new heart of the swarm units

Discussion in 'StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty' started by betaalpha5, Oct 26, 2011.

1. betaalpha5

betaalpha5 BattleForums Senior Member

2. ST

ST Premium Member

Phoenix, Arizona
    Nice information man.

3. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    It's nice Zerg finally has a unit for space control. Though It'd be better if the Swarm host shot out spines in a line instead. And swarm host is kinda weak name, maybe something along the lines of "lurker".

4. Grimnir

Grimnir New Member

As a Protoss player, I'm really looking forward to Heart of the Swarm! I feel like playing Protoss has become so boring lately. Every game I pretty much follow the same pattern and, to be honest, I'm just tired of making endless Stalkers and Colossi!

I can't wait to make some more flying units as a Protoss. I love the Phoenix already and that kind of high-mobility aerial gameplay is really appealing to me. What units are you guys most looking forward to?

5. Jimmymadness

Jimmymadness New Member

Thanks for the post. It will be interesting with the protoss units. These might be a little too op or just what protoss needs. Hope this comes out and is as good as brood war.

6. MGCImtR

MGCImtR eSports Player

7. dreyz

dreyz New Member

Oh yeah, this release is going to be the bomb!

The Battle Reports were more informative, really, but thanks for the discussion videos anyway.

Being a Zerg player, new addition of units are mostly good, unless they either serve little to no purpose or are just imbalanced. (Then again, OP Zergs are good for me~)

8. yellowbran

yellowbran New Member

Really liking the over all addition they are going to put in the game. :)

9. Phoenix2003

Phoenix2003 BattleForums Senior Member

Antioch, Aiur
    After watching the latest battlereport (I'll leave it you guys to find and watch it), let's just say I'm glad I stuck to SC/BW and never bought/played SC2(or should I call it TerranCraft 2.)

How the hell are protoss supposed to deal with mech now that they're supposedly removing carriers?
    BattleHellion/Warhounds/Vikings/Ravens/Widow Mines just counters EVERYTHING P has.
    And to think I had such high hopes for the Oracle(with Emtomb ability), but that turned out to be gimmicky like everything else P has in their arsenal.
    And while I get that nothing is final, it's already been a year or 2 and nothing has changed.

10. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    This made me chuckle. No one in Starcraft II uses Carriers.

In fact, PvT mech is such a non-issue that no one uses mech in vP. It's outlandish. It's a free win for the protoss if the Terran tries to use mech. The only time a factory is ever built in a TvP is when the players need to get a starport. Carrier was pointless and had no role in SCII.