NE~Why go mass Hippographriders and not go mass achers

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok ok, im settling this once and for all, considering before the hacker got into here i bitched about this topic 300 freakin times:

Hipporiders is better then archer army.

If you go archers you must throw in land based melee units for support, wrong way to go....

archers cost 2 food, only good melee unit for NE is the only one, DotC, which costs 4 gold

Hipporiders each cost 4.
Why build DotC and archer, when that costs 6, instead of having riders that cost 4, and cant be hit by standard undead strats?

I rest my case once and for all on this topic, SO STOP POSTING ON IT.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shizo
ok ok, im settling this once and for all, considering before the hacker got into here i bitched about this topic 300 freakin times:

Hipporiders is better then archer army.

If you go archers you must throw in land based melee units for support, wrong way to go....

archers cost 2 food, only good melee unit for NE is the only one, DotC, which costs 4 gold

Hipporiders each cost 4.
Why build DotC and archer, when that costs 6, instead of having riders that cost 4, and cant be hit by standard undead strats?

I rest my case once and for all on this topic, SO STOP POSTING ON IT.
What are you talking about? my strats base alot around crypt fiends and gargoyles. so you would be literaly screwed. have fun!

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, heres one thing that either you guys have overlooked, or just not bothered saying....
If you go hippos, which takes up an assload of resourses and food compared to just reg archers or dryads, and the opponent is orc and goes bats, there goes a ton of wasted gold/lumber/food. Also, if he has berzerkers, he could easily own a group of hippo riders.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hippo riders truely just arn't effective in any way. I never use them, for AA i just use hippos, and for ground ill use archers and dryads.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yea, same here, for me aa is hippos and DotT, mostly DotT though because they can attack ground too.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
uh, pan, are you dumb? crypt fiends and gargs dont mix, and dont make a decent army, dryad+dotc owns that army SOOOOO bad. o yeah crypt fiends and gargs dont compliment each other, they are 2 different contradictory units.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
LoL, getting technical are we?
I dont understand all those big words, im stupid.....
Not really......
But yea, they kinda are contradictory, it would be pointless to get fiends if you have gargs, unless they have really good aa, in which case you would need gouls to go /w your fiends.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
i am once again a staunch defender of something that should shine (gyros anyone hehe). first off riders are 2 units. 2 of them. i am willing to say that they are truly the anit-air in the game. first off u dismount once u see big ugly frostie or griphon and u get almost garg damage and a nice ranged attack from the biatches below. and if ur against fiends, let them web just unmount agen and ur safe to go cuz the fiends are attacking ur immobalized hippos. i rest my case.

cmon am i the only one that respects gyros??

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
No!! I like gyros!!
Also, hippos are stupid, I'd rather get a mix of archers/DotT in storm crow for aa, if they dont have air, transform back.

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
4 chims and the rest dotts is a good mix
dotts can reduce hippos armor by 5 then transform to easily kill them
if the person gets all melle u will be pretty screwed unless u micro
and use cyclone for any units getting to close
or do it the easy way and transform into crows and let the hims kill them

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I faced 12 Hippo Riders in a 3v3 RT with 59 3/3 Flak/Bomb Gyro/Flying Machines once, it was hell for the Hippos. The ONLY good thing about them is, like Gargs (now at least) you can get them as tier 2 units and fast air, which is always an advantage.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark_NightElfs
BECAUSE WHEN U GO VS HUMENS OR UNDEAD THEY MOST OF THE TIMES GO MELLE AM THEY CANT ATTACK AIR UNITS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ THATS WAT I THINK ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are probably wrong. Good undead players always build spiders which can web. Also they usually build a few gargs just to fill their ranks. Only stupid undead players only go melee.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Im sorry to say it now, but I have officially changed my mind. I used to think hippo riders sucked ass, but now there my favorite units, i mass archers to start with, tech, and turn them into hippo riders. It all started when me and my friend were at'ing, and one was massing ground (orc /w grunts), so he told me to go hippos. I did, and eventually we won (long, LONG battle). I saw how much they pwned first hand....and now i love them!

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hipporiders a long time ago were my favorite unit, if anyone remembers me when i was a prick back then, they would know how much i defended hipporiders, that was back when i was still semi-noobish.

Now that i play the game ALOT, and now that i live and breathe the game when im online, i understand it alot better, and i know that they arent good.

first off u dismount once u see big ugly frostie or griphon and u get almost garg damage and a nice ranged attack from the biatches below.
ok, you do realize that when the hipporider does dismount the archer, that it becomes unmovable/unusable for a little while, im not sure of the time, but they are unable to do anything, so if you do see a "big ugly frostie"(get a life dude) then you will be screwed unless you run away and hope he doesnt follow.