Not open for further replies.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
it is, but still ontopic

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Change the green tint to a blueish tint and we're in business.
I agree wiith this. A blue tint rather than green may look better.

I'm liking it though..it's looking good.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The green version is better than the previous one, the blue tint might work even better, but for a Diablo person like me, a little touch of red is what makes anything look alive;)

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Well I was thinking blue because the traditional Blizzard colors are black, blue, and a small touch of white. Hell he could make a green WC/WoW one, a Blue SC one, and a Red Diablo one really..but I am a fan of a universal skin as opposed to multiple skins.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
its not hard to choice what skin ud like u know jason god the more the better why do u just want to ruin it on others???

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I was thinking blue because the traditional Blizzard colors are black, blue, and a small touch of white. Hell he could make a green WC/WoW one, a Blue SC one, and a Red Diablo one really..but I am a fan of a universal skin as opposed to multiple skins.
green tint suggest some themes from brood war as well :p

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think we should stay away from one particular theme and go with Blizzard colors. Maybe in the future a Diablo - Warcraft - Starcraft could be added, but the easiest thing to do now would be a Blizzard theme. The colors in our old theme weren't bad, it just wasn't a good design.

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
its not hard to choice what skin ud like u know jason god the more the better why do u just want to ruin it on others???

If you have nothing productive to say, than stop posting. Staying on topic is the key here, this is an issue that needs to be worked on. Another crap comment like this, and your one before it I will just start removing them. If you have something to add about the new design and look that is being worked on than by all means add to the topic, if not than hush.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I want the BF logo, whatever it ends up being, to be one hell of alot bigger.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I think we should stay away from one particular theme and go with Blizzard colors. Maybe in the future a Diablo - Warcraft - Starcraft could be added, but the easiest thing to do now would be a Blizzard theme. The colors in our old theme weren't bad, it just wasn't a good design.
I think the point is to make it a sc2 site.

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
If youre going for the starcrafty look then its going alright.. I dont know about you guys but when i hear Blizzard i think all Gothicy magic and axes orcs and elfs etc for most of their games. Unless the starcraft idea was the point of it, i just get the feeling its focusing a lot on one game, if you get me..

Are you going for different themes for each forum or will it just be a single theme for the entire board?

Ah yeah basicly kind of what Krovvy said..

Max

Member!
Reaction score
We're going for a Starcraft II theme. Specifically, the Terran race.

No, BattleForums is not going to focus on Starcraft II. With the highly anticipated release of Starcraft II approaching, I figured it would be appropriate.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well shouldn't we focus on content or some plan for adding content to the site then? I haven't heard anything on this yet, and I'm sure not much will change unless there is a plan and it's carried out.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Well shouldn't we focus on content or some plan for adding content to the site then? I haven't heard anything on this yet, and I'm sure not much will change unless there is a plan and it's carried out.
Yes, we will be implementing a custom content management system in the future. Hence the "Featured Map" and "Featured Replay" panels of the portal page.

You will hear more about these plans once the new skin is in place.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Awesome, I didn't realize it would actually be implemented.

Back on the current design, it doesn't seem very much like Starcraft II to me, it's stuck with the Starcraft feel. We need more vibrant colors and higher resolution images as currently it feels like Starcraft (640 x 480 for life). Just look at Blizzards current Starcaft II website for inspiration, it's beautiful except for the mix of Zerg colors. It would probably be a good idea to copy as much as possible especially the navigation bar.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
is ti possible to have vestiges of all 3 races in the skin somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.