New players are locked out for three days in Diablo III

maxhartman52

Member!
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, this is a very interesting thing too know. As for you saying are people really buying extra copies to rip other players off, in video games and real life their will always be people who will do whatever they can to make a little extra money even if it means breaking the rules and hurting others. This does help the players. Since it's only three days, I encourage people to just be patient as things will work out.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Well, I get that there will be people trying to get around the loopholes, I wanted to know if anyone on the board knew of this from their experiences with the people that they play with or against. Have they been able to catch and report anyone? Have they been the attempted the victim of such a scam?

I also wanted to know if anyone here was affected by the three day lock out.

Camkinz

Member!
Reaction score
That is stupid that Blizzard is locking out the level cap at 13 for new players. It isn't fair for the players that payed for the game.

TheBiggestNerd

Member!
Reaction score
That is stupid that Blizzard is locking out the level cap at 13 for new players. It isn't fair for the players that payed for the game.
Yeah it sucks, but since they have implemented a real money auction house they have to take these precautions. This isn't WoW where people just lose data to scammers; here players can lose their hard earned money. It would potentially be a lot worse if they didn't fit the game with these precautions, so even if it sucks at first it is better for you and the community in the long run.

Camkinz

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks, but since they have implemented a real money auction house they have to take these precautions. This isn't WoW where people just lose data to scammers; here players can lose their hard earned money. It would potentially be a lot worse if they didn't fit the game with these precautions, so even if it sucks at first it is better for you and the community in the long run.
Yes, I agree with you, it will stop the scammers from getting your hard earned cash. Also, I've seen games that prevent trials from trading or from auctions just to stop scamming from accounts that don't even last, so the items that you give to the guy is a waste

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Are you a new player or one of the veterans that is being protected by these measures? Is the real money auction a better deal for the game or would you prefer to go back to how it used to be done? I know it's probably good for the people that have always played for the chance to make money from the game, but what about the rest of the players?

Camkinz

Member!
Reaction score
Are you a new player or one of the veterans that is being protected by these measures? Is the real money auction a better deal for the game or would you prefer to go back to how it used to be done? I know it's probably good for the people that have always played for the chance to make money from the game, but what about the rest of the players?
For the rest of the players that don't want to make profit on the game, it isn't fair since they need to wait for the cap to be removed anyways. It isn't an ideal level to lock out at too, level 13 is easy to get to and it shouldn't take less than 6 hours to get to, then you need to wait for 3 days to level again. So, Blizzard should remove this cap for the players that don't want to make a profit on this.

TheBiggestNerd

Member!
Reaction score
For the rest of the players that don't want to make profit on the game, it isn't fair since they need to wait for the cap to be removed anyways. It isn't an ideal level to lock out at too, level 13 is easy to get to and it shouldn't take less than 6 hours to get to, then you need to wait for 3 days to level again. So, Blizzard should remove this cap for the players that don't want to make a profit on this.
Yeah, I will say that getting locked out of leveling would be a huge pain in the ass. I would like if there could be another method that would prevent scammers just as well, but I can't think of any myself. Scammers cause too much trouble for Blizzard, they are forced to take drastic measures which really sucks for normal customers.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, from my understanding, level 13 won't even get you out of Act 1? Is that correct? Would it be possible for them to come up with a way to have someone opt out of any money making ventures? Or, do they want to keep that option open just in case a player changes their mind as they become more immersed in the game?

Imoverthere

Member!
Reaction score
It is a wise idea since they've introduced the real money auction house. Players just need to be patient while verification is completed and they make sure that the player has paid for the game. At the very least, players aren't without the game altogether, they can still play to what they are limited to.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I understand the thinking behind it, but as some in this thread alone have said, not everyone is playing to make a profit. So, is it impossible to opt out of the profit side of the game from the beginning so there doesn't have to be an interruption of play for those people?

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
It looks like this isn't an issue anymore as Blizzard released a patch to fix it. There is still a hold on everything, but the game play and they can move past Level 13 and Act 1. They still need to have verified accounts before public game access and the auction house among other things, but that is actually understandable.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
I have to agree with this comment.

The bottom line here is that this is something people PAID for. It's not like this is a pirated copy issue. This is a very anti consumerist move as far as I'm concerned. It's almost a punishment.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Well, I look at it as them protecting their long term customers from new people or old Diablo crooks from trying to scam the system. I doubt if they meant for the new players to be locked out of playing past a certain level considering as soon as they saw that problem they tried to rectify it as soon as possible.

Waynefire

Reaction score
This is interesting to know. I know I am starting to learn the game and really find this disturbing the game would do something like this. Why not do like many of the games already do on Facebook and such and put a cap on what levels of players you can go after when you are starting out? If you hit the wrong person, though, you can easily get wiped out by the other people.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Well, you don't have to worry about it anymore with the new patch. You just won't be able to participate in the RMAH or a few other things until they can verify your account. You'll be able to play until your heart is content outside of that.