Votes: 11 40.7%
  • huntress

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

Aeris22

Member!
Reaction score
whats better in your mind the archer or the huntress

personaly i think that the huntress is the domiant land unit for the elves for the main reason of moon glaive plus it is still a ranged attack so it can benifit from trueshot aura

PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
They both good against early groound, archers are better for air, and huntresses better for later ground. you need a abalanced force, but Dryads are better quality.

Masta

Member!
Reaction score
archers cauz when fully upgrade they do almost 40 DMG--this is crazy

when u place them near healing wards or moon wells they kick ass but their low life makes them less good

oh and if u want ground support I opt for dryads and not huntreses

vash2003

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hunts are good but they also need archers to back them up. alone hunts arent that great.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Why do that, when you can get an even squad of 6 Hunts and 6 Archers? Add a few Bears and Dryads inot the mix and that's one tough nutt to break.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, I hear that!
I personally love getting the shadow priest from the mercenary camp.....usually around 3 for some nice healing. I usually go warden, 5 archers, and 6 hunts. Its a good mix of range/melee (if you can call it that), my archers rain dmg from the back, while my hunts are good meat shields that do nice dmg.

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
I agree Huntresses are good at tanking and hero targeting... but they don't have better stats. They are Unarmored and do less damage. Why not get some ents, entangle, and a merc to tank for your archers? I think archers are way more effective, it just takes a lot of intricate micro.

blink_penguin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Huntresses. <-- Full stop. Archers have their uses (I build 4 for creeping with DH then move to huntresses most of the time), but huntresses hit multiple units, are faster and can actually resist a bit of AOE spammage (unlike archers, which die SOO quickly)

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i like to go archer then hunt the a littlebit of both

massing the combination is very effective

i like the idea of adding a few shadow preist for heal when u battle outside of your base

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Thats what I usually do....2-3 shadow priests, and 2 mud golems for slow. Then, I decide my main units based on what the other team gets. Archers and hunts are for early game, unless of course you have hippo riders, or 3/3 hunts with bouncing glaive upgrade....but even then, you would be better for with DotT or bears/dryads.