New Owner

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Actually plenty of them only registered because the only way you can download attachments is by registering.

Yes, you're right in saying that everyone else registered to give an opinion, or ask a question, and you're also right in wanting them to do it again.

But people get bored of gaming all day, sometimes they want a friendly/unfriendly community to spend their time while they're, for example, farming, or botting (or even out of the game!).

BF used to have both, even though there was a mistake in mixing them up because of incompetency of the mods.
How dare you point the decrease of Battleforums quality caused by the mods or anything other than The Asylum. I'd watch your ass, you might get banned.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Keep trolling and I'll tell the teachers on you.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
You'll b banned soon, i'm not going to waste my time on you anymore.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
You'll b banned soon, i'm not going to waste my time on you anymore.
I've yet to violate any rules. If I get banned for expressing my opinion (even though I know I'm right, like I was last time.) then why would I want to be a part of a forum that bans for expressing opinion?

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
You directly flamed the admin by calling him "not the sharpest tool in the shed" and have been insulting his every move. I don't give a damn if you think you're expressing your opinion, if your opinion is against the rules you'll get banned. Sorry jenny....you've lost.

Oh and your opinion on the asylum being the root of this forum was wrong. Cuz last time we removed it our activity went up. However you've always not been the sharpest tool in the shed to understand basic numbers.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
didn't read most of this but
Actually, the number of registered members BF has is completely relevant. They may not be active because of the distraught state the forum is in.
lol. Ok, like we're gonna fix the forums and suddenly everyone who registered just to download hacks will start actively posting...

anyway, as per your intro:
What do you do? How can you afford to spend thousands of dollars on this site? You're obviously not making any ad revenue off it at the moment. Are you planning on it? If not, how is this economically viable for you at all? Do you have a job? How old are you?

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
A prime example is how everyone in the D2 section treats Cheez like ****. I highly doubt this is because of his posts in the Asylum and if it is then the members that can't keep **** in the Asylum should be dealt with, but they weren't.
well your right and your wrong.

the reason we treat him like **** in the D2 section has nothing to do with his asylum posts, its because what he DOES post in the d2 section is worthless spam thats there to do nothing but draw attention

as for my own personal opinions on how max is running things:

its no surprise that im not an asylum advocate, i might have posted in it a total of 5-10 times since ive been a member of this forum. Ive never thought a place to openly flame/harass the members of BF was a good idea. i admit that it wont help bring newcomers here in the short run, but look at it this way:

max is trying to get rid of the angry basis the forums have grown into the past few years, theres nothing wrong with that. though it wont instantly bring people in, once new content IS introduced that starts to get peoples interest, they wont come in and instantly get flamed, because its no longer incouraged, which in the long run could mean a more positive first-time experience to the forums. its logical sence, people dont stay in places there not accepted. Simple social behavior. and i admit, i am not excluded in contributing to anger on the forums, theres been people (ie VOG and Cheeze) that i have openly expressed hatred torwards, i do not appologize for that, but i do admit it.

now thats not just going for the asylum, but it does include it. i see that he is pushing to stop non-positive comments in general, and thats a good thing, thats something thats held this forum back for years, without naming names, if you do it, you know who you are.

as for the void, why shouldnt it be there? it doesnt hurt anything, it doesnt breed fueds or anger between members, its just a place for the usless stuff to go, without it being deleted (Granted, if its usless, being deleted isnt a bad option either)

as for new content game wise, battleforums has been a gaming forum since day 1, yes, it deminished into a general topic forum in past years, but its perfectly understandable that max is trying to recreate it, he has my support in most everything hes doing (or trying to do) thus far.

though on a side note: id seriously like to know more about this max fellow other than "hes the new owner of bf"

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Well put Dragnskull.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
D2 section is just you guys hating Cheez cause he owned you guys. Thats hate spawned from gaming. But apparently it doesn't exist if the Asylum is gone so all those that play games will magically like eachother.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
You speak as if once a member leaves, they can never come back again.

By registering, a member is showing some interest in the forums. I'm hoping we can revive that interest.
The problem with that logic is some people come here to get thier one time problems solved, then when satisfied.... they don't post again or they may think about staying for more questions.

