NE~What's Better Dryads or Archers?

Whats the better massed unit Dryad or Archers?

• Dryads

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Archers

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no question dryads...much stronger...gayer...and SPELL IMMUNITY

i enjoy running through lines of massed archers, by dryads id much rather have frolicing around on my side

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
For me, it's a so-so vote. Archers deal 40+ damage fully upgraded, and more with Trueshot, all for 150/10/2. But the Dryad on the other hand deals decent damage, but Abolishes and Slows down stuff. It's also immune to magic (duh). They're also more expensive.

When you think about it, it comes down to whether you wanna deal some serious damage but waste time teching for it. Most won't focus teching just Archers, which is why you see Hunts/Dryads more often. But if you give it time, I guarantee that Archers will be MUCH more powerful. But you have to tech strong.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
scouting is still the key... dryads now owns melee units and archers own air units... so itx up to you to decide which... or perhaps to have a good mix of both units

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
But Archers own Dryads and other SCs. Dryads rule Melee (maybe). But that's what a Hunt and Bear is for. Don't forget that.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
In 1.06, piercing damage is the key to victory. Archer dominate the game, with light armor and piercing. Plus, now heros do only 50% of the damage that they used to do to archers. Dryads, now being unarmored, are suddenly anti-melee rather than anti-caster. I don't use then any more except in very rare cases.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sure, they will be frustrating, because theres so many of them, but they are still going to die, and archers dont rule the game now, riflemen are better then archers, they both are piercing, both have light armor, but fully teched riflemen have much better defense, and as good damage.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Good defense doesn't necessarily compensate for the huge amount of damage the Archer does, and you have 3 Archers to 2 Rifles as well.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
true but if you go by auras riflemen win, archers may get trueshot, but riflemens defense bonus is nuts, and if you buy a scroll of protection, there armor gets to be 12, wich out does the archers bye about 7-8 i dunno which.
50 damage for archers vs 40 for riflemen, archers win
12 defense for riflemen vs 4 archer, riflemen win
advantage goes to riflemen.

Shizo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
: )

trueshot lvl 3 plus max upgraded archers = a total of 56 max damage, very ouch, but riflemen fully upgraded + lvl 3 devotion aura = 12 armor.
******riflemen reduce damage from archers*****
meaning that the archers now do about 38 damage, thats not even putting defense bonus into play, per shot the archers would deal 26, riflemen would deal close to 34, riflemen win.
: )

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DemonMaRine
no one uses riflemen though.... its sad to see em go to waste, blizzard taking all that time making the unit that doesn't get used
You still see them, when i noob plays. I see all the lv1-4 use them then i never see them.

At least their still used in custom lol.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's mostly 'cos Gryphs will start taking out the air themselves with Inner Fire. Still, Shizo, you forgot that Rifles are way more expensive, and 3 Archers to 2 Rifles, which might make things even worse for them.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Yea, but still, dryads are the obvious choice, due to their poison and slowed attack/movement....this can completely cripple an army.

T!dus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
to be compleetely honest why mass them just use both when you fully or semi upgrade both then tyou got one hell of a force...but thats what i think...

Archers and dryads

-or-

Dryads and hunts

With first a DH and a PotM