New Character Class/Race/Ideas thread

Darkness8

Member!
Reaction score
ya but diablo is dif then wow thats what makes it suggnificant people play it because its completly different and if u were to add some of these charicters how are u going to explain why they werent in the first 2, plus you are fighting evil not being evil so the ogres goblins and trolsl are ruled out
and hey dumbass orcs and goblins are the same thing just two different mytholigy.

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Darkness8 said:
and hey dumbass orcs and goblins are the same thing just two different mytholigy.
Don't call people dumbasses because they say goblins or orcs are the same, they don't even exist, prove they are the same :nooob. And please learn your english, reading what you write makes me sick.

GENERAL description of goblins from various sources and myths:

Goblins are grotesque faeries of about dwarf height. Various (sometimes conflicting) abilities and attributes have been given to them:

1. They can appear as animals.
2. They are sometimes said to be mostly invisible to human eye.
3. They are said to count the dead among their companions.
4. They can weave nightmares out of gossamer and insert them into the ear of a sleeping human.
5. They sometimes borrow horses from stables and ride them all night, causing them to be tired in the morning.
6. They steal human women and children and hide them away underground.
7. Goblin women steal human babies, replacing them with ugly goblin babies (changelings).
8. They have a somewhat bestial appearance, and their brow is fully covered with thick hair and their mouth is filled with yellowed, crooked teeth.
9. They have some traits of old men, which can include shortsightedness, but they are described as wiser than humans.
10. They sometimes eat humans.
11. They are sometimes described as being an entirely male race.

Darkness8

Member!
Reaction score
hmm does it now then i will have to hunt you down some more, then u can see my spelling at all times and as for me calling them a dumbass if you are going to play or read any type of fantisy then you should know what is what.

and as for me making you sick...more power to me.:tnt :lucifer

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Darkness8 said:
ya but diablo is dif then wow thats what makes it suggnificant people play it because its completly different and if u were to add some of these charicters how are u going to explain why they werent in the first 2, plus you are fighting evil not being evil so the ogres goblins and trolsl are ruled out
Hi, I'm a period, have we met?

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Darkness8 said:
hmm does it now then i will have to hunt you down some more, then u can see my spelling at all times and as for me calling them a dumbass if you are going to play or read any type of fantisy then you should know what is what.

and as for me making you sick...more power to me.:tnt :lucifer
Well, I do play and read fantasy, and yet goblins are described differently each time. In a tetralogy I read, they were big ugly creatures wandering in western hills and forests along with trolls, while in other books you may read they are small, green and inoffensive.

Really, there is no exact definition of what they are, it's not reality. And yeah, periods would help your typing ;).

hojs

Reaction score
Well, I've never played Diablo I but I am a freak for Diablo II.

So here are some of my ideas for Diablo3.

Barbarian/Viking - based on the barbarian from D2. His/her weapons are axes, but can carry all other weapons except staves, wands, bows and the katana. He/she can also throw large and giant swords and axes and pick them up from enemy corpses. He/she can carry a large of giant weapon in each hand.

Paladin/Crusader - based on the paladin from D2 His/her weapons are swords and maces, but can carry all other weapons except staves, wands, bows and the katana.

Hunter/Ranger - based on the native American Indians. He would basically replace the Amazon. His/her weapons are bows and spears, but can carry all other weapons except staves, wands and the katana.

Witch/Mage - based on the sorceress from D2 but with a little added evil. His/her weapons are staves and wands, but can carry all other weapons except bows and the katana.

Samurai/Ninja - a whole new character, based on the Japanese Samurai and Ninjas. His/her weapons would be the katana, short ninja sword, long bamboo sticks and the shuriken. He/she is a master of martial arts and personal combat. His/her only magic powers would be an ability to call upon his ancestors to aid him in battle (a few ghost samurai or ninjas) which would last a limited amount of time, and an ability to increase his attack ability and damage with meditation. He/she is able to carry a katana in each hand due to the low weight of the weapons and can also carry bows.

Druid/Wizard/Shaman - based on the druid from D2 with a few added attractions from the legends of the celtic and briton druids and wizards. His/her weapons are also staves and wands, but can carry all other weapons except bows and the katana.

Necromancer/Dark Lord/Shadow Warrior - based on the necromancer from D2. His/her weapons are wands and staves, but can also carry all other weapons except bows and the katana.

Assasin/Thief/Spy - based on the assasin from D2. His/her weapons are shitchblades, wristblades and daggers. He/she cannot wear metal armour, and has an impressive array of magical and regular traps. His/her distinguishing ability is stealth.

Mercenaries/Bounty Hunters - Another brand new character that consists of two individuals. They can carry and use all weapons and have no magic powers except the ability to ressurect one another (when the survivor gets back to town) if one should die. They are unable to hire anyone else into their party. They would recieve a reward in gold for each accomplished quest.

Now for some general choices when creating characters.

The ability to choose sex.
The ability to choose skin, hair and eye colour.
The ability to choose height, weight, body type and modify it.

The characters can choose whether to ride a horse or walk. A character can ride a horse for a while and then abandon it if he/she wishes to. The horses must be bought. Also they have to buy armour for the horse and shoe it regularly. The horse also has an inventory panel for storing found items. Horses can't enter buildings, but can enter caves, and can sometimes get scared near bosses and throw the rider off.

And one last thing. The ability to put boots, gloves, belts, rings and amulets on the members of your party. They should have an inventory panel.

Don't eat me alive because I've said things that others already have.

