New Owner

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright so this would be the fifth one right?

Skuzzy - ChrisUK - Crooked - Eric - Max

Or did Eric even own it and wasn't Roach in there somewhere? I'm so confused now.
So close The Void and re-add the Asylum. A very small percentage of the population now plays games avidly which should be clear since all the gaming sections are dead and have been for months. You aren't accomodating to general sections which I have always seen to be the most busy sections, even on gaming forums. Pretty much every unofficial gaming forum has a section like the Asylum and Chit-Chat, not the Void.

If this is a gaming forum then you should probably work on the gaming sections, not mess with something that works and has worked for a long, long time. You're clearly trying to piss people off by repeating the same mistakes that Eric did, then again it's pretty clear you are Eric or will be another genius like him.

I've never understood our admins ideas of removing sections to improve a dead forum. How about you work on actually getting a member base before ripping out valued, active sections. I'm pretty sure The Asylums glorious existence has little to do with the year+ inactivity in all our gaming sections. Could it be we host played out, dead games (other than WoW)? We've hosted dead games for so long that now whenever we try to host something new nobody comes because we have no member base. My two cents are for a admins priorities is that they should get[/b[ a memberbase before they try to piss of the memberbase.

You've always been...misguided with your thoughts.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i agree withat what she said shes one of the few members with a brain fully wqorking

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
So close The Void and re-add the Asylum. A very small percentage of the population now plays games avidly which should be clear since all the gaming sections are dead and have been for months. You aren't accomodating to general sections which I have always seen to be the most busy sections, even on gaming forums. Pretty much every unofficial gaming forum has a section like the Asylum and Chit-Chat, not the Void.

If this is a gaming forum then you should probably work on the gaming sections, not mess with something that works and has worked for a long, long time. You're clearly trying to piss people off by repeating the same mistakes that Eric did, then again it's pretty clear you are Eric or will be another genius like him.

I've never understood our admins ideas of removing sections to improve a dead forum. How about you work on actually getting a member base before ripping out valued, active sections. I'm pretty sure The Asylums glorious existence has little to do with the year+ inactivity in all our gaming sections. Could it be we host played out, dead games (other than WoW)? We've hosted dead games for so long that now whenever we try to host something new nobody comes because we have no member base. My two cents are for a admins priorities is that they should get[/b[ a memberbase before they try to piss of the memberbase.

1) He has already said that he is trying to move this forum towards a gaming base. You don't game, then this most likely isn't the forum for you.
2) Having the asylum open lead to only one thing, the destruction of our glorious forums. It gradually sucked members in and lead to nothing productive being done in this forum but forum biases (sp?) and hatred amongst members. If you really don't like it that much, then leave. Your ****hole isn't coming back.
3) You are really dense sometimes. The IP's are from two TOTALLY different states. SO how is eric logged on right now under one IP, and Max logged on from one from another state?
4) This "memberbase" that you are talking about no longer games as much and will ultimately lead to the destruction of our forums if we keep the asylum open.
Look at it this way.

Leaving the asylum open to please this "memberbase" that you talk so highly of.
1) People continue flaming and posting BS all over the forum without any control.
2) NO NEW MEMBERS JOIN
3) The forum dies (like it did before max bought it)

Now take the scenario where we enhance the gaming aspect of our forum:
1) We introduce new sections around popular games.
2) New members come and DON'T get flamed left and right.
3) The forum lives.

Your path = destruction
Max's = rejuvenation.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
3) You are really dense sometimes. The IP's are from two TOTALLY different states. SO how is eric logged on right now under one IP, and Max logged on from one from another state?
Not saying Max is Eric here, but that's not a very hard thing to do. Could even use some other country IP, it's not that hard.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm just glad something's being done. Max is a fresh face without any pre-established bias, and he seems to have some solid leadership qualities.

