: When I type meta list, what should I get?
A:
meta list
Currently loaded plugins:
description stat pend file vers src load unlod
[ 2] RealBot RUN - realbot_mm.dll v3005 ini Start
(No the #'s really don't matter, its just the plugin # and version).

More to come…

Email: ALM33@cox.net
AIM: GameChampAZ
Or PM me if you need help.

IJustWantToPost

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what about, if the libs file says something about realbot now..does that matter? because i know before u said it had to be
Addons/Metamod/DLLS/metamod.dll

KillerMe

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alm.web1000.com
Ok here's an update (thanks to BlazeAK47): Make sure all your slashes are backslashes ( \ ) instead of forward flashes ( / ), like I have them. I can't edit my post, so be sure to make all your slashes the correct way.

Here's my request: To make my tutorial better, I would like to make it also for dedicated servers. I assumed that it was done the same way, but I've had a lot of IMs telling me that it didn't work. So, for those of you who have Realbot installed on a dedicated server, please contact me with your directory structure, and how you got it installed. (I'm pretty sure you need to use rcon commands to make Realbot work (unless there's an AMX plugin for it or something.))

Anyway with 4 MB of space for my direct realbot download please contact me. (You would be downloading my directory structure with realbot installed).

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by diablo2maniac
wuts real bot?
lol....it explained it if u maybe READ WHAT HE SAID