Need to kno how to rifle

Jumper17

Reaction score
Im kinda new. I know how to start off and everything, and i usually rush, more often than not winning. Most of the time i just go foots with humans but every once in a while, the other guy tells me to go rifles.
i dont know how to do it quickly and efficently since i usually go with pali, foots, and attack. I need some advice.:confused:

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
This is fastest rifle build humanly (haha) possible, bypassing foots altogether...

This is VVoLF's straight Rifle build. This build gets you Rifles faster than any other I've seen, but it's comlex, so take note.

- Send all peasants to gold, and queue two.
- Rally them to lumber, NOT gold. (You will only have 4 peasants on gold for quite awhile, so make sure you remember to take the guy who finishes the Blacksmith later, and put him on gold when he's done)
- Take a peasant from gold and START an Altar (but do NOT finish it, just start it, then immediately walk away).
- Use same peasant to START a Farm (again, just barely start it, then walk him away from it).
- Send that peasant to gather lumber, and keep making more peasants, all queued to lumber (until you get 10 food in peasants, then stop making them).
- Once you reach 100 lumber, take one lumber-gathering peasant and BUILD (not just start, but fully build) a Blacksmith. When this peasant is finished building the Blacksmith, send him to get gold, so you have 5 on gold.
- When you get to 60 lumber, take another peasant from lumber and BUILD (fully build, not start) a Barracks.
- When you get 20 lumber, take 3 peasants off lumber. One finishes the Altar you began before, one finishes the Farm you began before, and one BUILDS (not starts, but fully builds) a second Farm.
- When you get to 50 lumber, your Barracks should just be completing, so train a Rifleman, and build another Farm.
- You should then get another 30 lumber and train a second Rifleman about the time when your Altar completes.
- Train AM (or Paladin if vs UD) - you should be at 21 food (10 workers, 2 Rifles, one hero being trained).
- Train additional Rifleman as resources permit, and make 2-3 additional peasants along the way. After awhile, you should be at about 44 food.

Think that's about it. Build Lumber Mill and Arcane Vault as needed, whenever you like, and tech to tier two when you're around 30-35 food.

Now note, rifle build is extremly RT shit...you don't do this in solo cause well, it's noob if you do it in solo...and I call you noob if you do it in team games but whatever :) (I play UD)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
In battle, remember that rifles although have 505 life, they can still fall quite easily. In a team game, try to use either your footman or your teammate's melee to keep them safe. Also, be ready to move in the form of micro or if you are surprise attacked. I have snuck up on rifles with even hunts, not a pretty sight, especially when that HU has to run for it.

In a battle, try to snipe out the hunts first. Since rifles > hunts as long as they are not attacking your guys, then go for the rest. If you can get the hero, try to hurt him or kill him. But DO NOT GET TOO GREEDY!!!! You can lose your hero or even the rifles if you are not careful.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Ya rifles really arn't all that great anymore. Rifle+Caster at tier 2 used to be the most popular strat in like 1.15-1.17 or some shit. But now it's just countered so easily most people skip rifles all together.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
when i played with necromancers the enemy massed rifles, about 12 of em and they owned my skelles, i beg to differ

my dog begs

*Turok

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
dont play rifles only race u can play em on is vs undead but u have to be smart with them go to Wcreplays.com and watch top hum reps of sky/tod/nilk/inso

HispanicPaulo

Member!
Reaction score
dude eyah rifles arent that great maybe during an early ruush or something but to me, i rush no matter wahtand tech while we are rushing, very simple by the time your team retreats u should have a good army!!!!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Now that you think about it, I would only use rifles vs night elf huntresses when they go out of control. Other than that, you are better off with fighting using foots.

White Noise

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rifles are pretty damn effective in 2x2... especially if you know your ally well enough to quick creep all the reds. Riflemen > heavy armour :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
G-Blunted said:
Ya rifles really arn't all that great anymore. Rifle+Caster at tier 2 used to be the most popular strat in like 1.15-1.17 or some shit. But now it's just countered so easily most people skip rifles all together.
Yeah the only time I need rifles is 3on3 RT or something. In 2on2 or Solo, I just get foots so I can get the casters. I use dragonhawks or gryphons if I need anti air. Actually, rifles > hunts. The only time I would need the rifles is vs ud since Hunts and Dryads are easily killed by rifles.