I miss the old skin tho...T.T

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
1) He has already said that he is trying to move this forum towards a gaming base. You don't game, then this most likely isn't the forum for you.
2) Having the asylum open lead to only one thing, the destruction of our glorious forums. It gradually sucked members in and lead to nothing productive being done in this forum but forum biases (sp?) and hatred amongst members. If you really don't like it that much, then leave. Your ****hole isn't coming back.
4) This "memberbase" that you are talking about no longer games as much and will ultimately lead to the destruction of our forums if we keep the asylum open.
Look at it this way.

Leaving the asylum open to please this "memberbase" that you talk so highly of.
1) People continue flaming and posting BS all over the forum without any control.
2) NO NEW MEMBERS JOIN
3) The forum dies (like it did before max bought it)

Now take the scenario where we enhance the gaming aspect of our forum:
1) We introduce new sections around popular games.
2) New members come and DON'T get flamed left and right.
3) The forum lives.

Your path = destruction
Max's = rejuvenation.
1. If the remaining member base gamed the sections wouldn't be dead. Being bias towards gaming and abandoning the active sections isn't a good idea. It's stupid.

2. None of the sections lead to anything productive. The Asylum was a fun, funny, and entertaining environment as oppose to chit-chats repetetive topics or check out (random youtube link). Also most hate before the gaming sections died came from the gaming sections. A prime example is how everyone in the D2 section treats Cheez like ****. I highly doubt this is because of his posts in the Asylum and if it is then the members that can't keep **** in the Asylum should be dealt with, but they weren't.

3. I evaded perma ban by changing my IP so if I can do it I figure he can. Nice try though?

4. How would having a section open to the people that aren't avid gamers destroy the forums? That point was idiotic.

LB's Sub-Idiotic-"Points"

1. This will happen more if the Asylum is closed. The only reason it occured with it open (on the rare chance that it did) was because the mods were, well, [/b]are[/b] lazy and never, ever moved posts where they belonged. The fact flames weren't sent to the Asylum isn't the members fault, sounds liker a moderators fault and as many useless GMs as we have I figure one should step up and do something.

2. You're right. I think some members joined last time it was closed. They made an intro post and never came back or posted in a gaming section (once or twice, if that?) My point there is last time the Asylum was closed nothing changed. The Asylum isn't making new members go, "OH MAN THIS FORUM SUCKS" I think the fact the forum is dead, we only have sections for old games, and the fact we have like 30sh (if that) active members. If the Asylum is such an eyesore it should be only available to members that are joined or ask for access, even though the fact it was there wasn't shoo-ing off members because there are forums much more active than ours with a flame section that is much worse and they are doing just fine.

3. If living is having one active section, sure.

Every point you made was countered and beaten. Every time you try to argue with me you lose or you spout some ignorant ****. From here on I'm no longer acknowledging you. Bye!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
lol LB sucking it up again?

anyways the only change in BF i see so far is Default skin, and Max's introduction thread haha

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I like it how all her points are "ZOMG THE ASYLUM WAS FUN!!!111" Even though with the asylum open we gradually lost our member base. GREAT POINT JENNY! It's okay though, she'll be banned soon and we won't have to deal with her anymore.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Jenny said:

A very small percent of the 100,000 members? If 10% of the 100,000 members game, that's enough to keep this forum going.

I have a feeling a large majority of the forum population left because of the chaos.

The Asylum did not 'work'. I don't measure a forum's success by its activity. Anyone can fill a forum with garbage.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
A very small percent of the 100,000 members? If 10% of the 100,000 members game, that's enough to keep this forum going.

I have a feeling a large majority of the forum population left because of the chaos.

The Asylum did not 'work'. I don't measure a forum's success by its activity. Anyone can fill a forum with garbage.
No Max, large population of this forum left becuase of the downtime + all the "admins" going crazy (that happened what.. twice? thrice?)
I wouldn't call the asylum 'garbage', well.. the 2004 and 2005 version of the asylum that is hahah

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
the aslyum used to be fun to post in, only thing i used to do.. lol

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome Max. Good luck I guess. It gets rough here sometimes. :p

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score

Stop brining up "100,000" like we have that many active members. It doesn't matter how many we had. We don't anymore. 50 members with one active section isn't going unless you mean going down the drain.