It is not the forum that keeps the member here (which is something like a bonus), it is the member himself.

As Tronga said, the 100,000 member argument is useless. About 70% of those don't even have a post or have less than 100.

Jenny said:
D2 section is just you guys hating Cheez cause he owned you guys. Thats hate spawned from gaming. But apparently it doesn't exist if the Asylum is gone so all those that play games will magically like eachother.
The problem was he was nude-killing, using rejuevs and running back to town for almost everyone of his kills. I don't mind PKing, but it isn't fair to do things like that. Which sadly, everyone and even I does. Plus, he spams about how great he is and trolls in the process.

Plus, he can't own me, because I play Diablo II MODS.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
What if they have another question? Do they return to the site where they got flamed at or look elsewhere? I think that's the point he's getting at.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
That is why we put restrictions on the threads like no flaming or trolling. The problem with flamer helpers is:

1. They don't know the answer to the topic.
  2. They think the question is stupid and has an obvious answer.
  3. They tell the user to search Google, which is probably the first thing they tried to do.
  4. The person who answers the topic is a person like Cheeze, X or any asylum poster.

I try to help people as best as I can. I did so in the Diablo II Mod installation guides, except for the insult towards Vista users who don't really know how it works.

If we can do this, then they would most likely use us as a source for thier answers to questions.

But also, we have to take activity of the sections into consideration. There is a difference between having a problem solved in 1 day than 1 month.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
The problem was he was nude-killing, using rejuevs and running back to town for almost everyone of his kills. I don't mind PKing, but it isn't fair to do things like that. Which sadly, everyone and even I does. Plus, he spams about how great he is and trolls in the process.

Plus, he can't own me, because I play Diablo II MODS.
So you're saying he hasn't done this to you, but he does it to be the best. Regardless last time I checked if it's part of the game and can happen then it's clearly part of the game.

What if they have another question? Do they return to the site where they got flamed at or look elsewhere? I think that's the point he's getting at.
They'll look to the site where its most populated and active so they can get a quick answer. This is why BF got no new members, not because they were so afraid of getting flamed. This is the internet after all and from my experience internet gaming is the most vulgar and immature crowd ever so It's real doubtful anyones going to endure such heart break if they get flamed here. Even if they do if its outside the Asylum is was suppose to be moved there, but Mods stop doing their jobs a long time ago. Max never made a point or a reason to close the Asylum just, "It's my forum, not yours. I'll do what I want." Same approach as Eric and he'll get the same results as Eric.

Everyone here that joined first for help knows that they not only didn't check out all the sections to see if this was a good place to ask, but also probably didn't even know there were general sections. This hasn't changed. Someone needs Diablo 2 help they search google see full forums with the D2 sections and then Battleforums with a dead section. Anyone who thinks the decline of activity is because of a forum section or the members is a complete idiot.

Mods and GMs stopped doing their job which is why alot of sections started having flames. Sections started to decline greatly when we gave up hosting hacks/new hacks that other forums would. The failure of the forum wasn't in the general sections or the members. It was in our staff and owner. Skuzzy was great, but as you can see after him everything pretty much went down the ****ter because he was the only one that cared while he was here or had a straight head.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Why should anybody even listen to you jenny on how to run a forum? The only section you had control of you literally destroyed.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
One could even say she did it out of rage, which is precisely what we need the asylum to ;)

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Or it's precisely why we don't need jenny period.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I didn't destroy the Asylum it came back the same after. I also kept it alive for years. What have you done but be a really sorry troll? I mean, nobody even likes you.

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
no one knows this....but for exactly 26 seconds i had admin powers in 2003...that was the best 26 seconds the forum ever experienced

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yo your from NY? Partyyyyyyyyyyyy

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I had admin powers for like a month or so..what now flash? =P

Jenny..you done yet? I mean..I understand how you feel, and I know you want people to know what you think and that you believe you're right (wow a girl who's never wrong..shocking..), but are you going to ever stop beating the dead horse? Stop crying over spilled milk? I mean hell..you still bring up crap I've done yet when you, Mike, Gimmi, etc. has a long list of crap you are totally defensive about it all..I'm sure by now you're aware we ALL know how you think and feel that you're WRONG and NOT right. hard to take in..baby steps..I know..