NE~Why go mass Hippographriders and not go mass achers

IHATEMRJONS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why go mass Hippographriders and not go mass achers

Yes we have talked about the power of archers and all that stuff and we may have talked about the power of mass hippographs but y would u ever go mass hippograph riders wen mass archers can just kick its ass. i dont like to go mass archers but lately i have seen alot of mass hippographs, the only advantage is, is that it is air, and that is not to big of a deal. Wen u go mass archers that means that u have double the amount of units as a person going mass hippograph riders and they both deal the same amount of damage, i dont understand this, y would someone go mass hippographriders.

Dark_NightElfs

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BECAUSE WHEN U GO VS HUMENS OR UNDEAD THEY MOST OF THE TIMES GO MELLE AM THEY CANT ATTACK AIR UNITS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ THATS WAT I THINK ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aeris22

Member!
Reaction score
mass archers are much better than mass hypo riders BUT you have to mix in some land bassed melee the DOTC escpeally

_NoFx_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
actually archers have low defense and low hp, 3-4 hero hits kills one archer... so if the guy masses ghouls, footmen, hunts or any tier 1 meelee units, archers get raped and they give mass exp to heroes, plus carrion or shockwave hurts them ALOT.. its like hippo riders vs gargoyles... they have no damn chances.. so u cant go mass archers without any meatshield caus u'll suck bad

3xpo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
USUALLY (ADDING TO CAP ON STEROIDS) DONT GO STRAIGHT HIPPOS GO HUNTS + ARCHS OR HUNTS + DRYADS

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Archers + Hunts/Dryads are very effective. I only build the AoW so that I can bring out Chims to terrorize workers in bases and devastate Towers.

vash2003

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think that massing hippos is great because mainly peeps go for melee and casters so if you have hippos and some gargs to back you up i believe youll dominate. i tried it it works.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
go hippo riders because you can do the happy dance when you sing "cant touch this" to the melee units.
Sing goodbye when Gryphon Riders start decimating you. Go Archers! They have an obscene amount of damage, all in 150/10/2.

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dont go archer or hippo.
go talon :) they rule the ground and are best aa when in air :)
and u fly in a base,morph attack,morph,fly away :)
mass archer ownz hippo cause=
less food
less money
takes not so much time
u can aow rush with it as melee 8)

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They're not THAT good at AA. Gargs have consistently ripped them new ones in just about ever battle I've ever fought. As for the current question, it's a judgment call. Hippo Riders are spared the deadly AoE unit nukes that usually tear apart Archers, but have less of the firepower, whereas mass Archers is the total reverse.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Originally posted by M3_feelin_0wn3d
dont go archer or hippo.
go talon :) they rule the ground and are best aa when in air :)
and u fly in a base,morph attack,morph,fly away :)
mass archer ownz hippo cause=
less food
less money
takes not so much time
u can aow rush with it as melee 8)
dude what are u smoking and why arent u sharing. i have a nice squad of 6-7 riders and Pom and Dh with the rest being unmounted hippos. they tear through air like gargs. (talons phssh) they do less damage and have a lot less life.....

Dantae

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hippos are good because there quick and like most of you's have been saying people go mass melee and tear though your archers so this why u can get around the battle field quicker and there more affective.

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hippo rider have exact same damage.
but maybe hippo wil own the archer BUT u wont have the time to build a nice and cumfy mass hippo rider.
archers u can have in 5 minutes about 70+ food. and if i would attack u would be SO dead

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hippo riders can do 40+ damage?

Archers and Hunts are the main thing that will get SOMEWHERE with NE, at least, and I'll stick to that thanx.