Need the community!

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a ton of projects I would love individuals to head up. If you are interested in working on a campaign to: recruit new members, recruit new writers, build content for the site, get links to our site on blogs and other websites, get battleforums advertised on other sites (for free), an advertising campaign for Battleforums (would have to get us real traffic for low cost), sell banner space on our site so we can fund the server and our advertising, work on various graphic work we need for the site and other materials, or work on establishing our clans.... PM me

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Need a member to (or a member to get someone else to) create 5 or so banners for the website in the size of 468x60, 728x90, 120x600, and 160x600. I want the general message to be "writers wanted" in some form, like the old uncle sam "we want you" posters. I would like them to generally look like these posters Star Wars propaganda posters .. Be creative with it from that general guideline and you can use the star wars theme, diablo, starcraft, call of duty, battlefield franchise, or warcraft idea. The banners will be placed on the site, rotating in with advertisements or freestanding on their own to try and get visitors to the site to join and create content.

Please take a few minutes to draft something up and post it here!

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
Need a member to (or a member to get someone else to) create 5 or so banners for the website in the size of 468x60, 728x90, 120x600, and 160x600. I want the general message to be "writers wanted" in some form, like the old uncle sam "we want you" posters. I would like them to generally look like these posters Star Wars propaganda posters .. Be creative with it from that general guideline and you can use the star wars theme, diablo, starcraft, call of duty, battlefield franchise, or warcraft idea. The banners will be placed on the site, rotating in with advertisements or freestanding on their own to try and get visitors to the site to join and create content.

Please take a few minutes to draft something up and post it here!
I love/hate BF as much as the next member, but what you're asking for is a large amount of graphic work for free. You get what you pay for Ark.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
An artist doesn't have to make 5 banners themselves (or any for that matter). If they wanted to just make very crude renderings that could then be modified into a banner, that would be very beneficial. If someone posts their photoshop file then other members can tweak it and go back and forth working on it. I ask only that members consider working on a banner for 10 mins if they have nothing else going on. And I was hoping that members would do it because a member can actually capture the vibe of this place. I think it says something of the community to have a themed propaganda poster asking for writers as opposed to a normal banner or impersonal link.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
i will write for one cent a word

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Add a points system. Posts = points. Other ways as well. Use points to buy colored titles, names, etc. I think we had something like this before.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Add a points system. Posts = points. Other ways as well. Use points to buy colored titles, names, etc. I think we had something like this before.
that doesn't bring in/keep trafic.

I say its a waste of time to focus on somethign likt that at thsi time.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The store was racist.

What it should be is if a member is here for X amount of time, or reaches X amount of posts before then (or bribes me with ten dollars), he/she is entitled to a member group that allows a bigger avatar, more PM space and more nifty things that I can't think of right now.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Been extremely busy last few days and will continue to be for awhile. Still working on the site but behind the scenes once more for awhile.

And if you have noticed there has been some changing around with advertising. Due to some hard work I have gotten the site some good advertisers and the money will be used for our hosting, promotion, and content creation.

- I am also very happy to say that I have been working hard to get some writers and workers to the forums and within just weeks they will begin helping out with SEO, writing articles, advertising/ promotion, and more!

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I removed two of the ads on the forum to declutter it a bit. Hope that it makes the site more enjoyable. I replaced the top banner ad with a quick banner I made asking for writers. Hope that a few people take note and contact me.

As always I have been very busy. but the long-term strategy for the site seems to be working and we are seeing some growth in visitors. I am going to continue that work while soon trying to get more visitors to become active in the forum... this will be a large undergoing.

In the meantime please consider the original post of this thread. I am not that great at photoshop but the banner at the top of every page only took me about 10 minutes to make and I think it looks pretty good. Please take a second and try to outdo me and post it here. Good submissions will get placed!