New MOD for WC3 Makes Playing SC in 3D Possible??

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
A group of programers have been working hardcore on a new mod for Warcraft 3. Called "Project Revolution", this new MOD will breath new life into the Starcraft game. The project is 41% complete, and uses the WC3 Graphics Engine to produce your beloved StarCraft units and buildings in full 3d Glory!

The finished product is slated for the end of this year/begining of the next year release. The MOD will focus mainly on the multiplaying aspect of the game, and partnered servers are already making the upgrades to host the MOD when it comes out.

"Besides the engine, we're trying to get as close to the original SC as possible. Of course, certain limitations (of the engine for example) and some details are impossible to keep. And certain new aspects of the engine won't be used for the same reason. For example, we decided that a useful thing such as autocast might negatively influence the game balance, and this is why we are only giving autocast to the Terran Medic, as it was in StarCraft."

"The beta-test will start when the technical side of the game is finished. Which means: when the graphics for unit, building etc. are finished. During the Beta, we'll be working on the campaign and fixing the Beta bugs, errors and balance issues. Most probably the beta will be public. And again, I can't predict a precise date. Somewhere this autumn."

"We'll try to make the graphics identical. Perhaps, the animation menu will be a little different, but the game will be as close to the original as possible, you can see it in the screenshots. In fact, we want to copy the whole atmosphere of the game, not just the graphics. This is why the game will be using the original sounds and music."

Now, here are some exciting Screen shots of the SC MOD!

...well, this'll take all my bandwidth for the month....:p
Head to http://www.supremestarcraft.com/ for more info!

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't know...I'd suggest going to the website and asking them about it, but we'll know in the BETA testing, which I'm definetly gunna try to be apart of.

Sir_Lancelot

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That look really nifty. I was wondering when they would come out with soemthing new for startcraft since it was a very promising title from the start.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
This looks extremely amazing. I can't wait. although it is too bad there won't be autocast. I also had fun posting this in the sc2 discussion. ppl thought this was starcraft2. i think blizzard would put much more effort into it though

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It would be so much more harder for them to improve on the graphics. remmebr this is a big job to do, especialy taking the originaly sc and changing it for war3.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah the enviroments dont really look cool or like all other sc have although the idea of using the wc style for sc is a briliant idea to make it look cooler :)

Maelstorm

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
donno about that prolly will dl it ...... just wanted to say i am working with some ppl on sc version of w3...same story as sc/bw but it 3d......we ahve started only resently adn didn't get far yet but we have modeles finished nad almsot textured , gonan post pics here

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
It is available in the editor. The hydralisks came with WC3. It was made to kind of recreate what a starcraft unit would look like in the WC3 engine.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
--

It's in Wc3 because it's in one of the RoC Campaigns as a lil secret tid-bit, I think you need the iseedeadpeople cheat on. Atleast thats what i read somewhere.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by eSc0
the graphics look cartoony
Ya, I do hope they get more detailed. The Terran CC doesn't look to bad though.

senureMiget

Premium Member
Reaction score
if your going to dl it you need both WC3 and SC/BW because they need it for the sound&music

PeonWars

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.clanbountyhunter.cjb.net
I don't believe Blizzard isn't getting at your back at this for doing it, its like Starcraft II: Warcraft III Graphics Engine Edition :) But, it looks very promaseing, I would greatfully pay 20.00 for that mod. The reason of that is because most professional modders couldent even do that, let alone think of it. Thanks Chibi for the heads up on the new mod. Can you post the site ;)