StreekG

Reaction score
Ah i was gonna mention a Viking type character, would be cool

Character customisation would be good, Choose your class, then stuff around with features, such as build and what not

How about each character has their own story and quests to do, making for a big ass game which you play over and over to get understanding of each character fully. Instead of each character having the same quests to do, would also be good for online play as you can't go through the game with just anyone. (Would have some disadvantages but yeah, just an idea)

:rollie What about secret unlockable character system, with like Spider Man, we get to see how he mysteriously ends up in the Diablo Universe, and how he copes!:rollie

Spider man was a hit in Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

mr_sly

Reaction score
i think that because most of the game if not all of it is based on heaven and hell
we shold be able to play an angel and a demon/fallen angel/evil minion gone good.

the angel shold have a much more powerfull version of holy bolt, revive mercs,
more holy/non-elemental damdge, an auora or tow and some resist + and -

the demon is open for ideas

i also think they need to get rid of the poisen stuff on the necro and add
zombies and demons to the summoner side of him plus get rid of
the golems they are not needed except maby clay

ps

im new:dance

btw maby the angel/demon can be a prize for finishing hell

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
mr_sly said:
i think that because most of the game if not all of it is based on heaven and hell
we shold be able to play an angel and a demon/fallen angel/evil minion gone good.

the angel shold have a much more powerfull version of holy bolt, revive mercs,
more holy/non-elemental damdge, an auora or tow and some resist + and -

the demon is open for ideas

i also think they need to get rid of the poisen stuff on the necro and add
zombies and demons to the summoner side of him plus get rid of
the golems they are not needed except maby clay

ps

im new:dance

btw maby the angel/demon can be a prize for finishing hell
Capital letters and periods exist, you know?

mr_sly

Reaction score
yes and it's a good thing i'm not using them or else you wouldn't have had anything to complain about :cool:

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Hey... Um... Right. I love you :p.

cheesy409

Reaction score
Shadow_of_Power said:
all this in mind, if you ran around killing innocent NPC's, or other "good" characters... you'd start to look more and more evil, and vice versa.
You can't be serious...You said something about thinking outside the box for Diablo 3, and then your ****ing copying fable...You can think whatever you want diablo 3 to look and be like but in the long run you'll have nothing to do with the game development unless you have a job at blizzard. And that would only be if Blizzard is planning to make a Diablo 3. There's a bunch of shit going around but the thing is that Blizzard hasn't said shit about Diablo 3 so in my opinion everyone should just drop it.
Now, if you still would want a new game that has some "outside of the box" thinking then you should consider either making a mod of Diablo 2 or learning how to make an RPG and go and make your own game with absloutly no relation to Diablo 2. This way you could start one of these posts on another forum and ask for ideas. Then you'll get the same crap that you just proposed. You wont have a new game at all, you'll just have a bunch of the best parts of different games patched together with no story line and crappy gameplay. So thats my oppinion on the topic.
You guys should consider making a game yourself because some of what i have read in here is pretty good (except the parts that are clearly from another game). Even make a Diablo 2 mod or something so that you could actually play your idea rather than sitting on your ass all day talking about it.

Father_Chaos

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Head sitting is funnier, however the next day it hurts a bit.

d2 MASTAH

Member!
Reaction score
LOL

WELL I LIKE MOST OF YOUR IDEAS AND IVE GOT A HAMMERDIN SO =P I STILL LIKE ALL I MEET AND I THINK IF U WERE GOIN TO DO ANYTHIN YOU SHOYLD MAKE A :bouncy EVIL!! clown lol no really i mean to say we should make a demon man like has alot of the powers demons have and there should be like 10 citys instead of 5 cause ive made like 3 acc over 85 and its so easy to finish most of game i mean like quests and gettin into all the citys if u added more it would make it harder =p peace

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
d2 MASTAH said:
WELL I LIKE MOST OF YOUR IDEAS AND IVE GOT A HAMMERDIN SO =P I STILL LIKE ALL I MEET AND I THINK IF U WERE GOIN TO DO ANYTHIN YOU SHOYLD MAKE A :bouncy EVIL!! clown lol no really i mean to say we should make a demon man like has alot of the powers demons have and there should be like 10 citys instead of 5 cause ive made like 3 acc over 85 and its so easy to finish most of game i mean like quests and gettin into all the citys if u added more it would make it harder =p peace
What! say that again, please.

d2 MASTAH

Member!
Reaction score
umm ok well i said

there should be 10 acts

a demon man whith powers like demons in the game

and i was sayin they should make it harder cause ive got 3 accounts over 85

who are all matriarcs and have done most of the quest (ohh and there all

hammerdins =p ) so they should make it longer and harder

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
d2 MASTAH said:
umm ok well i said

there should be 10 acts

a demon man whith powers like demons in the game

and i was sayin they should make it harder cause ive got 3 accounts over 85

who are all matriarcs and have done most of the quest (ohh and there all

hammerdins =p ) so they should make it longer and harder
Try getting one of them to lvl 99. I garentee that would make it harder for you. No offence but whats the point of having more then one, let alone 3 of the same character build?

Anyways, back on topic. I would love to see players having to face off against character builds of D2 that have maybe gone bad. Imagine facing off against a Bone Necro, Orb Sorc, Hammerdin, WW Barb Ect.

d2 MASTAH

Member!
Reaction score
well i like havin 3 accounts cause i said they were over 85 one is 94 one is 90 and one is 87 which means i can get all 3 to 99 and i could do it in 2 months of ball runs in hell

ohh and i think the best thing would have to be a guy cant think of a name the can transform in to loads of forms not just a wear bear or were wolf dat would own like turnin into a snake or somefin kool