Neat pics I took

Minnesota

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
This is a thread for some neat pics I have took, I have quite a few, but Im just showing off my "best". Some are kinda cool

--
This picture I took, its kinda neat, I know the quality is off a tad bit, but it is a picture of my dog's snout in a water bowl. It is actually kinda neat, but weird looking, I will have some way better ones to come.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
summing up it doesnt look that tasty either

Minnesota

Reaction score
WHAT?!!?!?

Thats the funniest thing I ever heard!!

How can my dog look like a PeanutButter and Jelly sandwich?!

LOL!!!

Ok, but heres a good photo I took today

pat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nice picture...

you'd be suprised what it could look like if you did some (more?) touching up on the image (primarily soft lighting and a good dou, tri, or quadtone)

Its a good example of an image which would benefit from dramatic lighting.

I'll post an example of what I'm talking about if you want.

Minnesota

Reaction score
That sounds cool, thanks for the compliments, I used "Sepia" mode on my Sony DSC-P52, I havent tried using PS on it yet, I think its pretty good. If I did take it in color, it would be more than easy to make it the same way. Digital photography is pretty neat when you start to get into it, I just bought a tripod after 2 years... so thats helping a hella lot out.
--
I attached an OK shot I got of my dog standing in a puddle, its pretty good, but might look better modifying the colors.
--
Does anyone have tips on taking photo's? Or techniques to make them better in PS? I know there is a ton, but any good ones you use?
--
I just got my 3rd digital camera 2 weeks ago and have took 1500+ Files (934 which I saved) totalling 982MB on my computer.. in 2 weeks.
This is awesome :cool:

I hope to get some more soon, some good ones.

Thanks,
Minnesota

pat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
touching up photos is much more brush based work.

for 'removing' thigns:
-healing brush
-clone stamp tool

for specific lighting work, the dodge & burn tools

for simple but extremely effective dramatic lighting (done on duplicate layers primarily):
-gaussian blur & blur tool, with a layer style
-layer styles

difficult to go into much detail, just learn what the various tools do, and it makes more sense.

an example which incorporates almost all of those things to some extent (using your image as a base, so long as you don't mind) will be attached.

aphextwin

Reaction score
hey minnesota are u taking photography?

Minnesota

Reaction score
I wish... I am OK at it, but would like to take a class. It would be awesome.
Pat, did you use a radial blur, or another blur to edit that pic? Thats pretty good, did you use a filter or just adjust the hue and stuff to make it like that?
Anyone have any photographic tips, or any sites with some good tips?

Thanks guys,
Minnesota

pat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
duplicate main layer + dodge/burn tool + layer style + duplicate main layer + gaussian blur + layers style + duplicate main layer + gaussian blur layer + eraser tool = that

erm, yeah.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Nice to the both of you. Minnesota you will become a good photographist when you get older. I'm sure :)

pat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
as long as you persue the goal of course...

VizjereiMage, if by both, you were referring to my edit of the photo as well - don't. That was an example, not meant to be complemented.

Minnesota

Reaction score

Theres not a lot of scenic stuff by my house.. so its kinda hard, and I dont get out much, but I will post the better phtotographs that I take

Minnesota

Reaction score
Sorry for DoublePost but Im gonna post a neat pic I took today at a park about 20 miles from my house.
----
I have more from the same place, they are really neat

Thanks,
Minnesota