Yes. None because of the Asylum, so why instead of offering stability, forum advertising to gain members, and new sections would you close an active section? It makes no sense at all.

Just like last time the Asylum was closed there is no explanation as to why it was. First time it was basically "Because we can" and this time it's because "it doesn't work." When majority of many members that have been here for 4+ years posts were in the Asylum then clearly it was working. When even after it was re-opened all the people that "hated" it started posting in it again.

Last time I checked a forums success was rated by it's activity and this forum has none. I think as a owner you should be smart enough to try to increase activity, not discourage it.

I'll expect a half-ass response since I don't find you to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I expect a reasonable response as to why you closed the Asylum especially when The Void remains open when it was the epitomy of idiocy.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Stop brining up "100,000" like we have that many active members. It doesn't matter how many we had. We don't anymore. 50 members with one active section isn't going unless you mean going down the drain.

Yes. None because of the Asylum, so why instead of offering stability, forum advertising to gain members, and new sections would you close an active section? It makes no sense at all.

Just like last time the Asylum was closed there is no explanation as to why it was. First time it was basically "Because we can" and this time it's because "it doesn't work." When majority of many members that have been here for 4+ years posts were in the Asylum then clearly it was working. When even after it was re-opened all the people that "hated" it started posting in it again.

Last time I checked a forums success was rated by it's activity and this forum has none. I think as a owner you should be smart enough to try to increase activity, not discourage it.

I'll expect a half-ass response since I don't find you to be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I expect a reasonable response as to why you closed the Asylum especially when The Void remains open when it was the epitomy of idiocy.
Actually, the number of registered members BF has is completely relevant. They may not be active because of the distraught state the forum is in.

Sure, the Asylum was active, but it's exactly the kind of activity I want to discourage.

It's very simple, Jenny. If you don't like it, leave. If you're looking for a place to vent your frustrations, I suggest you either see a therapist or find a different forum that entertains such posts.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Actually, the number of registered members BF has is completely relevant. They may not be active because of the distraught state the forum is in.
Then, please, don't use 100,000 members argument again. We're [almost] all smart people here, those of we who care to see the history, so please don't insult us with saying 10% of 100,000 is a big number because the activity of these forums goes around 0.05% of those 100,000.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Then, please, don't use 100,000 members argument again. We're [almost] all smart people here, those of we who care to see the history, so please don't insult us with saying 10% of 100,000 is a big number because the activity of these forums goes around 0.05% of those 100,000.
You speak as if once a member leaves, they can never come back again.

By registering, a member is showing some interest in the forums. I'm hoping we can revive that interest.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Actually plenty of them only registered because the only way you can download attachments is by registering.

Yes, you're right in saying that everyone else registered to give an opinion, or ask a question, and you're also right in wanting them to do it again.

But people get bored of gaming all day, sometimes they want a friendly/unfriendly community to spend their time while they're, for example, farming, or botting (or even out of the game!).

BF used to have both, even though there was a mistake in mixing them up because of incompetency of the mods.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Jenny wants everything her way even though she doesn't pay for the forum, the way she wants the forum turned the forum to ****, and she is delusional. You're wasting your time by trying to discuss it with her max, there is no pleasing her or mike. Just do yourself a favor and save yourself the headache and leave mike banned and ban jenny.

Edit @ NTRIK: Everything this guy has done (redesigning the skin, removing the asylum, bringing back the gaming aspect of this forum, banning mike and hopefully soon jenny) is stuff that I have been saying needs to be done for this forum to succeed before he even got here. So when somebody comes in and does what I think is the right thing to do I praise them for it. You would do the same if your idea was implemented by somebody else.